The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+28
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pal Joey
mickyt
Sin é
rodders
OnASideNote
Adam D
Mickado
Ozzy3213
Don Alfonso
littleswannygirl
Glas a du
Cymroglan
Rava
red_stag
Suspicious lurker
Cari
Gibson
nottins
MBTGOG
Thomond
Luckless Pedestrian
prop_lyd
Mick(TEFC)
The_Hound_of_Harrow
PenfroPete
WillyGilly
Notch
32 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:27 pm

I'm not talking about grunge Gibbo. I'm talking about a sport that doesn't give the advantage to the team playing far better. That's my problem with it.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

Gibson wrote:Jeezuz, this guy was a Christian Funda-mentalist. How many people have died because of those bastaards from ALL religions over millenia? He looks like a rich stockbroker. Probably is.

Where does it say he was a Christian fundamentalist? I can only find it saying he was a right wing extremist and he calls himself a nationalist.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm

Gibbo - you can't compare her to George Best!! Seriously, I agree with you there. As I just said on another thread, although I don't agree with her lifestyle choices, I do think that she was totally overrated by the media and public. I think she was under a lot of pressure to follow up Back to Black with an album that was just as amazing if not better, and she just couldn't produce that. I think she was exploited by her father and her ex husband as well which didn't help matters.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:37 pm

Na gibbo she was grand till she met your man Blake, downward spiral from there, all to do with drugs
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:43 pm

Munsty you remember I said it to you at your place earlier on today:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/norway-suspect-fundamentalist-christian-20110724-1huqg.html

Apparently he describes himself as that on Facebook.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

Fair enough. On the BBC site, they say he is a Christian with no mention of the F-word.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:48 pm

Rugby League,pfft. Do ye not realise the GAA is on?! Cork up 5 points and playing average. Happy days.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:49 pm

MBTGOG wrote:
Gibson wrote:Jeezuz, this guy was a Christian Funda-mentalist. How many people have died because of those bastaards from ALL religions over millenia? He looks like a rich stockbroker. Probably is.

Where does it say he was a Christian fundamentalist? I can only find it saying he was a right wing extremist and he calls himself a nationalist.

Says it in the report BBC are using on BBC news 24
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

MBTGOG wrote:I'm not talking about grunge Gibbo. I'm talking about a sport that doesn't give the advantage to the team playing far better. That's my problem with it.

Fair enuf Munsty. You know the game better than I do pal. I just loved watching it and mostly dont give a sheet about RL... But, I just could not switch over. It was compelling to watch. That's where Im coming from.

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:53 pm

Cheers Hughie. BBC site missing important details as usual. This is what they have written down-

On the Facebook page attributed to him, he describes himself as a Christian and a conservative

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

Even though I didn't like Amy Winehouse it is sad to see someone so young die. She is now part of the 27 club.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:05 pm

Cari wrote:Gibbo - you can't compare her to George Best!! Seriously, I agree with you there. As I just said on another thread, although I don't agree with her lifestyle choices, I do think that she was totally overrated by the media and public. I think she was under a lot of pressure to follow up Back to Black with an album that was just as amazing if not better, and she just couldn't produce that. I think she was exploited by her father and her ex husband as well which didn't help matters.

So Cari dying from drink is more respectable than dying from drugs? Sorry pal, does not compute. And he even got a 2nd liver to play with. Its all about mindset... not drink & drugs.

Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison...

WHY not Celine Dion or Bryan phhookin Adams? Dull dull people and dull dull musak.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:10 pm

Gibbo,

You could quite easily detract from that, that the only good music and music people is derived from heavy drinking and drug use.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:13 pm

Gibbo maybe I should've explained it better or I misinterpreted what you said. I didn't mean in death, I meant in terms of their talent and influence on their respective cultures you can't compare the two, but you must've been speaking of their lifestyles.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:14 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Gibbo,

You could quite easily detract from that, that the only good music and music people is derived from heavy drinking and drug use.

Its true. All the best music in History, has emanated from people who experimented and pushed back the envelop.

You wont read that in the Daily Mirror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

Amy Winehouse certainly had some troubles, psychologically.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:18 pm

Thomond wrote:Rugby League,pfft. Do ye not realise the GAA is on?! Cork up 5 points and playing average. Happy days.

Got a great stream Thom. thumbsup

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

So ALL the best music was because people were on drugs?

Man I've been very naive.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:21 pm

MBTGOG wrote:So ALL the best music was because people were on drugs?

No Munsty!!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:24 pm

Regs, sorry if I come on too strong sometimes. But best be honest eh? Im NOT advocating drink OR drugs.They destroy life and cripple families. But, I'm just telling it like it is with regards to Modern Music.

Have a lovely evening you lovely people. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 769663
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:25 pm

Enjoy your RedWine Gibbo Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

Depends on the "modern" music you listen to really.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:27 pm

Gibbo "good music" is a subjective term and your claims are neither truth nor lies. They are just your opinion. It takes more than drugs to make music
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:33 pm

MBTGOG wrote:So ALL the best music was because people were on drugs?

Nope.

A lot of creativity is affected by the same parts of the brain affected by mood disorders like depression and bipolar disorder. People with mood disorders are much more likely to be creatively inclined than the rest of the population, also they are much likely to be prone to impulsive behaviours like drug taking and they tend to self-medicate with alcohol and other drugs.

Do all hedonistic rock stars have mood disorders? No. Did Amy Winehouse? Possibly.

Is everyone with a mood disorder creatively inclined? No, of course not. But the idea of a tortured artist is a real thing. And Amy Winehouse fits the bill entirely.

Lay off the guy; there's a real statistical correlation between rock stars, mental illness and drug taking. It's a documented fact.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:47 pm

Notch,

Would those statistical correlations be higher or lower in different genres of music?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:48 pm

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:53 pm

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

Willie Nelson takes drugs. He sings Country music.
He's my hero.
I already have consumed a bottle of Red wine. RedWine

Hello Regs. Sun has got to me I'm afraid.
RIP Amy Winehouse.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:02 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Notch,

Would those statistical correlations be higher or lower in different genres of music?

No, not really. Musicians, painters, writers.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:07 pm

So painters and writers are under the influence when they make their stuff. That's what I'm wondering. I don't doubt the mental stuff.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

Is Susan Boyle on drugs ? if not she should be.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

Oh, I see. I don't know really. How often do you read about their private lives?

I think drugs certainly can have a positive impact on creativity by the way- equally they can have an entirely negative effect.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:14 pm

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:26 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere that Amy Winehouse did have some sort of personality disorder, twas a while back mind and I can't remember where (so that's not helpful at all sorry).

It's sad news to hear though, regardless of who the person is, especially at that age, tis just so young Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:56 pm

Just seen myself on S4C clic. 5 hours for three minutes and £40.00!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:23 pm

From tragedy and experience comes a little Joy.

Amy's God daughter. I just cried when MrsG played this for me...

NO drugs involved. She's a child. She will have learnt from her Godmother. I hope and pray she does. And I hope she honours her talent - long into the future. But man does she sound like her - without the pain of hard experience. Beautiful. So beautiful. Dionne Bromfield... she kicks in at 03:00 or so.

Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n35ffD9H6pA

Lucky, I fear the monkey in BOTH our souls ;-) The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 2055835545

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:32 pm

I've heard her songs on the radio Gibbo. She seems to be a very naturally talented youngster - not like the manufactured X Factor types. Amy was on stage with her just last Wednesday night.

Glas - you get paid £40 for three minutes? Good going!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

Tumbleweed

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

Gibbo - Hug thumbsup
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:02 pm

Cari wrote:

Well, if you put it that way Yahoo

Amy Winehouse was a troubled genius in so many ways. Valerie is a classic pop song as is back to black. I'm sad, but not surprised and that makes me sadder. Sad

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:23 pm

Albeit a great rate, it's not the 40 quid in 3 minutes, it's what Glas does in that time. That's the differ. Just ask me missus.

Baaaaahhhh!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:24 pm

Glas a du wrote:
Cari wrote:

Well, if you put it that way Yahoo

Amy Winehouse was a troubled genius in so many ways. Valerie is a classic pop song as is back to black. I'm sad, but not surprised and that makes me sadder. Sad

Agree completely Glas, I am not surprised either but that in itself is very sad. All of us have a self destruct button somewhere but for some people that button seems to be much larger and closer to the surface than for others. Who knows what set of circumstances would make us, as individuals, press it. I sincerely hope I never find the answer to that.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:
Glas a du wrote:
Cari wrote:

Well, if you put it that way The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 479796

Agree completely Glas, I am not surprised either but that in itself is very sad. All of us have a self destruct button somewhere but for some people that button seems to be much larger and closer to the surface than for others. Who knows what set of circumstances would make us, as individuals, press it. I sincerely hope I never find the answer to that.

Swanny. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:11 am

I'm just after getting in from work. Was meant to be getting away at 8, didn't get away until 10.40 missed the last bus and had to walk the hour and a half trek back to my flat as my phone was dead to boot. One of those nights eh? Smile

Slaap lekker pub...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:49 am

I have no sympathy for Winehouse, nor will I buy into the RIP things people are writing. If people will do it for every celebrity, then fine. They don't. It's sad that somebody has lost their life, but come on, she had it coming for a while. She got warned about it loads. I am sick that people are dying everyday, but no mention and yet somebody like her chose her path and it warrants massive attention. RIP the poor Airman who died in Italy the other day maybe, or something like that is more deserved.

" Valerie is a classic pop song "

Valerie is a classic Zutons song at the end of the day.

Munster, Sam Tomkins is a genius isn't he. We watch him a lot obviously and we appreciate how good he is. One of those players who would make you stand up off your seat in either code.

Anyway, I guess somebody like me can't get away with saying things like that. But tell me, what's going to steal the headlines tomorrow? Norway? No. Airman being killed in an RTA in Italy? No. Amy Winehouse who has been flirting with death for ages, despite warning? Yes. All wrong for me.

Just actually watching the Wigan game. What a score by Tomkins. I knew he was good anyway, but now more of you will appreciate it. A real natural talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:53 am

63 tries in 86 games. Genius. Love how he's a villain too.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:01 am

What a start by Wigan. I know the final score, but still wow.

Other sports news is Derek Chisora the next guy in line to fight one of the Kiltschko's has lost tonight to Tyson Fury (another Brit). So maybe Haye might get a Klitschko, but now Fury is probably next in line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:03 am

Rev,
You are making the classic mistake of mixing medya up with reality, imo. Yeah, 83 people dying in Norwege is awful. Yeah, there are 1000s dying in Somalia and their "Govt" wont let aid in. Yeah the World we live in, is a phhoked up one. Always has been. Always will be. Otherwise you'd be out of a job. So would LDCPete and Glas. But singular instances should not disappear in the midst of it all. Despite the surrounding hype and expectancy we heap on individuals. If it was Gavin Henson(New Dragons centre?) .. how would you feel? He has been given more chances than her... And is probably more stupid. Yet still alive.

Just sayin...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:19 am

I don't care who it is Gibbo. Like I have said, it could be anybody else. I'll await for the next celebrity of note to die and see if there's the same outpouring of RIP on my news feed on Flipbook. I know there won't be. Your example of Henson is an awful one too, as despite his troubles he hasn't (to the best of my knowledge) been warned of his drug problems and how it was very predictable that he would be dead early. I don't like reading about anybody dying, but I wouldn't make a point of picking and choosing my RIP status updates etc like people are.

Off the top of my head. Peter Falk was a famous guy to die recently. A brilliant actor and yet all I saw was a few RIP's. I'm not mixing anything up with reality. Amy Winehouse's story might be a tragic one, but it seems to me like all of a sudden people care. If people were such Winehouse fans, then how come I don't see it mentioned previously? No posts like please Amy sort yourself out when she was reported to be struggling was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:36 am

Great riposte. But the wasted career-analogy still stands. He's far too straight to venture beyond beer. Ale

Yeah, FB, Twit-er and the internet generally - will go mad tonight and tomorrow on it. People are sheep. And the medya will feed that always. Annoys me too.

Nite man. X. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next