The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timothy Bradley

+7
no-mas
OasisBFC
BALTIMORA
eddyfightfan
Daz
Scottrf
d260005p
11 posters

Go down

Timothy Bradley Empty Timothy Bradley

Post by d260005p Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:16 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-forget-khan-i-want-pacquiao-mayweather--41938

Have a look at this guys and discuss.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Timothy Bradley Empty Re: Timothy Bradley

Post by Scottrf Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 am

Timothy who?

Thinks he can not fight again and jump in with Mayweather or Pacquiao? Deluded.

Forget who is the more proven, Khan is a more attractive proposition to either, much more commercially viable.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:20 am

Deluded. At least he is well fed though.

Staying out of the ring for so long wont hurt his huge fanbase though. Hang on...

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 am

he would likely earn more from a 50/50 split with khan than whatever percentage either of those 2 will over him. at first i bought the one more challenger on his HBO deal then khan, but now i firmly believe bradley knows it would be the death of his career.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:31 am

Its frustrating because i watched a video of him on you tube the other day calling out Khan at the end of May i think, saying he was coming for Khan and he was next etc etc And i thought that after Judah, Bradley would want the challenge of unifying the division. But obviously this is not the case. I think he is good but not as good as he thinks.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 am

Seems like neither Khan or Bradley is making much noise about fighting the other.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:53 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Seems like neither Khan or Bradley is making much noise about fighting the other.

khan was making plenty of noise about this match up - offering him 50/50 and then saying he was scared because he wouldn't agree to fight. bradley stayed quiet on this front.

he he can pull off a manny / floyd fight - khan wouldnt figure in his plans.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:54 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Seems like neither Khan or Bradley is making much noise about fighting the other.

Apart from Khan calling Bradley out in almost every interview he has had (since Maidana) - and Bradley calling him out on youtube in May.

Last edited by Dazstarr on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 am

To be fair, if i was Khan i wouldnt make noise. He already offered him a 50-50 split with regards to the UK PPV revenue.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:03 am

d260005p wrote:

To be fair, if i was Khan i wouldnt make noise. He already offered him a 50-50 split with regards to the UK PPV revenue.

I think everyone is being harsh on Bradley here, he is currently in a court room dispute with Gary Shaw at the moment so you can understand him not being very vocal at the moment and i believe the dispute with Gary shaw is over the Khan bout, when Bradley refused the fight Shaw said this was breach of contract, think of it this way, Bradly is guarenteed a certain amout next whoever he fights and Shaw as promoter gets a % of that, why get a big payday lose a % to someone you are planning on dropping then have no big fights to look for in the future, doesnt make financial sense, think about it

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:05 am

alma wrote:
d260005p wrote:

Not a lot of point right now as Khan isn't fighting again til December and Bradley next year

Bradley has been quoted saying:
"As far as my promotional thing and what’s going on when I’m gonna get back in the ring, I’m looking for maybe in September, November,” Bradley said. “I’m not sure who yet. Right now my main focus is getting past this litigation with my two promoters Gary Shaw and Thompson Boxing Promotions. Then I’m ready to get back in the ring as soon as possible.”

source - http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-palm-springs/tim-bradley-promoter-speaks-out

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:06 am

Dazstarr wrote:

Apart from Khan calling Bradley out in almost every interview he has had (since Maidana) - and Bradley calling him out on youtube in May.

Khan's been talking of facing Morales and Mayweather, but he's gone quiet on Bradley.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:13 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

Khan's been talking of facing Morales and Mayweather, but he's gone quiet on Bradley.

Only after Bradley refused the fight. He still mentions that Bradley didnt want any part of him in pretty much every interview he has. There is nothing more Khan can do in making this fight happen - team Bradders unfortunately refused a great offer.

Khan also seems to have dropped Morales as an option (thankfully) and on the Road to Vegas programmes on Primetime - mentions moving up to 147 immediately to face the likes of Mayweather, Ortiz and Berto.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:26 am

Be a tough fight facing one of those. I think he would beat Ortiz/Berto but it wont be an easy night, not a chance with Mayweather, maybe in a few years. I just hope him and Bradley fight. They have a lot of respect for each other, but the way this is going ie the poor negotiations and bad blood being spit everywhere, IF they were to get it on at the end of the year in a massive unification fight then it would be a good tear up

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:29 am

Would be a true shame is this fight never happened.

Very rarely is a division fully unified by one fighter, especially a talented division and you have 2 guys who hold all the belts and one fighter who is a free agent so no promotional concerns and yet not fight!

People calling out PBF and Pac is just a way to shine light away from who they really should be fighting.

If Bradley has his last contracted fight with HBO, gets his money and doesn't call out Khan then Bradley should be ashamed.

Khan IMO done all he could to get Bradley but to no avail, but should still try after both their next fights IMO before moving up.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 am

They should have the unification fight then both move up and see how they get on. You never know, they could move up and be good at the weight, win some titles then fight at 147lbs to unify lol That would be good. Bradley against Berto, Khan vs Mayweather. Some good fights out there

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:55 am

I'm frankly surprised and disappointed that neither Khan nor Bradley seem keen on each other. The winner could boast having swept up the division effectively and can then safely move up to 147lbs. There's also the possibility of actually being able to call the winner 'World Champion' by past and present standards as it would be for all four titles I'm guessing...how often do we have the chance to get that!!

Another mega-fight likely to go down the drain due to lack of gut and overdose of BS

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:58 am

Knowsit17 wrote:I'm frankly surprised and disappointed that neither Khan nor Bradley seem keen on each other. The winner could boast having swept up the division effectively and can then safely move up to 147lbs. There's also the possibility of actually being able to call the winner 'World Champion' by past and present standards as it would be for all four titles I'm guessing...how often do we have the chance to get that!!

Another mega-fight likely to go down the drain due to lack of gut and overdose of BS

Where have you got the impression that Khan doesnt want Bradley? He mentions Bradley all the time - whilst Bradley has stated publicly (on the above link) that he isnt bothered about Khan. Khan has only discussed fights at 147 as Bradley turned down the unification fight.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:03 am

for me they should both be gagging for this fight, as mayweather, pac man, berto, ortiz, mosley and kell brook all at 147 is a very tough division and either of there chances of unifying that division are VERY minimal.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:04 am

Knowsit17 wrote:I'm frankly surprised and disappointed that neither Khan nor Bradley seem keen on each other. The winner could boast having swept up the division effectively and can then safely move up to 147lbs. There's also the possibility of actually being able to call the winner 'World Champion' by past and present standards as it would be for all four titles I'm guessing...how often do we have the chance to get that!!

Possibly not. See where things stand in 6 months. Once Bradley is bought out of his contract - things may be very very different.

I am unsold on Shaw as a promoter - he seems to have messed up a fair few times - and his failure to have better relations and ensure better publicity for a fighter like Bradley says a great deal. Arum would have been better for his career.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:05 am

Kell Brook?

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:09 am

emancipator wrote:Kell Brook?

Shocked

Haha! I thought that - maybe in a couple of years. Certainly not yet.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:35 am

Unfortunately for Bradley he would have to beat Khan to stand a chance of getting either Mayweather or Pacquiao, he doesn't offer either of them anything while Khan could prove a good money fight for Mayweather who is highly thought of in America.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Unfortunately for Bradley he would have to beat Khan to stand a chance of getting either Mayweather or Pacquiao, he doesn't offer either of them anything while Khan could prove a good money fight for Mayweather who is highly thought of in America.

The sooner he realises this the better. Hope he gets his legal troubles put behind him sharpish and gets the unification on.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down