The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khans record v Hattons record

+23
JDandfries
Scottrf
Rowley
coxy0001
Atila
paperbag_puncher
NoMasDinero
Lumbering_Jack
J.Benson II
WelshDevilRob
Imperial Ghosty
captain carrantuohil
zx1234
KO-KING
Bob
BALTIMORA
AlexHuckerby
eddyfightfan
Day V Lately
88Chris05
Jimmy Moz
Jukebox Timebomb
Steffan
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khans record v Hattons record - Page 2 Empty Khans record v Hattons record

Post by Steffan Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Amir Khans last 10 victories

Zab Judah
Paul McCloskey
Marcos Maidana
Paulie Malignaggi
Dmitry Salita
Andreas Kotelnik
Marco Antonio Barrera
Oisin Fagan
Michael Gomez
Martin Kristjansen

Ricky Hattons last 10 victories

Paulie Malignaggi
Juan Lazcano
José Luis Castillo
Juan Urango
Luis Collazo
Carlos Maussa
Kostya Tszyu
Ray Oliveira
Michael Stewart
Carlos Vilchés

Whos record is the best?

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Khans record v Hattons record - Page 2 Empty Re: Khans record v Hattons record

Post by OasisBFC Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 am

the impressive thing about khan is that he;s not yet at his best - and has the frame to go up the weights. hatton never had this luxury - he was too small for welter weight.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:52 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:What? Of course it was a risk fighting the 2 best fighters of his generation. Manny nearly decapitated him and i'm sure those 2 losses combined with his lifestyle shortened his career. He was so popular he could have gotten a decent pay day no matter who he fought. From listening to Hatton seems like he genuinely wanted to test himself against the best, and in an era where boxers are happy to hide away at home making meaningless defences of titles that were handed to them he deserves much credit.

Perhaps he should have fought Witter but to say he has no balls after he gets in the ring with people vastly superior to him is nonsense.
Sorry guys I didn't mean to start another Hatton V Witter debate. I was just using Witter as an example. Witter was a high risk low reward type of opponent. If Hatton had fought Witter and lost, it would have affected Hatton's earning potential, that's why I think Witter was avoided. Losing to Mayweather in a massive fight in the U.S. did not affect Hatton's finances. Sure, I know he would have made more money if he'd have beaten Mayweather but for what he was being paid, it was well worth the risk. After losing to Mayweather, Hatton made all the excuses about the referee and how Mayweather should perhaps come down in weight to be closer to 140lbs, which his fans bought into. Then he had his fight "for the fans" against Lazcano, dropped his trainer and started to be trained by Floyd Sr. Fought Malignaggi and then went into a fight against a fighter who at the time, was considered the smaller man. The fact that he was "nearly decapitated" doesn't make Hatton a braver fighter. I picked Pacquiao to win but Pacquiao wasn't seen as devasting puncher going into their fight, it was his first fight at 140lbs after only one fight at 135lbs. Again, I don't see why Hatton should get lauded for running in there with his head held up and getting flattened by Pacquiao. He made it easy for Pacquiao that night.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:50 pm

little to choose between hatton and khan on those 10 fights.

As for ducking witter? Well if he didn't, nobody has ever ducked anybody. I'm sure Hatton would have taken the fight, but he was too well managed to risk it, and junior being, well junior, behaved in a manner that fed ricky excuses. But boy did he use them... not good enough, not a big enough name, not a belt holder, and his final one, when those were out of date 'don't want to give him a payday'. I'm sure he didn't, doesn't stop it being a duck though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:17 pm

the kostya fight surpases majority of khans wins on its own, khan hasnt got a win like that on his record. for every barrera theres castillo (not everyone was conviced castillo was past it untill after the fight, everone knew barrera was), would argue that maidana isnt much different than urango both big hitting fighters with little technique.

hattons still, like others have said bradleys would certainly push it closer

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2