The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days: Buffalo Bills

3 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Buffalo Bills Empty 32 teams in 32 days: Buffalo Bills

Post by GSC Thu 20 Feb 2014, 11:34 am

Buffalo Bills
Record:
6-10
Offensive Rank: 19th, Points: 22nd, Passing: 28th, Rushing: 2nd
Defensive Rank: 10th, Points: 20th, Passing: 4th, Rushing: 28th

Offensive MVP: Fred Jackson
Offensive LVP: EJ Manuel struggled to stay healthy, and on the field
Defensive MVP: Surprising amount of candidates, lets go with Kiko Alonso
Defensive LVP: Outside of Alonso, the LBs struggled to make plays in the run game.

Story of the Season:
The Bills have yet another HC/QB combination, as Doug Marron arrived, and the team surprisingly took EJ Manuel with the 16th pick. He struggled in his rookie season, battling injuries for the most of the season as the Bills used 3 QBs. Fred Jackson had his 675th career revival as CJ Spiller again struggled to stay on the field. Meanwhile Doug Pettine coordinated a front 7 that feasted on QBs, leading the league in sacks, earning himself a HC berth in Cleveland (lucky him). There are some pieces on this team, but offensively they need work. This could be a sleeper team with a good draft (but then again they're the Bills, so probably not).

2014 Outlook:
Jim Schwartz replaces Pettine after a marginally successful spell in Detroit as the HC, but the major changes on this team will be offensively. Improving the OL is a major priority in the offseason, as will improving the calibre of weapons for Manuel, with Chandler and Stevie Johnson possibly outstaying their welcome.

2014 Draft Needs:
The Bills would love to see Sammy Watkins fall to them. Barring that, they could move down for a TE or WR, so seek to bolster the pass rush. An OT seems unlikely with Cordy Glenn entrenched at LT
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Buffalo Bills Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Buffalo Bills

Post by NYJ Thu 20 Feb 2014, 6:03 pm

How long have we been saying that the Bills could be contenders with a good draft?

I quite like the offense Doug Marrone is developing. People talk about the Eagles fast paced run game, but the Bills were also very good in that respect. CJ Spiller and Stevie Johnson just need to stay healthy and they will be back to form, especially the former. I like what I saw from Robert Woods earlier in the season, Marqise Goodwin flashed talent and I was a big advocate of Chris Gragg in the draft process. Things are looking up.

Keeping hold of Jairus Byrd is a must because that secondary is baaaaad.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 20 Feb 2014, 11:46 pm

No matter what Buffalo does, it'll forever end the season with around a 6-10 record it seems.

They have pieces, just never seems to come all together at once. Need a proper number 1 WR (Stevie Johnson is a good #2/poor #1 for me), and desperately need some O-line and secondary help.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down