The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hated Fighters

+16
School Project
Imperial Ghosty
The Galveston Giant
oxring
zx1234
Steffan
TopHat24/7
Super D Boon
licence_007
eddyfightfan
Rowley
Union Cane
huw
razzaq
Scottrf
d260005p
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hated Fighters - Page 2 Empty Hated Fighters

Post by d260005p Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

I did a post last week on about who your favourite boxer was today and why. Judging by the hate generated at specific boxers over this past week, my new topic is as follows:

Which boxer today do you hate the most and why?

Mine would have to be Tyson Fury, Devon Alexander and probably Povetkin.

Devon because he is way over-rated and his manager pisses me off
Povetkin because he acts like a fat bum and his fight with Chambers was Poopie!
Tyson Fury purely based on the fact that he is Tyson Fury. What a man sausage.

Cheers Guys

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Hated Fighters - Page 2 Empty Re: Hated Fighters

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:54 am

World of difference between using steroids and loaded gloves.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:01 pm

Maybe so, but both cheated and in a way they both could have caused serious damage. Wrapped gloves or steroids, both cheaters.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Going the IBF or WBA route wasn't going to make a blind bit of difference as it was always going to be the same person.

Don't know what you mean. My point was Povetkin targeted the WBA as an easier way to get a belt that's all. I don;t know what the politics of the WBA are like but if by being Super champion Wlad can take out the trash with the Regular champion and make himself the only champ of the organisation - hopefully, that's is how it should be.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:12 pm

d260005p wrote:Maybe so, but both cheated and in a way they both could have caused serious damage. Wrapped gloves or steroids, both cheaters.

Completely different, Steroids aren't going to be an attributing factor to a beating like Collins received from Resto.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:13 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Going the IBF or WBA route wasn't going to make a blind bit of difference as it was always going to be the same person.

Don't know what you mean. My point was Povetkin targeted the WBA as an easier way to get a belt that's all. I don;t know what the politics of the WBA are like but if by being Super champion Wlad can take out the trash with the Regular champion and make himself the only champ of the organisation - hopefully, that's is how it should be.

Which ever route he went the chances were he'd end up having to face Wlad.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
d260005p wrote:Maybe so, but both cheated and in a way they both could have caused serious damage. Wrapped gloves or steroids, both cheaters.

Completely different, Steroids aren't going to be an attributing factor to a beating like Collins received from Resto.

Nice point. Lets throw in Panama Lewis as well then. Scumbag.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm

Panama Lewis for two reasons- Collins/Resto and Arguello/Pryor, not gotten over that fight yet.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:18 pm

licence_007 wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:I think people give Povetkin a bit too much stick for not fighting the Klits right away.

------------

Sorry but Povetkin bailed on a fight with Wlad three years ago so hardly "right away" as you put it. Also bear in mind Povetkin is an Olympic champion so should show much more ambition added to the fact he doesn't have the excuse of Tyson Fury (age) as he's 31 so not exactly a spring chicken.

He's still young in Heavyweight terms. Olympic champion or not, why rush in if you feel you aren't ready for the shot. Three years ago he felt he was unready, perhaps he still feels that or perhaps we will see the fight soon. I don't see why you should have to grab any opportunity at a title that comes your way when it is obvious you have a good few years ahead of you. On top of that, you have been criticising him for taking the easy routes to possible titles, yet maybe he just wants something to take the negotiating table. The Klitschko's are hardly known for negotiating fairly!

Okay if not ready why did he fight the IBF eliminator in the first place? Besides, Povetkin takes nothing to the table. Wlad is the real champion of the WBA and Povetkin with be like the deputy. I suppose if Wlad has the urge to get rid of a charlatan calling himself World Champ then maybe that would be something I dunno.

Maybe I am hasty to judge Povetkin. Let's wait and see whether he calls out Wlad after beating Chagaev which I think he will or whether he tries desperately to milk his regular belt the way of a certain Anthony Mundane!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

i'd say your been hasty saying that povetkin is "a charlatan calling himself a world champion"- the fight hasnt even happened yet

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:20 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:World of difference between using steroids and loaded gloves.

I don't know, what's the difference between using steroids and loaded gloves.....*waits in anticipation of a great punch line*

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

wouldnt say he got "demolished"- but he certainly is the biggest waste of talent though, i would love to see what a dedicated, focused, determined naz could have done, but he prefered the nightclubs and fast cars and party lifestyle.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:41 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:wouldnt say he got "demolished"- but he certainly is the biggest waste of talent though, i would love to see what a dedicated, focused, determined naz could have done, but he prefered the nightclubs and fast cars and party lifestyle.

Yeh, I've always thought Hamed gets a hit a little too hard over the MAB fight. He fought the wrong fight, MAB showed him up somewhat with an excellent dominant performance but Hamed wasn't 'destroyed' or 'demolished' like a lot of people make out. I see know reason why he couldn't have had a couple of tune-ups before getting back into the ring with top level fighters again (Morales?) before maybe even taking a MAB rematch.

As Eddy says, what a waste of talent. Speaking of which, lets hope fun-time Frankie doesn't waste his before he's even got going.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:wouldnt say he got "demolished"- but he certainly is the biggest waste of talent though, i would love to see what a dedicated, focused, determined naz could have done, but he prefered the nightclubs and fast cars and party lifestyle.

Yeh, I've always thought Hamed gets a hit a little too hard over the MAB fight. He fought the wrong fight, MAB showed him up somewhat with an excellent dominant performance but Hamed wasn't 'destroyed' or 'demolished' like a lot of people make out. I see know reason why he couldn't have had a couple of tune-ups before getting back into the ring with top level fighters again (Morales?) before maybe even taking a MAB rematch.

As Eddy says, what a waste of talent. Speaking of which, lets hope fun-time Frankie doesn't waste his before he's even got going.....

Oh the Hamed years lasted long enough for me! I knew he would never come back after defeat. He was obsessed about never losing so when he did it destroyed his ego completely. He had a rematch clause with Barrera but bailed on it. I felt at the time he lost he wouldn't make a comeback (apart from a pointless Manuel Calvo fight) because he didn't have it in him. Just didn't have the bottle. And was proved correct! OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:12 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Oh the Hamed years lasted long enough for me! I knew he would never come back after defeat. He was obsessed about never losing so when he did it destroyed his ego completely. He had a rematch clause with Barrera but bailed on it. I felt at the time he lost he wouldn't make a comeback (apart from a pointless Manuel Calvo fight) because he didn't have it in him. Just didn't have the bottle. And was proved correct! OK

Think Hamed was finished mentally after the Barrera fight, he still had the skills to compete at the top but not the mentality.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:32 pm

naz's best years were spent in kingdom night club and the front seat of ferrais- not in the gym like i've no doubt MABs were.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 29 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

Hate is a very strong word; however I have a dislike for Anthony Mundine. I don't like B-hop (although his achievements are awesome) and I also think James DeGale is an utterly horrible oik. Andre Ward is a cheating bar steward. And I have grown to dislike those that stick around too long such as Holyfield and Botha. Give it up!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 29 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Hate is a very strong word; however I have a dislike for Anthony Mundine. I don't like B-hop (although his achievements are awesome) and I also think James DeGale is an utterly horrible oik. Andre Ward is a cheating bar steward. And I have grown to dislike those that stick around too long such as Holyfield and Botha. Give it up!

So much dislike Mr Bounce. Choose heart!
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2