The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Shut up, you're just a failed golfer"

2 posters

Go down

"Shut up, you're just a failed golfer" Empty "Shut up, you're just a failed golfer"

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 am

Rory McIlroy ended his opening round at the Irish Open with a double bogey and then became embroiled in an argument on Twitter.

He sent an angry tweet to former European Tour player Jay Townsend, who had criticised his play.
The 22-year-old's response came after Townsend tweeted: "McIlroy's course management was shocking. Some of the worst course management I have ever seen beyond under-10 boys' golf competition."

McIlroy quickly replied: "Shut up ... you're a commentator and a failed golfer, your opinion means nothing!"

My question is not is McIlroy correct. He probably is. My question is does have a right to respond honestly in public like this when criticised in public by a pundit? Surely he mist receive criticism like this all the time? Why now?

Is this a sign that the pressure and hype is getting to Rory?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

"Shut up, you're just a failed golfer" Empty Re: "Shut up, you're just a failed golfer"

Post by Davie Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:17 am

Already under discussion on the Irish open thread. Locking this one so we don't have multiple threads

Davie

Back to top Go down