The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is with these guys???

+17
Imperial Ghosty
eddyfightfan
Happytravelling
AlexHuckerby
Mind the windows Tino.
Lumbering_Jack
School Project
Sugar Boy Sweetie
HumanWindmill
ONETWOFOREVER
slash912
Steffan
BALTIMORA
Young_Towzer
sodhat
KO-KING
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is with these guys??? Empty What is with these guys???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Chisora 261?????...That's right give a mug a chance...Don't these guys realise they only get one career and they have to make the most of what they have got...Sacrifice yourself for godsake make your money and then be a slob.....

Seen it all before....Tubbs fastest hands in the business..great amateur talent..eats it away!!!!! Witherspoon great defensive fighter, very talented..page same thing!!!! Tate same thing!!!!.....Dokes couldn't control his urges!!! Tucker!!!! Bowe!!!! Biggs!!!!

Heavyweights throwing careers away how depressing...

261..well I did pick him to win easy......now it's pickem!!!!

Heavyweights full of sad men wondering what could've been in small houses instead of mansions..maybe Chissy will join em...

Get a grip Son.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What is with these guys??? Empty Re: What is with these guys???

Post by KO-KING Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:38 pm

they like to eat

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Some of them liked sherbet too.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:42 pm

What does he normally weigh in at TRUSS?

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:42 pm

I suppose part of it is that as a heavy, you don't have to get down to a certain limit. Not saying that that means they don't train as hard strictly, but they know that if they have a couple of lazy sessions or they want to stuff their faces, the repurcussions won't include fight cancellation...just a diminished performance!

I don't know why they wouldn't put their all into it and try and get into perfect shape. Especially when this is a fairly big fight for him and plenty of exposure to show what he can do.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Unprofessional.........Why did Ali and Holy stay at the top so long??

Talent yes but dedication and professionalism also....

Don't let a chump like Fury have a chance because you're lazy....

Don't know how much he usually weighs..but he's 6ft 3in....same as Tubbs and he was a slob at 245..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:46 pm

I think Chisora's come in bad shape however he is a good trainer most of the time and is very fit and throws tons of shots for an heavyweight, would hardly call Fury a chump like, i'd call Arreola, Tony Thompson bonafied chumps before these 2.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:49 pm

It's Chisora's biggest fight Mate......Notivce you're picking on Americans but hey not interested in your opinion if I'm honest..

so good luck

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:I think Chisora's come in bad shape however he is a good trainer most of the time and is very fit

Obviously not.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Unprofessional.........Why did Ali and Holy stay at the top so long??

Talent yes but dedication and professionalism also....

Don't let a chump like Fury have a chance because you're lazy....

Don't know how much he usually weighs..but he's 6ft 3in....same as Tubbs and he was a slob at 245..

I don't think he's even that tall Truss. For him to weigh over 260 like he has is quite disgraceful. Build influences weight to a degree, but Chisora doesn't need to be that heavy. It's not even 'good' weight.

Love or hate Haye, he was at least in shape. Hell, even Audley was!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:59 pm

You only get one chance at the big time Balti.....Just wish these guys could see themselves ten years from now in a crystal ball and see what they could've done..

It'll make them get their butts in the gym..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Fury looks in great shape to be fair. Got this feeling Chisora is gonna become a journeyman. Just something about him. Iv picked Del Boy to win but kinda hope that Fury does it now

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm

At least the chump is up for it...hey.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:At least the chump is up for it...hey.

Excuse the Rocky quote (why change habit of a lifetime hey) but Fury has that that 'Eye of the Tiger' look. Del Boy has got that 'at least im gonna earn a few quid either way' look

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Thats it, Fury, especially compared to what he usually looks like, is in great shape. And though he's been a bit of a muppet in the past, there is a bit of potential there if he would just utilise that size of his. If he uses it properly he could probably jab Chisora to a decision, instead of just hanging it out there and pawing.

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:20 pm

I remember watching an Evander holyfield interview prior to a David Haye fight a couple of years ago where he said he is always in shape to fight and he could step in at a days notice.

Surely adequate training has to be an addiction?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:22 pm

You're either a professional or you're not..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:29 pm

What did you expect TRUSS he is a proper heavy, not every heavy can look like Haye and he is a cruiser anyway. I still pick Chisora.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Heres a picture of Chisora and his entourage at the weigh in

Dunno who the guy on the right is but it looks like Mick Hennessy on the left at the back

Spoiler:

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Steffan wrote:Heres a picture of Chisora and his entourage at the weigh in

Dunno who the guy on the right is but it looks like Mick Hennessy on the left at the back

Spoiler:

Ha !

I believe the guy on the right is actually Chisora's lunch, Steffan.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:47 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Steffan wrote:Heres a picture of Chisora and his entourage at the weigh in

Spoiler:

Ha !

I believe the guy on the right is actually Chisora's lunch, Steffan.

No wonder he looks so apprehensive Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's Chisora's biggest fight Mate......Notivce you're picking on Americans but hey not interested in your opinion if I'm honest..

so good luck
Picking on Americans? although i would root for a Bradley win against Khan? and have been the States and loved the people, like all nationalities though, some can get angry if you don't look out the window during the day and agree with them it's night time.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:What did you expect TRUSS he is a proper heavy, not every heavy can look like Haye and he is a cruiser anyway. I still pick Chisora.

What does Haye starting as a cruiser have to do with Chisora being unwilling or unable (or both) to get himself into good shape? Once upon a time the vast majority of heavies were always in good shape...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Trussman66: Don't know how much he usually weighs..but he's 6ft 3in....same as Tubbs and he was a slob at 245..
-----
He's 6'1" Truss which makes it worse. I like del boy but how the hell can he have put on a stone since his last fight and expect us to think he's serious about things? Unbelievably he's 2 inches taller than me but a hundred bloody pound heavier - how can that be? The winner of this will probably get a shot at wlad, chisora should be in the shape of his life.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Loving the pics Steffan...

Has anyone got the actual Weigh-in photos?

It's Friday, I'm alone this evening and want to look at two men in their underwear.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Trussman66: Don't know how much he usually weighs..but he's 6ft 3in....same as Tubbs and he was a slob at 245..
-----
He's 6'1" Truss which makes it worse. I like del boy but how the hell can he have put on a stone since his last fight and expect us to think he's serious about things? Unbelievably he's 2 inches taller than me but a hundred bloody pound heavier - how can that be? The winner of this will probably get a shot at wlad, chisora should be in the shape of his life.
That means nothing, nothing at all that he's 2 inches taller but a 100 pound heavier, isn't Khan taller than Tyson? different guys, different builds. Chisora is a terrific prospect, i agree he's a bit heavy for this, but that doesn't mean he's not dedicated, he's always in the gym, i personally think he's come in heavy because of the size difference between the pair, he wants to be stronger.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Trussman66: Don't know how much he usually weighs..but he's 6ft 3in....same as Tubbs and he was a slob at 245..
-----
That means nothing, nothing at all that he's 2 inches taller but a 100 pound heavier, isn't Khan taller than Tyson? different guys, different builds. Chisora is a terrific prospect, i agree he's a bit heavy for this, but that doesn't mean he's not dedicated, he's always in the gym, i personally think he's come in heavy because of the size difference between the pair, he wants to be stronger.

That argument would he more believable if he looked in better shape for having that extra stone on him. As it is, he looks like the only thing he's been doing in the gym is emptying their snack machines.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Just be quiet...6ft 1 261 pounds...gimme a break.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Also Towser, you're right about the height and body type thing, but let's not forget that someone like Tyson was still over forty pounds lighter at his peak than Chisora weighed in at, with only two or three inches height difference. Hell, Schwarzenegger weight 240 when he won the Olympia, and he was Chisora's height. No two ways about it; Chisora is too short to be really effective at heavyweight's upper echelon, and no amount of weight will compensate for that.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Cracking rack!

http://www.boxingasylum.com/f2/chisora-weighs-massive-261lbs-11313.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Tubbs was 245 and a slob at 6ft 3..

Just leave it Balti..you're arguing with Danny Devito's character in one flew over...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Tubbs was 245 and a slob at 6ft 3..

Just leave it Balti..you're arguing with Danny Devito's character in one flew over...

I'm simply astounded by Chisora, and depressed by the continual decline in standards. The saving grace is that Fury at least seemed to be getting into shape. He still had the love handles a little, but a lot of the spare tyre was gone, and I think his abs were almost visible, so he must be getting his body fat down.

Purely aesthetic, I know, and it may mean nothing by this time tomorrow, but still...it's a step in the right direction.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:32 pm

How the hell can Chisora be dedicated at 261lb's. He does not look lean, fit, or anything you would remotely associate with someone approaching the biggest night of his life.

He has out on 20lb in fat since his last fights, and he was carrying too much weight then. A dedicated Chisora should weigh 225lb's.

It might just be me, but do heavy weight boxers not look at the Klits and think maybe their dedication and hard work has something to do with the success they have.

Hope Chisora loses badly.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Wlad is nearly 6'7" and he weighed what - about 242 for haye? Whichever way you cut it del boy has basically had a year out and piled on the blubber. 261lb is ridiculously heavy for a fighter of 6'1. He should be 30lb lighter at least - part of his game is his evasiness, upper body movement etc - how can he do that as well lugging an extra 2 stone of lard around the ring? I thought chisora would outlast fury and outgun him late on, but if anything fury looked in better shape (which is mental bearing in mind I've seen pork scratchings in better shape and with less body fat percentages than fury, the fat gypo). I'm still backing chis, but a bit disappointed he doesn't seem to be in top shape, if he gasses we'll know why.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Wlad is nearly 6'7" and he weighed what - about 242 for haye? Whichever way you cut it del boy has basically had a year out and piled on the blubber. 261lb is ridiculously heavy for a fighter of 6'1. He should be 30lb lighter at least - part of his game is his evasiness, upper body movement etc - how can he do that as well lugging an extra 2 stone of lard around the ring? I thought chisora would outlast fury and outgun him late on, but if anything fury looked in better shape (which is mental bearing in mind I've seen pork scratchings in better shape and with less body fat percentages than fury, the fat gypo). I'm still backing chis, but a bit disappointed he doesn't seem to be in top shape, if he gasses we'll know why.

Thought he was closer to 6'5 to be honest. But lets not forget muscle weighs more than fat. I really dont know why professional athletes would risk making a stack of cash for a cake/crisps etc...

I am not as talented as any of these guys and I look far, far, farrrrrr better than they ever will.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Put it this way Frank had the greatest physique I've ever seen along with Weaver at heavy and they were both 6'3ish and 230......as ws Arnie in his hey day...

Fury wasn't to spoil for the first half and sow the seeds in the 2nd.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Wlad is nearly 6'7" and he weighed what - about 242 for haye? Whichever way you cut it del boy has basically had a year out and piled on the blubber. 261lb is ridiculously heavy for a fighter of 6'1. He should be 30lb lighter at least - part of his game is his evasiness, upper body movement etc - how can he do that as well lugging an extra 2 stone of lard around the ring? I thought chisora would outlast fury and outgun him late on, but if anything fury looked in better shape (which is mental bearing in mind I've seen pork scratchings in better shape and with less body fat percentages than fury, the fat gypo). I'm still backing chis, but a bit disappointed he doesn't seem to be in top shape, if he gasses we'll know why.

Perhaps he hasn't correctly utilised his freedom of choice and self discipline SBS......perhaps he lives in a world that doesn't yeild personal responsibility......perhaps he is blaming the product and not the individual.

McDonalds anyone?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:41 pm

wants to spoil...should read.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Perhaps he hasn't correctly utilised his freedom of choice and self discipline SBS......perhaps he lives in a world that doesn't yeild personal responsibility......perhaps he is blaming the product and not the individual.

McDonalds anyone?

Perhaps your right - his father should be ashamed.

Dont be surprised to see Amir Khan turn up and knock Chisora out in anger before Fury even gets to the ring.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Chisora's actually 6"1 and a half inchesm and to weigh more than Wladimir Klitschko is a bit of a disgrace in honesty he doesn't always look ridiculously trim ala Haye but jesus he's got moobs going into his biggest fight?! Never know perhaps he's actually in good shape some people never cease to amaze me, John McDermott doesn't look as though he's capable of going for long and to his credit he isn't the worst 12 round fighter we've ever seen. Fury actually looks alright. I never thought I'dsay that last comment.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 am

I haven't seen the pics. But read a blog where someone said Del Boy looked in decent shape. The incinuation was Del Boy might be hiding some weights somewhere to outpsyche Fury.

I agree with Truss about HWs throwing their career's away but not sure Del Boy has done that yet. We'll see after the fight.

One of the problems all really talented atheletes have is at domestic and lower level they find it easy. When they step up and the differentiator is more to do with application than talent, cos all the lads at world level are talented, they struggle cos they've already got into bad habits or their egos are so big. You can extend that to nearly all the underachievers in sport. This is exposed even more so in boxing where your careers are so short wrt the number of competitions your career is based on

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:18 am

for chisora to come in this out of shape is like a 100m sprinter turning up 15 mins late for a race. chisora's tactic for me should have been keep a fast pace and push for a TKO late on. now thats flipped as fury looks the better conditioned guy, he has reach advantage, probably slightly better power and i dont see what tools chisora has to win this now. not a good message to be sending out even if he wins. wlad would eat him for breakfast if he had the disrespect to come into a fight with him that out of shape.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Agreed...It's his job.

A little respect fior his profession and his opponent wouldn't be amiss..

Hope Fury wins now even though he's garbage.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Agreed...It's his job.

He's a good prospect without a doubt, if he's 'garbage' don't watch the fight

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

He's a prospect who doesn't see the appeal in not being fat for a fight. He lost to Mcdermot, who lets be honest, is pretty rubbish in boxing terms. To call him garbage is not far off.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

He's a prospect who doesn't see the appeal in not being fat for a fight. He lost to Mcdermot, who lets be honest, is pretty rubbish in boxing terms. To call him garbage is not far off.
He's a good prospect like i said, fat? didn't look too bad at the weigh in, i'm not wearing all this you have to be Haye like in build to be good, not at all, Calzaghe was never Arnie and he's easily our best ever fighter of the past 20 years imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Apart from Lennox Lewis

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Apart from Lennox Lewis
Good point ghosty, i prefer Joe though, Lennox was a walter mittee imo, great fighter though

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Apart from Lennox Lewis

another fighter that wasn't 'ripped' or haye like in build

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Calzaghe was better than Lewis for me.....

No losing to crud like Rahman, mccall...getting decked off Akinwande, wobbled off Briggs....lucky against Mercer and no defining fight..

His win over Hoppo has turned into a quality win added to it the win over Lacy and 10 yrs unbeaten...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next