The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

5 posters

Go down

Jake "The Snake" Roberts Empty Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Post by MidnightToker Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:55 am

In my opinion, the best heel and quite possibly the best wrestler ever! Thoughts?

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Jake "The Snake" Roberts Empty Re: Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Post by Mr H Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:31 am

One of my favourite heels of all time. In ring psychology like no other, cold and calculating on the mic, had the audience in the palm of his hand and oozed charisma. But best wrestler ever? Not a chance.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:07 am

I'm a huge fan of Jake, and he's one of my favourites ever, but best ever? I think there is just no case for it. It's like saying The Verve were the best band ever.

Jake never main evented anywhere, never won any world titles, doesn't have a huge portfolio of great matches and was rarely involved in any angles that were relied upon to draw as the centrepiece of a wrestling promotion. Compared to Flair, Austin and Michaels, his success pales in comparison. Do I prefer his act to all of those three? Probably. But I know they blow him out of the water.

I think this is an instance where "favourite" and "best" are completely mixed up.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Fri 29 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

Excellent promo's for sure, cracking entrance, from the bag over the shoulder to the way he slithered into the ring and pulled himself up with the top rope. He played the character perfectly IMO. In terms of acheivements he deffo doesnt come close to the three you mentioned and a good few others. Think the favourite and best point was pretty much spot on lol. Deffo a good shout for the hall of fame and would be shockin if he never ends up in there, unless he can sort himself out tho maybe wont see it anytime soon

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 01 Aug 2011, 7:00 pm

Some great summaries there from Mr H & Crips as ever.... Could a heel Jake Roberts ever have been the centrepiece of a top wrestling promotion or held a world title? Obviously his demons got the better of him but I believe given the push he could of

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 01 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

We'll never know thanks to Hogan refusing to work a program with him, if that was successful he might just have got the nod, if he was doing schtick at the top of his game today he'd be a 5 time + champ

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down