The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hated Fighters

+16
School Project
Imperial Ghosty
The Galveston Giant
oxring
zx1234
Steffan
TopHat24/7
Super D Boon
licence_007
eddyfightfan
Rowley
Union Cane
huw
razzaq
Scottrf
d260005p
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hated Fighters Empty Hated Fighters

Post by d260005p Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

I did a post last week on about who your favourite boxer was today and why. Judging by the hate generated at specific boxers over this past week, my new topic is as follows:

Which boxer today do you hate the most and why?

Mine would have to be Tyson Fury, Devon Alexander and probably Povetkin.

Devon because he is way over-rated and his manager pisses me off
Povetkin because he acts like a fat bum and his fight with Chambers was Poopie!
Tyson Fury purely based on the fact that he is Tyson Fury. What a man sausage.

Cheers Guys

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Hated Fighters Empty Re: Hated Fighters

Post by Scottrf Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

I'm too apathetic to hate anyone, but Anthony Small is probably my least favourite.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

Dirrell, BHop and Anthony Small.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:01 pm

haha! Anthony "Roy Jones Jnr Floyd Bernard" Small?. God he was a Winkle! Is he still about??

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm

razzaq wrote:Dirrell, BHop and Anthony Small.

Why do you hate probably one of the greatest fighters in the past decade in Bhop? Any reason why or just the same reason as to why i hate Tyson Fury?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm

When younger Eubank and Nas.

As I got older I came to appreciate them both.

Currently I don't really have any that I hate.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm

Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr?

He used to post on the old 606, but it probably wan't him.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm

Anthony Small
Tommy Morrison

Have nothing but love in my heart generally though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm

why povetkin? your more than entitled to your own opinion but i really rate him and like his work ethic, fury also has grown on me since his last performance.

i wouldnt say hate, but audley harrison, mayweather and sturm.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

Union Cane wrote:Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr?

Wan't him Union! Dear god has it really come to this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

Typin' 'ow I speak, aren' I.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

Union Cane wrote:Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr?

HAHA! Ahhh yeh! Brilliant. Funy chap mind.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:why povetkin? your more than entitled to your own opinion but i really rate him and like his work ethic, fury also has grown on me since his last performance.

Not going to lie. Povetkin hatred purely comes from 1) how over rated i think he is and 2) his performance against Chambers. I remembered it being terrible.

I generally dont like Fury, no reason, i just think he is a Holly Wilaboobie who thinks he is the hardest thing since Baltimora. Yahoo

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

Tim Bradley for being a bit of a man sausage over the match with Khan. Never really hate fighters. DeGale possibly, but I just think he's just a stupid young man rather than anything too bad.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

Sven Ottke - For being the biggest rip off merchant I can ever think of.

Naseem Hamed - A twerp of the very highest order in the ring and out of it.

Carl Froch - For having the big head of Ali, but the talent of Bruno.

Zsolt Erdei - For having the most padded record of any undefeated champion.

Lucien Bute - For making a fortune fighting scrubs in Canada while the other good SMWs are fighting each other.

Alexander Povetkin - For waiting around with his 0 and praying the Klitschkos will retire soon.

Tyson Fury - For his lifestyle choices.

OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

Anthony Small is probably then only boxer I've ever genuinely hated. Vile putrid scumbag who I'd love to see have his block knocked off.

Remember having some angry feelings towards that boxer at the charity match that smashed the other guys jaw after the bell when his gloves were off too though.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:21 pm

d260005p wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:why povetkin? your more than entitled to your own opinion but i really rate him and like his work ethic, fury also has grown on me since his last performance.

Not going to lie. Povetkin hatred purely comes from 1) how over rated i think he is and 2) his performance against Chambers. I remembered it being terrible.

I generally dont like Fury, no reason, i just think he is a Holly Wilaboobie who thinks he is the hardest thing since Baltimora. Yahoo

fair enough, i just think he has a good work rate for a heavyweight, wins over chambers, byrd, firtha and if he can get past him chagev are good wins and in a time where we need someone to knock the klits of there perch i think he's the one to do it- if anybody can. he was slightly inactive last year, but his dad past away and he was dealing with that. he now trains with teddy atlas in america and think he can get a bit of momentum going again.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:24 pm

I think people give Povetkin a bit too much stick for not fighting the Klits right away. They're obviously head and shoulders above everyone, so why should he rush into a fight that he isn't ready for, most likely lose, then have to rebuild all his good work again to get back in line for a shot. If he carries on as he is, beats Chagaev, I'd rather see him in with Ibragimov and maybe Adamek, before turning attention to K2. Might be asking a bit much there though!

I just don't like this attitude that everyone has to rush into a world title fight that we seem to have these days!

Last edited by licence_007 on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a couple of lines.)

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:32 pm

Froch
Haye
Margacheato

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

like most margarito and small are on my list, i also dislike:

hopkins - not a nice guy, a lot of his fights are boring and i think his middlweight reign is overrated by some

david haye - the whole klitschko build up and fight form the heads t shirt to the toe excuse and also he hypes himself up as the most exciting heavyweight but in the most awaited heavyweight fight in a decade klitschko was the agressor.

larry holmes - great fighter but such as b**ch

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

I heard Atlas pulled him out of a fight with Wlad because he felt he wasn't ready.

Povetkin was Wlad's IBF mandatory years ago and he bailed on the fight.

Fair play to him if there were personal reasons but why not take the fight at a later date?

It seems a bit too much of a coincidence than Povetkin foregoes his high ranking with the IBF to instead get a ranking with the WBA who had Haye as the champion at the time?? Ie. an easier option! Now he gets to be a fake champion if he beats Chagaev for the "regular" version of the WBA belt.

He gets to hoodwink the public by calling himself a "champion" this by avoiding a K brother completely!

Deserves his place on my personal HATED list.

It stinks I tell ya! furious

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:38 pm

he hasnt hand that many fights and shouldnt be forced in with them just because they have beat everyone else. just because they want a new challenge, if he isnt ready then let him have more fights. i personally can see haye waiting for the fight then trying to fight the winner again for the WBA, then trying to rematch wlad or get vitali

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

Not his fault D. Not his fault at all. He beats Chagaev - he gets a mandatory shot a Klitschko - which we assume he is now "ready" for.

Fury comes across as a nice bloke - but I've said that before on here. Don't think he's done anything to warrant such hatred d26.

Don't hate anyone - but the only one I can think of worthy of contempt is James Butler Jr.

Waits to have his gloves taken off to KO a man after a fight.
Murders Max Kellerman's brother and tries to cover it up.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

Yeh i think the same Eddy. The winner of the Chagaev fight against Povetkin will probably fight Haye. I think Haye beats either of these with ease and then will fight a K bro before retiring from the sport. Win or Lose.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

I think people give Povetkin a bit too much stick for not fighting the Klits right away.

------------

Sorry but Povetkin bailed on a fight with Wlad three years ago so hardly "right away" as you put it. Also bear in mind Povetkin is an Olympic champion so should show much more ambition added to the fact he doesn't have the excuse of Tyson Fury (age) as he's 31 so not exactly a spring chicken.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

oxring wrote:Not his fault D. Not his fault at all. He beats Chagaev - he gets a mandatory shot a Klitschko - which we assume he is now "ready" for.

Fury comes across as a nice bloke - but I've said that before on here. Don't think he's done anything to warrant such hatred d26.

Don't hate anyone - but the only one I can think of worthy of contempt is James Butler Jr.

I saw that on Youtube. The guy had like 15 stitches in his kisser because of it and Butler got jailed? Whats this about killing Max Kellermans brother??

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I think people give Povetkin a bit too much stick for not fighting the Klits right away.

------------

Sorry but Povetkin bailed on a fight with Wlad three years ago so hardly "right away" as you put it. Also bear in mind Povetkin is an Olympic champion so should show much more ambition added to the fact he doesn't have the excuse of Tyson Fury (age) as he's 31 so not exactly a spring chicken.

Vitali is 40. So if Povetkin wins he could theoretically have 8 years as champ. How many were you wanting?

What is wrong with bailing on a fight you knew you weren't ready for? He's got himself ready and is now going for it. Can't see the problem D.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:46 pm

Yes I think HATE is a strong word. Dislike is better.

See the defenders of Povetkin are out in force but to me he shows the usual lack of ambition typical of a euro boxer just wanting an easier life and a trinket to milk with.

If Povetkin does Haye then takes Wlad then hats off but not holding my breath on that one.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:47 pm

I think he has waited and it was the right choice but Wlad has now turned out like a fine wine
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

d260005p wrote:
oxring wrote:Not his fault D. Not his fault at all. He beats Chagaev - he gets a mandatory shot a Klitschko - which we assume he is now "ready" for.

I saw that on Youtube. The guy had like 15 stitches in his kisser because of it and Butler got jailed? Whats this about killing Max Kellermans brother??

The guy he hit never boxed again due to his jaw. He killed Max Kellermans brother and tried to burn the house/apartment down to cover it up. A real scumbag who is now rotting in a prison cell

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:56 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Yes I think HATE is a strong word. Dislike is better.

See the defenders of Povetkin are out in force but to me he shows the usual lack of ambition typical of a euro boxer just wanting an easier life and a trinket to milk with.

If Povetkin does Haye then takes Wlad then hats off but not holding my breath on that one.

i think he'll take on anyone but just knows he's not that good yet. fair play, for me wlad trys pressuring people into fights before there ready, he wants the fury chisora winner, they were both 14-0, thats pretty much a novice and way under qualified to tackle the most dominant champion with other 50 fights experience

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:02 pm

Super D Boon wrote:See the defenders of Povetkin are out in force but to me he shows the usual lack of ambition typical of a euro boxer just wanting an easier life and a trinket to milk with.

Why should Povetkin "do" Haye? He beats Chagaev, he gets a shot at Wladi-K. Simples.

You still haven't answered my question - what is wrong with turning down a fight you aren't ready for? Or is it that you get a feeling that Povetkin is going to be another Liakhovich or Maskaev?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:03 pm

also zab judah has his moments, complaining all the time to the ref and the kosta tyszu incident made him look a complete numpty

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:also zab judah has his moments, complaining all the time to the ref and the kosta tyszu incident made him look a complete numpty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-tgV_J2RaI
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:13 pm

Here is a video of Anthony Small speaking about his beliefs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVa-hHfUdw0

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:15 pm

oxring wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:See the defenders of Povetkin are out in force but to me he shows the usual lack of ambition typical of a euro boxer just wanting an easier life and a trinket to milk with.

Why should Povetkin "do" Haye? He beats Chagaev, he gets a shot at Wladi-K. Simples.

You still haven't answered my question - what is wrong with turning down a fight you aren't ready for? Or is it that you get a feeling that Povetkin is going to be another Liakhovich or Maskaev?

Well why did he take the WBA road and not stick with beating IBF ranked fighters until he is ready? I'm suspicious because of his switch to the WBA and he gets a nice easy belt to milk until he sees Wlad is on the wane and then make a challenge. A lot of money can be milked from belts espcially in the euro zone where the fans are not very demanding. Also chagaev by now is a broken man, hepatitus B and a schooling off Wlad. Time will tell what Povetkin does but I wouldn't be surprised if he delays a Wlad fight again after beating Chagaev.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:20 pm

Here is Small in a "less diplomatic" video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmARUX76rHc&feature=related

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:24 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
oxring wrote:

Well why did he take the WBA road and not stick with beating IBF ranked fighters until he is ready? I'm suspicious because of his switch to the WBA and he gets a nice easy belt to milk until he sees Wlad is on the wane and then make a challenge. A lot of money can be milked from belts espcially in the euro zone where the fans are not very demanding. Also chagaev by now is a broken man, hepatitus B and a schooling off Wlad. Time will tell what Povetkin does but I wouldn't be surprised if he delays a Wlad fight again after beating Chagaev.

True - but he'd lost a lot of IBF ranking points and burnt bridges by failing to challenge. Furthermore - Wlad can demand to fight Povetkin as super-champ. Same way that Martinez will enforce a fight with JCCjr after he's done with Barker. Wlad will almost certainly do this - due to absence of other challengers.

Re: Hep B - Chagaev has been clear for years (contracted 07, cleared later). Inactivity and battering off Wlad are both fair points.

However - if not Chagaev who else is there for Povetkin to fight to prove he's Klitschko ready? Most others are tied up and Boytsov, who I really like is yet to prove he can still punch after hand surgery.

If time proves you correct I will withdraw all defences of Povetkin good sir, but presently I feel you are being too hasty
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:26 pm

Going the IBF or WBA route wasn't going to make a blind bit of difference as it was always going to be the same person.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
oxring wrote:

i wouldn't be that willing to jump in a ring and take a hiding from wlad for 12 rounds either, i think teddy atlas is shrewd enough to know when his fighter has got a chance and when he would take a beating- and will protect him accordingly.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:27 pm

I dislike Chavez Jr... he's famous off his Daddies back, has been spoon fed opponents and has a padded record and a belt to show for it. He's an example and embodiment of why boxing is crud at the moment.

My main bulk of hatred is for Bob Arum, he is stinking out boxing at the moment... he's a greedy, ignorant old twerp. I really hope he gets out of boxing soon... it wouldn't surprise ne if he dug up the corpse of Robinson and forced a fight with Pacquiao seeing his recent matchmaking.

Greedy selfish pig.

For that reason I have to include Pacquiao. Cherry picking his way to P4P number 1 off the back of either Mayweather victims or dried up, ring rusted, beaten and dry opponents. I likened him to a school bully who picks on kids obviously weaker than them to make himself look better. Answering easily to Arum who simply tells him "dance monkey".

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:47 pm

arum is what warren is aiming to be like...

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:48 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:arum is what warren is aiming to be like...

Bang on.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:10 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I think people give Povetkin a bit too much stick for not fighting the Klits right away.

------------

He's still young in Heavyweight terms. Olympic champion or not, why rush in if you feel you aren't ready for the shot. Three years ago he felt he was unready, perhaps he still feels that or perhaps we will see the fight soon. I don't see why you should have to grab any opportunity at a title that comes your way when it is obvious you have a good few years ahead of you. On top of that, you have been criticising him for taking the easy routes to possible titles, yet maybe he just wants something to take the negotiating table. The Klitschko's are hardly known for negotiating fairly!

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm

I don't hate any fighters, although Khans 'team' really grind my gears. Andre Ward also bothers me, the way he nuts, mauls and spoils his way through fights yet is lauded so highly and ranked in the Ring top ten while Froch has never had a sniff. I know it's not Ward fault how others rank him. Dirrell is a pleb, highly talented boxer and a fine athlete but too much running and acting. Alexander let himself down in the Bradley fight - don't care what anyone says he saw a way out of that fight and took it - and his acting skills aren't gonna get him a star on Hollywood Boulevard any time soon (unlike Dirrell).

But that's all just grumblings, I don't hate any of those guys - hate is far too strong an emotion to pour out on mere sportsmen you've never met and whose actions are ultimately inconsequential to you. Having said that, there is one fighter who I do reserve a special amount of loathing for - old Manos de Yeso himself Antonio Margareto. Irritating, Jimmy Hill chinned, one dimensional and an exposed cheat who then comes back getting even bigger fights than he was having before (pacman, cotto II) rather than being frozen out as he deserved. Let there be no doubt that I detest this man. And although he's not a fighter, I also loathe pacquiaos 'advisor' (self important gopher) Mike Koncz.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:20 pm

Danny Williams- Fat, lazy, boring, arrogant

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:25 pm

horizontalhero wrote:TRUSSMAN66 - Fat, lazy, boring, arrogant

Just fixed that for you horizontalhero, as I'm sure that's what you were meaning to say.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

another thing on margarito that was pretty distasteful was when him and rios did an impersonation of roach taking the mick out of his disease

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 29 Jul 2011, 9:10 am

Saul Alvarez for turning his back on his obvious Scottish roots and pretending to be a Mexican.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 29 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:I don't hate any fighters, although Khans 'team' really grind my gears. Andre Ward also bothers me, the way he nuts, mauls and spoils his way through fights yet is lauded so highly and ranked in the Ring top ten while Froch has never had a sniff. I know it's not Ward fault how others rank him. Dirrell is a pleb, highly talented boxer and a fine athlete but too much running and acting. Alexander let himself down in the Bradley fight - don't care what anyone says he saw a way out of that fight and took it - and his acting skills aren't gonna get him a star on Hollywood Boulevard any time soon (unlike Dirrell).

But that's all just grumblings, I don't hate any of those guys - hate is far too strong an emotion to pour out on mere sportsmen you've never met and whose actions are ultimately inconsequential to you. Having said that, there is one fighter who I do reserve a special amount of loathing for - old Manos de Yeso himself Antonio Margareto. Irritating, Jimmy Hill chinned, one dimensional and an exposed cheat who then comes back getting even bigger fights than he was having before (pacman, cotto II) rather than being frozen out as he deserved. Let there be no doubt that I detest this man. And although he's not a fighter, I also loathe pacquiaos 'advisor' (self important gopher) Mike Koncz.

Presume you hate Mosley then for being a cheat and getting bigger paydays against Mayweather and Pacman?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next