The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My take on events

+13
Mr H
crippledtart
ADMIN
Beer
JDizzle
MidnightToker
HitmanOwl
Samo
Gregers
Fernando
Adam D
Kay Fabe
bretmeharty
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My take on events Empty My take on events

Post by bretmeharty Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:03 pm

I really didn't like the crowning of a new champion, doing that just cheapened the whole mitb result and aftermath of it. I know they introduced a new title to get champ vs champ Cena vs Punk but the " If Punk wins and takes a whole legacy with him" but it doesn't matter because we can make a new one tomorrow I was really hoping it was going to end in a no contest, and what was the point of having a new championship if Punk was in the building and back THAT SAME NIGHT ......I just dont get it.

And how contrived was getting the belt on Cena, I know this is contrived and fake but COME ON that just took the biscuit. They seem well to eager too set up the champ vs champ storyline.

Last edited by bretmeharty on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

My take on events Empty Re: My take on events

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm

I can't help but agree with you man, I'd have had HHH announce that the winner of Rey/Miz would only be the interim Champ, I'd have had Miz win then tell CM Punk that he has until the Maint Event of SummerSlam to show up for an undisputed WWE Title match, if he doesn't show by then Miz would be crowned the official WWE Champion and the SummerSlam ME would be Miz vs Cena, at SS I'd have Punks music hit twice without him showing then just as HHH calls for Cena Cult of Personality would hit and out comes Punk, I think that would raise the rooe and could have got a similar reaction to MitB

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:45 pm

Could it be that the new title was only introduced with the sole purpose of having the Rock win it and disappear with it till Mania. bear with me.....

Rock has already stated he is about at SS. So why not have him challenge for the belt and win it. That way, they have a belt to fight over at mania with cena, leaving Punk v Daniel or whoever.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:48 pm

I definitely don't think so mate. The last thing we need is another World Title, I could see why they did it last week, they had to sell Punk being gone

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:57 pm

I dont think it will happen either, but if there wasnt a purpose for the belt, then why not have the main event for the inaugural new belt and have Punk interupt, thus not crowning a champ.

It makes no sense to me - there is now 3 belts, whatever way you look at it, unless they denounce Punks belt.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:02 pm

I know they want to jump on this as Punk is hot right now but less is more and it would of served them better in the long run and with Jim Ross back they seem to be hitting the spot with the older fans right about now.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:05 pm

Hobo wrote:Could it be that the new title was only introduced with the sole purpose of having the Rock win it and disappear with it till Mania. bear with me.....

Rock has already stated he is about at SS. So why not have him challenge for the belt and win it. That way, they have a belt to fight over at mania with cena, leaving Punk v Daniel or whoever.

There could be something in this idea but not the way you mean, somehow they keep the third belt till wrestlemaina and its between Rock and Cena and Rock wins and keeps it at home forever.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

There will be a Champion vs Champion match at SummerSlam Hobo with the winner being the undisputed champ and it'll be back to 2 belts, I'm pretty positive about that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

the-gaffer wrote:There will be a Champion vs Champion match at SummerSlam Hobo with the winner being the undisputed champ and it'll be back to 2 belts, I'm pretty positive about that

if that happens you can 99% guarantee cena will win that match effectively ruining this whole storyline.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm

Have faith in the E!

It's the hottest angle in years, they won't want to muck it up.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:12 pm

I said before that it shouldnt have been called the WWE title. Something like RAW world champion would have been better. Having a match for the WWE title takes away the fact Punk left with the belt. I agree though, Punks back too soon.

The tournament could have taken place over the weeks with the final at SS. Then I would pinch Gaffers idea of having Punks music play a couple of times with him finally coming out.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

Like the SD! Title back a few years ago when cena got drafted after jbl won the new title?

Surely I wasn't the only one who was dissapointed when the new title looked just like the old one. Why not bring back the old wwe title design or bring in a new one?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:21 pm

Gregers wrote:Like the SD! Title back a few years ago when cena got drafted after jbl won the new title?

Surely I wasn't the only one who was dissapointed when the new title looked just like the old one. Why not bring back the old wwe title design or bring in a new one?

Exactly. Its not as if its going to be the main title, hell it doesnt even need a recorded history, just a world title belt on RAW before Punk comes back. And yeah, I was hoping for a new belt. Wishfully wanting the old Undisputed design. Thats my fav.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:24 pm

I wouldn't mind if Cena beat Punk in an undisputed match at SummerSlam as long as Punk could leave the match feeling aggrieved, yet more ammunition for him, that being said, if he beat Cena again he'd be truly the man

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

If Punk beats Cena for the undisputed WWE title at SS then he may very well debut a new belt

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

Good call Gaff, Punk beating Cena again he'd be the man and have every right to bring in a new title

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:57 pm

When they crown a new undisputed champ,have the belts unified and unveil a new one! Winged eagle wouldn't go a miss.

Hope ADR doesn't cash in.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:33 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:When they crown a new undisputed champ,have the belts unified and unveil a new one! Winged eagle wouldn't go a miss.

Hope ADR doesn't cash in.

Fear the winged speedy gonzalez

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:44 pm

Punk doesn't necessarily have to beat Cena at SS to keep the storyline going. Cena can still win aslong as someone, Punk, gets screwed by someone. Probably HHH or McMahon.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:44 pm

Look at it from another angle.

What if the so called 'favours' that Vince was trying to call in never paid off? If they weren't able to get Punk on the likes of Jimmy Fallon, Conan etc then what's the point in having him off screen? There's no chance to get the sort of exposure that they would want and trying to get something in place with the likes of ROH and NJPW would take weeks, maybe months, by which time the furore around Punk has died and everyone has come to terms with a new interim champ.

For me they are striking while the iron is hot. People are still talking about whats going to happen. WWE is hotter than it's been in years. Even without serious mainstream exposure they will attract new fans and convert some of the die hard ROH and TNA fans simply for this angle.

Also factor in the big rumoured plans for Rey and this could be something huge. It's not just whats going on in the ring, it's around the ring, backstage, upstairs. The potential is there for a massive shift in the WWE that hasn't been seen since the invasion angle, even going far back as the Monday Night Wars.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:12 am

"The potential is there for a massive shift in the WWE that hasn't been seen since the invasion angle, even going far back as the Monday Night Wars.."

True, but i just cant see it happening. Would love to be proved wrong

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:45 am

What 'shift' happened during the invasion angle?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:46 am

the-gaffer wrote:What 'shift' happened during the invasion angle?

Erm, just Vince buying WCW. Nothing too major.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:57 am

From the reports I've read we're actually getting something a lot better than they previously planned!

Alberto Del Rio has once again been victimized by WWE's haphazard booking as his long planned match with John Cena at SummerSlam was nixed hours before Monday night's RAW telecast in Hampton, Virginia.

Creative overhauled the match line-up for SummerSlam Monday afternoon after deeming their creative plans for CM Punk for the event as "awful." Del Rio was effectively removed from the title picture as a result. WWE's braintrust felt that had Punk not been slotted in the title match, his much talked about storyline would extinguish.

Though Del Rio had the rug pulled out from under him once again, creative has the 34-year-old pegged for a title run this fall. WWE announced today they will present a landmark tour across Mexico this October and a number of high ranking officials feel the countryman returning as a conquering hero will garner a great deal of media attention.

Meanwhile, The Miz was at one point scheduled to reign supreme in the WWE Championship Tournament on RAW. Creative later changed their mind and the WWE Championship was awarded to Rey Mysterio, who got to hold the belt for approximately an hour and a half.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

Clarke James wrote:

"erm" That wasn't an angle that was reality and I'd hardly consider a great blurring of the lines promo anywhere near the same kind of thing

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:50 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

"erm" That wasn't an angle that was reality and I'd hardly consider a great blurring of the lines promo anywhere near the same kind of thing

You obviously foget that not everyone was around during the Monday Night Wars, gaffer. So to some people the Invasion angle may of had more of an impact on them. Jesus chirst man you're hard work.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

I totally agree with the OP. Why was Vince so worried about Punk leaving if he could just create a new champion? Also, why didn't Punk come out after Rey won the title? How did he know there would be a Rey-Cena match later in the night?!

My guess is they're shooting their load and having a Summerslam match with Cena winning clean. The entire angle is being hotshotted. I still can't believe Punk only missed one week of Raw!

Yet again I feel an ominous sense of foreboding. It's like Nexus times ten.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

Who's Jesus Chirst?

Less than 5 months til Chirstmas.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

It's his illiterate, retarded half brother.

Kind of like Bitch Stewie.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:04 pm

Is his favourite wrestler Chirstian?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:06 pm

Yes. Unless MC Pnuk is getting a push.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:17 pm

Clarke James wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

You obviously foget that not everyone was around during the Monday Night Wars, gaffer. So to some people the Invasion angle may of had more of an impact on them. Jesus chirst man you're hard work.
And I didn't see the original Invasion angle so didn't know what you meant with the meaning of 'shift' (i obviously didn't think you meant Vince buying out WCW), I asked a legit question, you gave me a wanky reply so I returned the favour

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Clarke James wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

And I didn't see the original Invasion angle so didn't know what you meant with the meaning of 'shift' (i obviously didn't think you meant Vince buying out WCW), I asked a legit question, you gave me a wanky reply so I returned the favour

Is it really my fault that the world doesn't revolve around you?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm

Also, if you haven't seen the angle, and therefore don't know what i'm talking about, ask a sensible question. Rather than putting 'split' like the condescending fecktard you are (at times) Ok!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:32 pm

I have seen the angle, you just made no sense, then reverted to sarcasm, just the usual for you

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Clarke James wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

Well then why did you say it there? Come on, gaff, be consistent.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:35 pm

"original" as in at the time it happened

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:38 pm

As for the world revolving around me, you're the one who got your tampay jammed coz some missed the MNW's

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:38 pm

As opposed to what, a replay on youtube? What's that got to do with anything? You either know about the Invasion angle or not.

If you don't think that Vince buying his biggest rival and then 'merging' it's talent with his current business as a major shift in the business then i would hate to think what you would see as a 'major' shift.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

How many threads are you 2 arguing in? Get a room, for crying out loud! Very Happy

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

Fellas, keep the banter civil please Hug

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

We're not arguing. We're debating.

I love the arrogant sonofabitch really! Hug

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

WCW was pretty insignificant by the time WWF bought them, and watching something in real time has fartgreater relevence than watching a replay years later

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

Spirited debate!

You can't help but reply to the loveable obnoxious rouge

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:46 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Spirited debate!

You can't help but reply to the loveable obnoxious rouge

Rouge? I'm not a red top! Wink

I'd rather have a spirited debate with Gaffer than surround myself with glad-handed, nonsensical douchebag yes-men like Mr H who are going to tell me everything i want to hear.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

You are a grade A c**t.

Did you want to hear that?

Gaffer, i almost sensed some charisma in that little battle with LB then. Keep it up buddy, you might be somebody one day OK

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

If I can ask gaffer's original question again, what "shift" happened when the WWF bought WCW?

Obviously we all know it changed the business in as much as Vince had finally achieved an industry monopoly, but are you referring to a shift in promotional philosophy and if so what was it?

I'm not being facetious, I just don't really get what you were referring to specifically.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

Laugh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:58 pm

LBs back? Wonderful. Best day in the world, ever!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:59 pm

As long as its not you H I'll be popular thumbsup

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next