The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

come on crolla we need you to win

3 posters

Go down

come on crolla we need you to win Empty come on crolla we need you to win

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

eric morales will face off against anthony crolla on the undercard of the mayweather/ortiz fight. we all no morales is not even half the fighter he once was, as seen in his last few fights. he came up against maidana in a fight a lot of people wrote him off in. he put up a valient display, but lost out in the end. the big question is how much does he have left? crolla is improving all the time, and knows a win over morales will be a massive boost for his career.

the big implictions with this fight is that should he win the it is likely he win step into a ring with amir khan on 10th decemeber, which will be a total mismatch. however as stated by GBP at last nights fight, if morales loses then that fight wont be likely to happen, hopefully it will be bradley instead, given that all contractual agreements can be sorted out.

so in short a true unifaction bout could be on a relativiley unknown domestic fighters shoulders and his ability to get past an ageing legend. does anyone think crolla can win? i think he can and expect a UD crolla, who will look to keep the pace high and outwork morales.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

come on crolla we need you to win Empty Re: come on crolla we need you to win

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm

PLEASE so Khan doesn't have a farcical fight with Morales!! He needs to use that extra bit of speed and stay aggressive but at longish range and keep a FAST pace Morales will not be able to operate at a fast pace!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:10 pm

hopefully if crolla defeats morales gbp will have no choice but go for bradley. i really hope they dont go for crolla if he wins. that would be a total mismatch.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:15 pm

To be honest it's more like Bradley doesn't want to fight Khan than the other way around the guy has broken his contract to even fight him and as it's a massive unification fight between the two best in the division it doesn't really make too much sense, thus leading me to believe he is scared he will get beat.
Also I wouldn't mind seeing Khan fight Guerrero imagining he beats Maidana...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

if morales loses and bradley doesnt fight khan (which i have to admit it does look more and more like bradley doesnt wanna know) then i think he will move up to 147, maybe fighting ortiz is he loses to mayweather (which i expect him to do).

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

Yeah, what I'd liek to see in a perfect world for Khan would be maybe take Guerrero next and then Bradley and then move up and take Berto who would most probably be IBF Champion at the time if Berto wins his next fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

guerrero would be an entertaining fight, but its high risk and little reward. think that would be a good option if he loses when he steps up and needs to come back down.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

Guerrero would beat Khan imo IF he doesn't lose his speed at LWW, his jab is beautiful, he is a top class boxer, a better boxer than Khan for my money, and isn't as easy to hit, i bet he handles Maidana with ease compared to Khan as well. Morales, Maidana, Guerrero have been mentioned, it's the Morales name that worries me, and that will be targeted imo, Khan, Roach love a shot handpick, Barrera, Judah.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

Yeah I would cringe if I see Khan in the ring with Morales I think Morales will be clever and say no... But you never know he might want one last big payday, he has next to no chance though imo...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Yeah I would cringe if I see Khan in the ring with Morales I think Morales will be clever and say no... But you never know he might want one last big payday, he has next to no chance though imo...
He got in with a murderous puncher in Maidana who hits miles harder than Khan, i think he'd take the fight and some plonker would pay £15 for it which is even funnier, and Duke McKenzie could say 'this is a genuine 50/50 pick em' vomit

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

Maidana hits harder than Khan but that doesn't mean too much, he couldn't land too cleanly because he has no technique and was probably a beter bet considering how Khan woudl run rings around him using the speed and actually has a jab unlike Maidanas wild swinging hooks which is easier to defend against and counter. Think he actually fancied his chances agaisnt Maidana to be honest looking at the press conferences and the things he said. I remember him saying somethign along the liens of "Am I the only one in the room that thinks I can win?"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

morales name still sells, probably better than khan in the US to be honest. he doesnt need to get in the ring with a young fast fighter like khan, he could get a last payday in a much easier fight, barrera morales was mentioned recently, that would be a much more dignified (if you can be that when you fight 5 years past the end of your prime) final fight. probably earn more as well.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:45 pm

Think that it would sell and hoepfully raise them enoguh money to leave the sport for good, think it could be a good fight but it's not somethign I would pay for.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down