The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My take on events

+13
Mr H
crippledtart
ADMIN
Beer
JDizzle
MidnightToker
HitmanOwl
Samo
Gregers
Fernando
Adam D
Kay Fabe
bretmeharty
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My take on events - Page 2 Empty My take on events

Post by bretmeharty Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

I really didn't like the crowning of a new champion, doing that just cheapened the whole mitb result and aftermath of it. I know they introduced a new title to get champ vs champ Cena vs Punk but the " If Punk wins and takes a whole legacy with him" but it doesn't matter because we can make a new one tomorrow I was really hoping it was going to end in a no contest, and what was the point of having a new championship if Punk was in the building and back THAT SAME NIGHT ......I just dont get it.

And how contrived was getting the belt on Cena, I know this is contrived and fake but COME ON that just took the biscuit. They seem well to eager too set up the champ vs champ storyline.

Last edited by bretmeharty on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

My take on events - Page 2 Empty Re: My take on events

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:If I can ask gaffer's original question again, what "shift" happened when the WWF bought WCW?

Obviously we all know it changed the business in as much as Vince had finally achieved an industry monopoly, but are you referring to a shift in promotional philosophy and if so what was it?

I'm not being facetious, I just don't really get what you were referring to specifically.

Of course.

I meant in the sense that the outline of the industry changed. The Monday Night Wars brought the 2 biggest companies to a head, with a 3rd (ECW) happily going about its business. When the invasion happened, from an outsiders perspective everything changed. WCW was gone, ECW was gone and all of a sudden they were invading WWE. There was no other wrestling company. You couldn't switch to Nitro or Thunder because RAW was rubbish. For the first time in quite a number of years there was only 1 wrestling company. It also asked the question of what would happen to guys who left the WWE? The likes of Hogan, Nash, Hall, Savage? Would they be welcomed back. And what of people who didnt come straight over, like Goldberg? Where would they go, when would they show up.

That's what i was referring to by 'shift'.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

liverbnz wrote:LBs back? Wonderful. Best day in the world, ever!

Different LB!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

Good comeback, w@nker!

I'm following you on twitter now by the way mate. If anyone else wants to follow gaffer, his twitter name is @DavidOtunga.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:10 pm

Thats harsh man, you've changed Laugh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

Clarke James wrote:

Different LB!

Yeah, unfortunately its not the original LB, we'll have to put up with this wrinkly piece of d**kskin instead.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

Mr H wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

Different LB!

Yeah, unfortunately its not the original LB, we'll have to put up with this wrinkly piece of dickskin instead.

Oi, c**kswiller. I am the original LB. He was LBv2.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Thats harsh man, you've changed Laugh

Ever since my shoot on admin, and ever since crips abused me by saying i like TNA, that just tipped me over the edge man!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

Clarke James wrote:
Mr H wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

Different LB!

Yeah, unfortunately its not the original LB, we'll have to put up with this wrinkly piece of dickskin instead.

Oi, cockswiller. I am the original LB. He was LBv2.

I knew lionbloodeverywhere long before you rocked up pal! HE is the original LB, you are his poorer, less knowledgable, less funny namesake!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

Mr H wrote:

Ever since my shoot on admin, and ever since crips abused me by saying i like TNA, that just tipped me over the edge man!

You mean ever since you chucked your toys out of your pram and had a little whinge?

Man up you ponce.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:15 pm

Always thought he was KB (King Beer), but Lord Beer is now ringing a bell.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:15 pm

Whos the other LB?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

Mr H wrote:
Clarke James wrote:
Mr H wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

Different LB!

Oi, cockswiller. I am the original LB. He was LBv2.

I knew lionbloodeverywhere long before you rocked up pal! HE is the original LB, you are his poorer, less knowledgable, less funny namesake!

Lord Beer

Lionblood

Proof that i am the original.

Stick that in your crack pipe!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm

Clarke James wrote:
Mr H wrote:

You mean ever since you chucked your toys out of your pram and had a little whinge?

Man up you ponce.

It was all kayfabe you sausage guzzler. Now get your thinking cap on before gaffer and crips bury you about this whole 'invasion' thing!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm

Mr H wrote:
Clarke James wrote:
Mr H wrote:

Man up you ponce.

It was all kayfabe you sausage guzzler. Now get your thinking cap on before gaffer and crips bury you about this whole 'invasion' thing!

I already replied you big man sausage mangler.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by peppie Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I wouldn't mind if Cena beat Punk in an undisputed match at SummerSlam as long as Punk could leave the match feeling aggrieved, yet more ammunition for him, that being said, if he beat Cena again he'd be truly the man

I certainly cant see Cena losing to Punk clean as it would really harm his wrestlemania match with Rock if he is no longer seen as 'the man'. There has to be some sort of outside interference which leaves them both looking strong.

peppie

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

Clarke James wrote:
Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:If I can ask gaffer's original question again, what "shift" happened when the WWF bought WCW?

Obviously we all know it changed the business in as much as Vince had finally achieved an industry monopoly, but are you referring to a shift in promotional philosophy and if so what was it?

I'm not being facetious, I just don't really get what you were referring to specifically.

Of course.

I meant in the sense that the outline of the industry changed. The Monday Night Wars brought the 2 biggest companies to a head, with a 3rd (ECW) happily going about its business. When the invasion happened, from an outsiders perspective everything changed. WCW was gone, ECW was gone and all of a sudden they were invading WWE. There was no other wrestling company. You couldn't switch to Nitro or Thunder because RAW was rubbish. For the first time in quite a number of years there was only 1 wrestling company. It also asked the question of what would happen to guys who left the WWE? The likes of Hogan, Nash, Hall, Savage? Would they be welcomed back. And what of people who didnt come straight over, like Goldberg? Where would they go, when would they show up.

Okay. In that case I think it's very optimistic to think that one worked shoot angle could bring about something as sizeable.

I do think there is a very slim chance that, if pushed correctly, Punk could lead a wrestling boom, which would be something of a shift given what we've experienced for the past decade. He reminds me a lot of Austin in the mid 90s; someone who everyone from the outside could see was the best in the business being held back, finally let loose with the promotional machine behind him.

But it's a very slim chance.

Now go back to calling each other names, you goat-felching spacktards.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

peppie wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I wouldn't mind if Cena beat Punk in an undisputed match at SummerSlam as long as Punk could leave the match feeling aggrieved, yet more ammunition for him, that being said, if he beat Cena again he'd be truly the man

I certainly cant see Cena losing to Punk clean as it would really harm his wrestlemania match with Rock if he is no longer seen as 'the man'. There has to be some sort of outside interference which leaves them both looking strong.

Great point. They are invested in Cena being their biggest star for at least another 8 months. Cena-Rock is their top priority, and it requires a strong Cena.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Now go back to calling each other names, you goat-felching spacktards.

Now that is an image I could have done without.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Whos the other LB?

The ubiquitous Lionsblood. The original and the bestest. Ever.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:30 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

Of course.

Okay. In that case I think it's very optimistic to think that one worked shoot angle could bring about something as sizeable.

I do think there is a very slim chance that, if pushed correctly, Punk could lead a wrestling boom, which would be something of a shift given what we've experienced for the past decade. He reminds me a lot of Austin in the mid 90s; someone who everyone from the outside could see was the best in the business being held back, finally let loose with the promotional machine behind him.

But it's a very slim chance.

Now go back to calling each other names, you goat-felching spacktards.

I think it's about looking at how the shifts link together.

Each 'shift' has been different. The Monday Night Wars saw the WWE become the #1 product and take over as the prominent wrestling show. The 'Invasion' angle was the culmination of WCW imploding and WWE taking full advantage. Since then there has been nothing. No rival. No competition. We've been force fed a selection of PG dross for the last 5-6 years, yet now, with a slight resurgence of TNA WWE pulls this out of the bag. This could potentially be a whole new era for WWE. A revert back to the old days. It could even push companies like ROH, DGUSA and Chikara further into the mainstream at the expense of TNA.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

liverbnz wrote:

I thought it was Liver Bnz?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

liverbnz wrote:

I thought it was gaffers first account, 'Little B*tch'?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

peppie wrote:

I doubt Cena would lose clean and to be honest I don't want him to anyway, the stronger Cena looks the more hype his opponent can garner in his build up to any feud, however if for talking sake its a ladder match then the loser doesn't lose face, I don't want Punk to get help though, I think its important to his 'best in the world' gimmick he goes it alone

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

I can see someone getting involved so it isn't a clean win for either man. The Rock would be the obvious choice seeing as he has hinted at being at Summerslam and he has motive to screw both Cena and Punk.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:49 pm

I dont think it'd do Cena too much harm losing clean to Punk to be honest. Wrestlemania is so far away there is more than enough time to make Cena look like 'the man' again.

Cena desperately wants to face The Rock with the WWE Title at stake, and it would be perfect if he is going out of his mind trying to get the title back from the person he cant beat - CM Punk.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:54 pm

liverbnz wrote:

Ha, never even picked up on that myself.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by peppie Wed 27 Jul 2011, 9:06 pm

peppie wrote:

Great point. They are invested in Cena being their biggest star for at least another 8 months. Cena-Rock is their top priority, and it requires a strong Cena.

I think this Cena-Punk feud needs to finish asap (and not conclusively). Best way to do this would be for Cena to lose due to outside interference after another epic match and to then go after the person that screwed him rather than Punks title.

peppie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:04 pm

I'm undecided as to whether I want to see 'the best in the World' need outside interference, I don't think it would do his character any favours, I think I'd like to see Barrett reform Nexus and cost Punk the match which could then lead to Punk introduce the KoW & Cabana and have a turf war with them with Punk and Co coming out on top then Punk can move on to the Rumble

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2