The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news for those without Sky

+5
The Galveston Giant
Super D Boon
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Scottrf
9 posters

Go down

Good news for those without Sky Empty Re: Good news for those without Sky

Post by Scottrf Thu 28 Jul - 11:44

Titanic Sinks!

Sorry...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 28 Jul - 11:55

alma wrote:I only just read about it, sorry.....

Alma I wouldn't worry about, some people on here have their own issues to deal with and take it out on others on the internet.

I wasn't aware of this so thanks for the update thumbsup
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 28 Jul - 11:55

No problem. Can't help but think we aren't far off Fury PPV fights though, with the Channel 5/Primetime connection.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 28 Jul - 11:55

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:

Alma I wouldn't worry about, some people on here have their own issues to deal with and take it out on others on the internet.
Asif Vali for example...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jul - 11:57

Scottrf wrote:

Asif Vali for example...

Has he joined?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 28 Jul - 11:59

Scottrf wrote:

Asif Vali for example...

hi scotty Ale
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 28 Jul - 12:01

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:hi scotty Ale
We should have met up at the Khan fight mate, and discussed our hero Ale

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 28 Jul - 12:17

At least it keeps him from nicking scrap metal from people's gardens I suppose

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 28 Jul - 12:25

Scottrf wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:hi scotty Ale
We should have met up at the Khan fight mate, and discussed our hero Ale

Indeed mate.

tbh the McCloskey fight was the only one that disappointed.

I think Khan is fantastic, I have never said otherwise apart from that fight. And the only reason I went was because the Maidana one was so good.

He was great at the weekend as well, pity that fat git ruined my weekend by squeezing into that pic mad
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 28 Jul - 12:34

alma wrote:
Scottrf wrote:No problem. Can't help but think we aren't far off Fury PPV fights though, with the Channel 5/Primetime connection.

I think they'd be pushing their luck a bit with that. Maybe for a world title, but I can't see anyone other than the cogniscenti paying for a non-world title fight involving Fury, especially after the recent Haye PPV debacles.....

If Sky are honest about laying off the PPV then they may think about stepping theirs up
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 28 Jul - 12:50

The only reason it was on Channel 5 is becuase of fat Mick. Nobody else can bargin with him, so the worst channel ever created was his only option.

Remember, this is the loser who had Britains P4P number 1 fighting on some crabby website in his first defense of his World title
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jul - 12:55

Mick Hennessy always reminds me of the old Cecil B DeMille quote that he could take a nobody and make them into a somebody. Mick could take a sombody and make them into a nobody.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 13:08

rowley wrote:Mick Hennessy always reminds me of the old Cecil B DeMille quote that he could take a nobody and make them into a somebody. Mick could take a sombody and make them into a nobody.

I think Don King (?) said exactly the same about Frank Maloney when he was guiding Lennox Lewis's early career.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jul - 13:10

Believe you're right Tino. Really pains me to criticise Mick because in many ways particularly in his willingness to match his fighters tough and take them down the traditional route he is to be admired, but dear god the guy can make someone disappear so badly it is embarrasing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 13:13

Let's hope this doesn't happen with Fury as he is nothing if not entertaining. I really like the look of a Fury v Price showdown sometime in the future.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 28 Jul - 13:16

the promotion of Fury Chisora seemed so tacky, didnt help that fatty Chisora didnt bother to do anything to help, but that weigh in and everything?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 28 Jul - 13:18

what evidence is there Hennesey makes his fighters more money than other promoters

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jul - 13:19

Don't think Chisora helps full stop, seems to think himself some sort of colourful or controversial character when in reality is he is a moderately talented heavyweight of limited intelligence and negligible charisma. Like with his ring music Saturday, what on earth was that al about. Think most would prefer if he would just shut up and pehaps consider cutting up his KFC loyalty card.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul - 13:20

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:The only reason it was on Channel 5 is becuase of fat Mick. Nobody else can bargin with him, so the worst channel ever created was his only option.

Remember, this is the loser who had Britains P4P number 1 fighting on some crabby website in his first defense of his World title

i think its more the fact that primetime and channel 5 are owned by the same man, and he just wanted to use it to plug the ppv

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 28 Jul - 13:43

hahaha

i mean 261

bloody greedy pig.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 13:55

rowley wrote:Don't think Chisora helps full stop, seems to think himself some sort of colourful or controversial character when in reality is he is a moderately talented heavyweight of limited intelligence and negligible charisma. Like with his ring music Saturday, what on earth was that al about. Think most would prefer if he would just shut up and pehaps consider cutting up his KFC loyalty card.

Whilst he's at it, he can cut up that stupid "I am the Greatest" hat he sometimes wears.

Having said that, I went to a show at the York Hall a while ago and I am sure Chisora was there, although he was miles away from me, shouting encouragement throughout to a couple of the guys. I know he has had the accusation that he is only in it for the money thrown at him a few times but he seemed genuinely passionate about it that night. Lloyd Honneyghan was there as well, dressed in the most ridiculous white and black suit I have ever see. He had a cane and a hat on, and to top it all off, he was wearing sunglasses on inside the building.

On the same night (I know this sounds like I am making it up now!) John H Stracey was the "special" guest, and he preceded to sing Frank Sinatra songs, mid-ring, during a break in fights whilst his battle with Napoles played on a screen in the background. He was actually quite good as well!

I wasn't on acid either.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jul - 13:59

Stracey is a half decent singer, he was on the boxers version of the weakest link and did a bit of a number, whilst he ain't headlining Ceasars any time soon he can carry a tune.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 28 Jul - 14:05

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:Don't think Chisora helps full stop, seems to think himself some sort of colourful or controversial character when in reality is he is a moderately talented heavyweight of limited intelligence and negligible charisma. Like with his ring music Saturday, what on earth was that al about. Think most would prefer if he would just shut up and pehaps consider cutting up his KFC loyalty card.

Whilst he's at it, he can cut up that stupid "I am the Greatest" hat he sometimes wears.

Having said that, I went to a show at the York Hall a while ago and I am sure Chisora was there, although he was miles away from me, shouting encouragement throughout to a couple of the guys. I know he has had the accusation that he is only in it for the money thrown at him a few times but he seemed genuinely passionate about it that night. Lloyd Honneyghan was there as well, dressed in the most ridiculous white and black suit I have ever see. He had a cane and a hat on, and to top it all off, he was wearing sunglasses on inside the building.

On the same night (I know this sounds like I am making it up now!) John H Stracey was the "special" guest, and he preceded to sing Frank Sinatra songs, mid-ring, during a break in fights whilst his battle with Napoles played on a screen in the background. He was actually quite good as well!

I wasn't on acid either.

Imagine how much more awesome that evening would have seemed if you had been.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 14:06

BALTIMORA wrote:

I wasn't on acid either.

True, but only if didn't bump into Truss who would have opened a can of whoopass on me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 28 Jul - 14:12

Truss doesn't open cans of whoop-ass. He has it on draught...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 14:13

alma wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

I wasn't on acid either.

True, but only if didn't bump into Truss who would have opened a can of whoopass on me.

Just watch 'In The Night Garden'. It has much the same effect

I have four kids alma. Don't even go there. If I ever meet Igglepiggle I am going to lose my 0-0-0 record in a flash.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 14:14

BALTIMORA wrote:Truss doesn't open cans of whoop-ass. He has it on draught...

Brilliant.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jul - 14:14

alma wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

I wasn't on acid either.

I have four kids alma. Don't even go there. If I ever meet Igglepiggle I am going to lose my 0-0-0 record in a flash.

Damn right he'd kick your ass

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 14:15

rowley wrote:
alma wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

I wasn't on acid either.

Damn right he'd kick your ass

0-1-0 then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 14:55

alma wrote:
Quite how Derek Jacobi was persuaded to get involved I'll never know

Indeed. He can't be short of a bob or two either. Perhaps it got his creative juices flowing....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Jul - 15:03

alma wrote:
alma wrote:
Quite how Derek Jacobi was persuaded to get involved I'll never know

Indeed. He can't be short of a bob or two either. Perhaps it got his creative juices flowing....

Supposedly there've been over 150 episodes made, which I find incredible, as every single one is basically exactly the same

I say exactly the same thing. Every evening. Every day.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down