The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan

+11
Rowley
Daz
Scottrf
manos de piedra
Lumbering_Jack
Liam_Main
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
azania
hitmansam
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amir Khan  Empty Amir Khan

Post by hitmansam Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:44 pm

Three quick points:

(1) I still find it hard to warm to the guy, hardly classy after the fight. He accuses McCloskey of quitting and then mocks the European level.

(2) He struggled to land clean, effective punches on McCloskey. Khan's performance didn't compare to say what Barerra was able to do to Naseem Hamed in terms of precision punching against an unorthodox fighter.

(3) The majority of Khan's fans aren't real boxing fans.

All in all, a poor undercard and a poor main event.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan  Empty Re: Amir Khan

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 12:20 am

Cant really argue with point 2. Point 1 I'll leave for now because it seems with khan, whatever he says someone will find fault.

But what on earth do you base point 3 on? Do you have any emiricial evidence or is it just your opinion hoping it to be true?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 12:58 am

Can't argue with points 1 and 2. Point 3 is stupid all the top fighters have a big fanbase from outside the hardcore boxing fans. It's called appealing to the wider public and it's how you make big money.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:51 pm

You think all Manny's fans are the hardcore boxing fans that go on forums and debate all day....?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan  Empty Here's why I can't stand Khan

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDfUaXUDx4

The classless behavior of Khan is disgusting in the post-fight press conference following his "win" over McCloskey.

Last edited by hitmansam on Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:29 pm

What did he say that was wrong. Everything he said was correct.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:34 pm

I find his cocky attitude disgusting. And as a matter of fact, everything he said wasn't "correct" - he said McCloskey quit - is that correct? He said everyone who he's beat is better than McCloskey - is that correct? I can't wait to see Khan destroyed again.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:36 pm

What khan said was more or less right. He's clearly got an attitude about him after the way Sky ditched the PPV and the crowd reacted to the poor fight.

His problem is the losers, sycophants, chavs, "yes" men and clowns he surrounds himself with. They were jeering everything McCloskeys side had to say like hooligans at a football match. They've cost khan in the long term with their poor business relations with Sky this week. Look at the trouble they caused at the Malignaagi weigh in too. His entire outfit is amateurish.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:37 pm

hitmansam wrote:I find his cocky attitude disgusting. And as a matter of fact, everything he said wasn't "correct" - he said McCloskey quit - is that correct? He said everyone who he's beat is better than McCloskey - is that correct? I can't wait to see Khan destroyed again.

PM did quit. Look at the stoppage again. You saw him shaking his head indicating that he didn't want to continue. Then the excuses came after.

Khan haters will find every reason to hate him. As I said earlier. If he walks on water he will be accused of not being able to swim.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:38 pm

Team Khan as they are called no very little about the sport and come over very poorly. Ditching the biggest broadcaster in the country. What if it goes wrong in the States and he loses to Bradley?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:40 pm

@Sugar Boy Sweetie

I think thats about it, couple with a few hecklers at the press conference its gonna be tough to remain calm. Noticed a few at ringside with jackets baring 'Khans Crew', made me cringe a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:43 pm

Listen, had Khan shown some class I would be happy to get behind him. He's a cocky so & so and his behavior after the fight was disgusting. Let's not get carried away, he was lucky to have not been stopped in the 10th against Maidana. Had that fight been in England, the ref would have waved it off - Manfredo style.

I hope Bradley puts Khan to sleep.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:45 pm

I agree with Azania most of the things he said was true apart from him saying Mccloskey quit."let the champion speak" classic.To be fair Mccloskey wouldn't beat Maidana,maybe beat a out of prime Malignaggi not sure about Kotelnik and Salita but certainly wouldn't beat Khan in a rematch Khan was conditioned as he said and would of knocked him out in two more rounds.Mccloskey should fight someone with more world level experience before fighting for another World title needs to throw more punches and not leave his chin out so much.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:49 pm

Khan is a vile human being.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:51 pm

Everyone he has beat is better than McCloskey?
Oisin Fagan, Michael Gomez, Martin Kristjansen, Gairy St Clair. Graham Earl, Scott Lawton, Willie Limond. Stefy Bull, Mohammed Medjadji, Rachid Drilzane, Ryan Barrett, Jackson Williams, Vitali Martynau, Daniel Thorpe, Steve Gethin, Baz Carey.
These guys aren't better than McCloskey so that was wrong.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:51 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Khan is a vile human being.
thumbsup
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:54 pm

hitmansam wrote:Listen, had Khan shown some class I would be happy to get behind him. He's a cocky so & so and his behavior after the fight was disgusting. Let's not get carried away, he was lucky to have not been stopped in the 10th against Maidana. Had that fight been in England, the ref would have waved it off - Manfredo style.

He wasn't lucky against Maidana.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:54 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:Everyone he has beat is better than McCloskey?
Oisin Fagan, Michael Gomez, Martin Kristjansen, Gairy St Clair. Graham Earl, Scott Lawton, Willie Limond. Stefy Bull, Mohammed Medjadji, Rachid Drilzane, Ryan Barrett, Jackson Williams, Vitali Martynau, Daniel Thorpe, Steve Gethin, Baz Carey.

You know what he was on about pb haha
do you reckon salita would beat mccloskey?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:56 pm

azania wrote:
hitmansam wrote:Listen, had Khan shown some class I would be happy to get behind him. He's a cocky so & so and his behavior after the fight was disgusting. Let's not get carried away, he was lucky to have not been stopped in the 10th against Maidana. Had that fight been in England, the ref would have waved it off - Manfredo style.

If he was getting hit went down got back up and got hit more it would of been stopped but the fact he stayed up signified to the ref he was alright.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:57 pm

liam_main4 wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:Everyone he has beat is better than McCloskey?

You know what he was on about pb haha
do you reckon salita would beat mccloskey?

Don't know not seen enough of Salita just a couple of fights. From what I've seen I would put my money on McCloskey.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:58 pm

liam_main4 wrote:
azania wrote:

If he was getting hit went down got back up and got hit more it would of been stopped but the fact he stayed up signified to the ref he was alright.

And fighting back.

I always find Khan haters somewhat irrational.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:59 pm

Khan wasn't lucky against Maidana? Had that fight been in the UK, it would have been stopped Manfredo style! Khan was out on his feet for the entire round and he was very lucky to be allowed to continue. We will see in time! He's talking about fighting Pacquiao, Mayweather and Cotto! Can you see him standing upright after Pacquiao lands his killer left or Cotto lands a clean left hook to his head. This is guy is delusional. The sooner he's knocked out by Bradley - the better!

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:00 pm

azania wrote:
liam_main4 wrote:
azania wrote:

And fighting back.

I always find Khan haters somewhat irrational.

Fights are stopped too early now a days its ridiculous.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:02 pm

hitmansam wrote:Khan wasn't lucky against Maidana? Had that fight been in the UK, it would have been stopped Manfredo style! Khan was out on his feet for the entire round and he was very lucky to be allowed to continue. We will see in time! He's talking about fighting Pacquiao, Mayweather and Cotto! Can you see him standing upright after Pacquiao lands his killer left or Cotto lands a clean left hook to his head. This is guy is delusional. The sooner he's knocked out by Bradley - the better!

I don't like him but he has never spoke about fighting Pac. He has stated they will never fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:03 pm

Yep, I'll admit I'm a Khan hater.
But I still acknowledge his assets in the ring - mainly based on speed and combination punching. But is he a precision puncher? No. Is he a power puncher? No. Does he throw textbook combos? No. Does he have good defensive skills? No. A weak chin? Yes. Way too many flaws.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm

hitmansam wrote:Khan wasn't lucky against Maidana? Had that fight been in the UK, it would have been stopped Manfredo style! Khan was out on his feet for the entire round and he was very lucky to be allowed to continue. We will see in time! He's talking about fighting Pacquiao, Mayweather and Cotto! Can you see him standing upright after Pacquiao lands his killer left or Cotto lands a clean left hook to his head. This is guy is delusional. The sooner he's knocked out by Bradley - the better!

It wasn't in the UK. No need speaking hypothetically about luck. Can you see many LWW upright if any of those WW land clean hooks?

He's not talking about fighting Pac. He said he would never fight Pac. Why shouldn't he aim to fight Floyd? It shows ambition and self belief. He should be applauded for that not criticised for it.

Oh and he will beat Bradley quite comfortably.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:05 pm

hitmansam wrote:Yep, I'll admit I'm a Khan hater.
But I still acknowledge his assets in the ring - mainly based on speed and combination punching. But is he a precision puncher? No. Is he a power puncher? No. Does he throw textbook combos? No. Does he have good defensive skills? No. A weak chin? Yes. Way too many flaws.

Yet still probably the best LWW in the world. Shocking.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:06 pm

Which all leads to an exciting fight.Khans good for boxing what it needs right now.Khans very under-estimated and has the biggest heart in the game.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:07 pm

azania wrote:

Bradley and Judah would argue that.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:08 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

One of the best LWW in the world. A guy with all the flaws highlighted above has no business being ranked so highly.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:10 pm

**Yet still probably the best LWW in the world. Shocking.

Nope. It's officially the no.1 unified champion in Bradley - not "probably" Khan.

Bradley's style is all wrong for Khan.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:11 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

One of the best LWW in the world. A guy with all the flaws highlighted above has no business being ranked so highly.

Hitman simplified a bit and was harsh but you did say the best. He hasn't proved that he would need to beat the other 2 first.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:11 pm

hitmansam wrote:**Yet still probably the best LWW in the world. Shocking.

Nope. It's officially the no.1 unified champion in Bradley - not "probably" Khan.

Bradley's style is all wrong for Khan.

With all those flaws you claim he has, what is he doing so highly ranked, filling 18,00 capacity arenas, headlining PPV cards in USA and making millions?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:12 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

Hitman simplified a bit and was harsh but you did say the best. He hasn't proved that he would need to beat the other 2 first.

I've learnt from D4. I gave a get out of jail card by saing "probably". Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:14 pm

So what are you arguing? That Manfredo was an early stoppage? Or that it was a legitimate stoppage?

The very fact Khan went on to WIN the Maidana fight renders the argument that he was lucky not to be stopped invalid.

In the UK, or anywhere else for that matter, if the fight was stopped it would have been incorrect. As the outcome of the fight proved.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:16 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

I've learnt from D4. I gave a get out of jail card by saing "probably". Very Happy

You and D4 are becoming very similar. Wink
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:17 pm

**what is he doing so highly ranked

So highly? Where? He's considered the 2nd best at 140 and I'm sure Maidana would have something to say about that. He's nowhere near the p4p rankings. So highly? Gimme a break!

**filling 18,00 capacity arenas

That's great. What was the live gate?

**headlining PPV cards in USA

Which PPVs has Khan headlined in the USA?

**and making millions?

He didn't make millions last night, did he?

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:18 pm

manos de piedra wrote:

So what are you arguing? That Manfredo was an early stoppage? Or that it was a legitimate stoppage?

The very fact Khan went on to WIN the Maidana fight renders the argument that he was lucky not to be stopped invalid.

In the UK, or anywhere else for that matter, if the fight was stopped it would have been incorrect. As the outcome of the fight proved.

It would have been incorrect to stop it but he is lucky because some refs would have.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:22 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

It would have been incorrect to stop it but he is lucky because some refs would have.

So hes lucky he didnt get unlucky?

I see the argument but the proof is in the fight. Khan won fair and square and trying to claim some incompetent ref might have waved it off is just decrediting him unfairly in view.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:22 pm

hitmansam wrote:**what is he doing so highly ranked

So highly? Where? He's considered the 2nd best at 140 and I'm sure Maidana would have something to say about that. He's nowhere near the p4p rankings. So highly? Gimme a break!

**filling 18,00 capacity arenas

That's great. What was the live gate?

**headlining PPV cards in USA

**and making millions?

He didn't make millions last night, did he?

2nd best is beig ranked very highly isn't it? Not the highest granted. After he beats Bradley, he will be the best and for top 10 p4p.

Apparently the show yesterday was a sell out. 18,000. Maidana can question whatever he wants. The fact remains that Khan beat him hands down. And if you want to talk about luck, give Khan abother 10 seconds and he would have finished Maidana in the first round. Wasn't that fight PPV in USA?

Khan makes over £2m per fight. Add PPV sales and he's quids in. Lets be happy for a Great British success story. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:23 pm

manos, what are you talking about? simple point; had khan-maidana taken place in England, the fight would have been stopped in the 10th. the fact khan survived and got a razor thin decision renders nothing. khan would have been waved off in the 10th. simple

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:26 pm

hitmansam wrote:manos, what are you talking about? simple point; had khan-maidana taken place in England, the fight would have been stopped in the 10th. the fact khan survived and got a razor thin decision renders nothing. khan would have been waved off in the 10th. simple

Ifs and buts are worthless as the fight happened in USA and Khan won hands down. Be happy for him. He put on a show and won a barnstorming fight. Wasn't it the Ring's FOTY?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:27 pm

hitmansam wrote:manos, what are you talking about? simple point; had khan-maidana taken place in England, the fight would have been stopped in the 10th. the fact khan survived and got a razor thin decision renders nothing. khan would have been waved off in the 10th. simple

And it would have been a joke stoppage. So therefore not really relevant is it?

You dont even know the fight would have been waved off. As the champ, defending his title in front of his own crowd on home soil theres every chance the ref would let him continue. Your just stating something of pure speculation as fact.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:27 pm

Answer the questions, azania:

What was the live gate? 18,000 don't mean much when the tics are as cheap as peanuts. Tell us the live gate.

Tell us the fight where Khan has netted £2m!?

And being ranked 2nd isn't "so highly".

Awaiting your reply.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:29 pm

The fact is Khan has all the talent in the world to become a P4P number 1 in the future he has flaws but is improving every fight people have gotta remember hes on 24! Wish all the Khan haters would shut up and look at the facts no ones a perfect fighter and no one will be.Khans exciting yeah hes a bit cocky but he talks sense.Some people are acting as it was Khans fault the fight was stopped.Khan will prove himself against Bradley,styles make fights and Bradley just stands infront of his opponent Bradleys not gonna see the punches and certainly not gonna be able to move out of the way of his punches.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:30 pm

hitmansam wrote:Answer the questions, azania:

What was the live gate? 18,000 don't mean much when the tics are as cheap as peanuts. Tell us the live gate.

Awaiting your reply.

Was the Maidana not fight a headline fight. The Malignaggi fight was a co-feature for Ortiz and someone.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:33 pm

**Was the Maidana not fight a headline fight. The Malignaggi fight was a co-feature for Ortiz and someone.

azania claims Khan has been headlining PPV fights in America. We know that's nonsense because Khan hasn't had a PPV fight in America Doh

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:34 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:

Awaiting your reply.

Was the Maidana not fight a headline fight. The Malignaggi fight was a co-feature for Ortiz and someone.

Well hes going to headline his next fight against Bradley so.. and not just because Bradleys american
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:35 pm

Awaiting your reply.

I have no idea how much the live gate was. I did hear last night that 18,000 tickets were sold. For a fight against a joke of an opponent, that is amazing. I asked if Maidana was PPV in USA. I'm sure it was and he was the headline act.

I read that shy's decision not to screen the fight cost khan £1.5m. As a basic he should be on £2m seeing as that is what he got against Maidana.

Being ranked 2nd is being ranked very highly. Its better than 3rd which is also high.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:37 pm

hitmansam wrote:**Was the Maidana not fight a headline fight. The Malignaggi fight was a co-feature for Ortiz and someone.

azania claims Khan has been headlining PPV fights in America. We know that's nonsense because Khan hasn't had a PPV fight in America Doh

It is wasn't PPV is USA then I'm wrong. No biggie. Even better as more Americans will see his talent and after that fight they would want more of him and will pay for the pleasure. All in all it will be better for Khan's bank. And after he beats Bradley, who knows, Perhaps Floyd and even more bucks. After all that is why boxers are risking their lives.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next