The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley

+20
cave_man_KO
The Galveston Giant
PPVxHOTTY
azania
Bob
Super D Boon
DaveVDK
manos de piedra
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
88Chris05
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
supremeskills
hogey
ShahenshahG
bellchees
Fists of Fury
AlexHuckerby
Waingro
Steffan
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poll

Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Vote_lcap33%Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 15 ]
Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Vote_lcap2%Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Vote_lcap41%Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 19 ]
Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Vote_lcap24%Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 46

Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Empty Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Dec 2011, 3:52 pm

Who wins this and how?

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley Empty Re: Amir Khan v Timothy Bradley

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Dec 2011, 3:55 pm

Bradley would win this on points mate but I dont think it will happen now Khan has lost his titles to a guy Bradley schooled I would not give him much chance against Bradley who will just bully him for the whole fight.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

I still think this fight could happen but agree Bradley takes it on points unless Khan can seriously change his game plan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:00 pm

Khan for me, think he massively underestimated Peterson and didn't know what tactics Peterson would employ and took him by suprise, think he would be fully focused and have a clear gameplan, something that didn't seem apparent against Peterson.

I feel Khan takes this on a UD, but can understand why some will feel after the Peterson fight more would be backing Bradley.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:00 pm

Not much point in asking this question right now.

Most people said Khan beforehand, but we all know how us boxing fans are swayed in the aftermath of one shock result.

Let the dust settle a bit...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

Funny isn't it Fists, was just typing the same thing, one result and someone plummets down in there estimation massively.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:04 pm

We've seen it happen too many times, Al.

Pacquiao was never any good, neither was Haye, and now Khan is a no hoper hype job. You know how it goes...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:06 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Funny isn't it Fists, was just typing the same thing, one result and someone plummets down in there estimation massively.

You are right look at Haye he loses one fight nobody will give him a chance to beat Vitali but tbh Khan has been overrated alot and he lost to a guy that Bradley schooled so I cant see him beating Bradley. Haye lost to the number 1 heavyweight nowhere near as bad this guy Peterson was not the number 1 he was barely in the top 5/6 imo so it shows that Khan is overrated.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:07 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Not much point in asking this question right now.

Most people said Khan beforehand, but we all know how us boxing fans are swayed in the aftermath of one shock result.

Let the dust settle a bit...

I actually deliberately set the question for same day after the fight just to see what the polls would be Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:10 pm

Khan is a world level fighter approaching elite level in terms of skill, but hasn't quite got the world level mentality just yet and not sure if he ever will to be honest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:18 pm

I think it is more the fact that Peterson beat him by employing the same tactics that Bradley would use only Bradley is better at it. Worrying thing for Khan is that all the vulnerabilities that were clear against Maidana are still there.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:22 pm

Khan wins a tightish UD - Bradley has neither the punch output nor the power to do what peterson did. Sublime inside fighter yes - and if as I suspect Khan wins the rematch - it may work out better for him by giving him a serious idea of how to deal with this type of Fighter.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

Bradley does everything that Khan struggled with against Maidana and Peterson very well, i can see a clear points victory or late stoppage for Bradley. Khan for me has great handspeed and decent stamina but in other departments i think he is average and will always struggle against fighters who are good on the inside.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:54 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:We've seen it happen too many times, Al.

Pacquiao was never any good, neither was Haye, and now Khan is a no hoper hype job. You know how it goes...

manny is overatted,so is khan.they both do some things great,but other things amatuer.and they both cant swith it up in the ring.they fight the same way the whole time.which means against certain styles they will always be exposed.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:01 pm

Shah makes a very good point, in many ways Peterson is stylistically a far more difficult fight for Khan than Bradley would be. He's more relentless, a bigger punch and has the reach to overcome Khans jab.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:09 pm

I do not think Bradley will fight Khan he has no titles now and lost to Peterson who Bradley schooled. Imo Bradley will fight Pacquiao next what is the pont of him fighting Khan now??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:11 pm

You do realise that just because Bradley beat Peterson who beat Khan that it doesn't mean that Bradley would definitely beat Khan don't you?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:18 pm

You're being rather optimistic Ghosty, of course that's the way he thinks.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:19 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:You're being rather optimistic Ghosty, of course that's the way he thinks.

Now who's being optimistic?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:19 pm

I think Bradley would beat Khan he is far too strong for him and would just bully him. Khan is overrated and his last fight showed he is not as good as many people thought some said he could beat Mayweather. I hope Khan will beat Bradley if they fight but tbh its not going to happen Bradley said all along Khan was overrated and now Khan has not titles so Bradley will have no interest I think he will want to get a big fight against Pacquiao who will probably destroy him.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:21 pm

Ha, very true windy.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:22 pm

Not sure that losing to Peterson really impacts on how a potential fight with Mayweather would go however absurd that may sound. It would be fought on completely different terms and if anything Mayweather is less likely to exploit Khans apparent weaknesses than a Maidana or Peterson would. As for Bradley I still feel Khan has the beating of him as he would of Peterson in a rematch.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:28 pm

Waingro wrote:Bradley said all along Khan was overrated.

Shame he didn't take the fight when it was offered to him so that he could prove it then, eh?

Nothing's changed for me, regardless of the result last night. Khan outscores Bradley. I think Peterson fought the best fight of his career last night, whereas Khan fought his worst since stepping up to world level. I was surprised at how Khan was roughed up and bullied at times by a man who isn't exactly known for his inside game, but if Khan boxes at distance than I don't think Bradley would have a prayer.

Can't help but feel that Khan perhaps took his eye of the ball here. Take nothing away from Peterson, mind you. I - and I imagine most others - would still have backed even a slightly complacent Khan to beat him handsomely.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:32 pm

Floyd would expose other weakness that Khan has in truth, but it is true that Bradley would fight in a similar type of way that Peterson did, still feel that this result is a bit of a freak and that Bradley wouldn't be able to employ the tactics quite the same way that Peterson did.

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:33 pm

Think that now he's lost he can stop thinking about Mayweather and actually get on with clearing out the division, can't imagine he'd move up with so much unfinished business.

With Rios, Soto, Alexander, Guerrero, Peterson, Bradley, Morales, Maidana and Matthyse in the division there's still plenty of options for Khan at 140lbs, a fairly talent stacked division now.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:34 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Floyd would expose other weakness that Khan has in truth, but it is true that Bradley would fight in a similar type of way that Peterson did, still feel that this result is a bit of a freak and that Bradley wouldn't be able to employ the tactics quite the same way that Peterson did.

Not sure what weaknesses Floyd could expose in truth, he's not going to maraude forward like Maidana or Peterson and fighting at range against Khan is not the thing someone wants to do even if they are as good as Mayweather.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

Alexander and Morales should be moving up, probably same with Bradley, Morales is a pointless fight in my opinion, however it may be an easy way back into a belt. Soto isn't that great in my opinion, Rios may be viewed as a bit of a risk but would still expect Khan to outbox him, Matthyse versus Rios would be better in my opinion, Guerrero is a possibility too.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:36 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Floyd would expose other weakness that Khan has in truth, but it is true that Bradley would fight in a similar type of way that Peterson did, still feel that this result is a bit of a freak and that Bradley wouldn't be able to employ the tactics quite the same way that Peterson did.

Not sure what weaknesses Floyd could expose in truth, he's not going to maraude forward like Maidana or Peterson and fighting at range against Khan is not the thing someone wants to do even if they are as good as Mayweather.

Wild punching, wide open to counters. Not too difficult to get him out of his gameplan.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:38 pm

With his handspeed and reach not sure how easy he actually is to counter punch, he can stay out of range with his jab and negate any such problem. If you maraude forward you can take him out of his gameplan but Mayweather simply wouldn't do that.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:42 pm

Not for me, Khan isn't that hard to be countered and feel that with all combination punchers, don't think he would be able to set the punches up against Floyd as Floyd isn't daft enough to fall into simple traps.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:45 pm

All seems to boil down to Mayweather being too clever but how does he overcome Khans jab which lets remember is world class? Combination punchers are easy to counter if you have a speed or reach advantage, Mayweather has neither in great abundance.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:48 pm

Think he has a tiny speed advantage and the tiniest of reach advantages on Amir (Which is ridiculous considering he started out at SFW...) but if he negates that jab, then it's a tad easy for Floyd, personally I can't see a jab winning Amir 7 rounds...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:55 pm

Khan is not in Mayweathers class he neve was this is why he is overrated Mayweather would school him. Far too much skill for Khan he could also bully him like he did against Mosely.

People make up every excuse for Khan losing this fight to an aveage fighter but someone like Haye or Hatton lose to the best and all they get is criticism I dont understand it??

Khan is a good fighter who has speed and skill but he cannot fight on the inside and gets bullied. I think he could win a rematch if it was in a neutral venue but Peterson will probably not give him a rematch why should he? He will probably want to fight Bradley instead who beat him before I guess he will be looking for revenge. He could also fight Morales for his belt who is washed up now but lets be honest he would probably fancy taking on Peterson who is not that good and Peterson would want to fight Morlaes for the other title and a payday.

One thing is for sure Khan needs to stop thinking about Mayweather if he cant beat Peterson he has no chance against Mayweather.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:56 pm

floyd can control the ring like no-one at the moment in boxing. Floyd has reach advantage and has the timing to negate khan's attacks. Khan was sizzling in the first few rounds but slowed and floyd would take over by the mid rounds, floyd will catch him when he bundles in. Khan loses balance a lot of the time when he throws combo's or starts leaping and floyd may get a couple of flash knockdowns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:00 pm

Peterson should in reality give Khan a rematch because he got a contentious decision following some contentious refereeing in his home town, not as though he proved beyond doubt he was the better man. Love how your thinking boils down to he lost to Peterson so loses to Mayweather, really doesn't work like that as they are two completely different fighters.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:07 pm

Peterson is not in Mayweathers class tbh they are not even close. Mayweather is the best fighter in the world and one of the best fighters of all time Peterson is nowhere near that the guy got schooled by Bradley who would lose to Mayweather he also drew with Ortiz who Mayweather beat. Khan did not give Maidana a rematch in that close fight so why should Peterson? Dont get me wrong I would like to see Khan in a rematch the fight was very good but if Peterson does not give him one that is his choice. But I think Khan needs to stop with the excuses and realise he is not in Mayweathers class he should focus on a rematch with Peterson but I think he will fight a washed up Morales.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:09 pm

Not really heard of styles makes fights then Waingro. I think you need to grow up IMO.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:12 pm

Waingro, your reasoning is utter garbage. Styles make fights and fighter a beating fighter b who then beats fighter c doesn't necessarily mean that fighter a is sure to beat fighter c.

Then again, I didn't expect anything else.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:13 pm

Play nicely please gentleman

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

Styles may make fights but I find it difficult to ignore this loss which I think should surely raise bigger doubts over Khans chances of beating either Bradley or Mayweather. Peterson beat Khan using tactics that are employed fairly regularly by Bradley, who is more adept and accustomed to them.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:26 pm

I actually think Peterson may give Khan a rematch judging by the way he was speaking after the fight he seemed up for it, smiling when he said "I'd love to do it again" Seems a real good kid does Lamont.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

Khans inabilty to fight on the inside costs him dearly imo.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:31 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I actually think Peterson may give Khan a rematch judging by the way he was speaking after the fight he seemed up for it, smiling when he said "I'd love to do it again" Seems a real good kid does Lamont.

Possibly he would but fighters say anything like that in the heat of the moment and in the cold light of day sitting down with his promoters and management team they may well see it as an unneccessary risk - considering possible unification fights with Morales and Bradley or even just a soft defence or two to settle in as champion. Im sure he would like to avenge his only loss to Bradley in a fight that would determine the man in the division and Morales is a nice payday thats very winnable these days.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:41 pm

To be honest I think Khan was kinda found out in this fight as having no way of dealing with strong pressure fighters. He has no inside game and just ties up his opponents and pushes them off when they get on the inside. He always does this only this time the ref was having none of it. Given that Bradley is a good pressure fighter and good on the inside I see Khan struggling in similar circumstances. Bradley doesn't have the power to stop Khan so that's why I'm going for a Bradley UD.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:47 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Waingro wrote:Bradley said all along Khan was overrated.

Shame he didn't take the fight when it was offered to him so that he could prove it then, eh?

Nothing's changed for me, regardless of the result last night. Khan outscores Bradley. I think Peterson fought the best fight of his career last night, whereas Khan fought his worst since stepping up to world level. I was surprised at how Khan was roughed up and bullied at times by a man who isn't exactly known for his inside game, but if Khan boxes at distance than I don't think Bradley would have a prayer.

Can't help but feel that Khan perhaps took his eye of the ball here. Take nothing away from Peterson, mind you. I - and I imagine most others - would still have backed even a slightly complacent Khan to beat him handsomely.

What I saw Khan tried to employ boxing at distance but Petersen was too relentless and too strong, Khan was running away half the fight. He really does need to develop an uppercut and the ability to fight at close quarters.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:04 pm

This does make me wonder a bit more about a Khan/Hatton fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:47 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:This does make me wonder a bit more about a Khan/Hatton fight.

Ive always felt Hatton had the beating of Khan andd has the worst possible style for him. The closest thing there is to go on is the Maidana fight, but i think Hatton at his best was superior in many ways to Maidana and did most of what Maidana did quicker and more effectively. The Peterson fight has only really reinforced the doubts I had about can as oppose to remove them. He just seems to have some pretty big weaknesses and crucially cant seem to protect them.

Obviously Khan can still improve but I just get the feeling hes always going to struggle against swarmers and the fact Peterson isnt necessarily even a natural pressure fighter yet was able to adjust and bully Khan in large parts means I think Hatton really smothers him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:55 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:This does make me wonder a bit more about a Khan/Hatton fight.

Yea, hatton is a superior fighter to both maidana and peterson on the inside where khan stuggles. Hatton only lost at 140lbs once to pacquiao and khan doesn't hit nearly as hard. Hatton would cut off the ring and attack the body ruthlessly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:34 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Styles may make fights but I find it difficult to ignore this loss which I think should surely raise bigger doubts over Khans chances of beating either Bradley or Mayweather. Peterson beat Khan using tactics that are employed fairly regularly by Bradley, who is more adept and accustomed to them.

Are you referring to head-butting?

I still have Khan beating Bradley because Bradley doesn't like fighting someone who boxes behind a jab (like Holt)

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

Bob wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Styles may make fights but I find it difficult to ignore this loss which I think should surely raise bigger doubts over Khans chances of beating either Bradley or Mayweather. Peterson beat Khan using tactics that are employed fairly regularly by Bradley, who is more adept and accustomed to them.

Are you referring to head-butting?

I still have Khan beating Bradley because Bradley doesn't like fighting someone who boxes behind a jab (like Holt)

What Im saying is the loss to Peterson, in my view, should really make one less confident in Khans ability to beat Bradley. There appeared to be some suggestion that based on a styles makes fight sort of basis that Khan losing to Peterson has little or no relevance to his chances of beating Bradley but I have to say I would be less confident in Khan after seeing the Peterson fight. Certainly I rate Bradleys chances as better than I did before the Peterson fight anyway.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next