The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got?

+19
az1988
oxring
ian_jamsie
The genius of PBF
Rowley
Super D Boon
BALTIMORA
Union Cane
Azabache
razzaq
Colonial Lion
huw
The Galveston Giant
bhb001
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Mind the windows Tino.
Scottrf
eddyfightfan
Fists of Fury
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who would win?

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? Vote_lcap38%Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 23 ]
Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? Vote_lcap62%Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 38 ]

Total Votes : 61

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? Empty Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got?

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

Audley is talking this one up on Twitter, and I think this is one that he would actually win. For me, he has everything Fury has, plus a little more in terms of speed and he is far more athletic.

Who you got?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? Empty Re: Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got?

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:04 am

i voted wrong- i meant fury- wouldnt back harrision to beat his way out of a paper bag. think fury will fight rogan though, maybe chisora will be interested.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:09 am

I have no idea.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:11 am

When are we ever going to collectively realise that Harrison just doesn't have the heart and will for a proper scrap, which is something he will get from Fury.

He may well have more skills and be a touch more athletic, the difference is, Fury genuinely seems to enjoy fighting and big Audley has little interest. Harrison is a flat-track bully and I would expect Fury to either stop him late or outpoint him comfortably.

It is fine for Harrison to beat up on a few nondescripts in Prizefighter, but anytime he faces any real resistance, he fails. Yes he beat Sprott, and there is a chance he could land a big'un on Fury but I don't see it. Harrison's one great performance as a professional was the second Williams fight but he has never shown that form since.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:13 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:When are we ever going to collectively realise that Harrison just doesn't have the heart and will for a proper scrap, which is something he will get from Fury.

He may well have more skills and be a touch more athletic, the difference is, Fury genuinely seems to enjoy fighting and big Audley has little interest. Harrison is a flat-track bully and I would expect Fury to either stop him late or outpoint him comfortably.

It is fine for Harrison to beat up on a few nondescripts in Prizefighter, but anytime he faces any real resistance, he fails. Yes he beat Sprott, and there is a chance he could land a big'un on Fury but I don't see it. Harrison's one great performance as a professional was the second Williams fight but he has never shown that form since.
What an awful way to talk about a modern great.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:16 am

Scottrf wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:When are we ever going to collectively realise that Harrison just doesn't have the heart and will for a proper scrap, which is something he will get from Fury.

What an awful way to talk about a modern great.

Do you know what Scott, having just read it back, it is not a post I will look back on with fond memories. I have contradicted myself about 5 times anyway.

Hopeless. Me that is, not Audley.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

harrison shuts up shop as soon as he is clipped, he has openly said he is looking for a last payday, saying he deserves it for all the entertainment over the years.... yeah right. take the taxi driver on fury, at least he'll come to fight. plus he's already KOd harrison.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:01 am

Harrison doesn't throw enough to beat fury. Chisora had fury in bother everytime he came forward with punches in bunches, but the disgusting fat sack of cack was too out of shape to do it more than once every 4 rounds. Harrison is a better athlete than del, and probably packs more one punch power, but you need to back fury up to beat him and audley is too cautious for that. I'd back fury to win a boring fight on nothing but workrate.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:36 am

I was a big nay sayer on Fury last week before the Chisora fight, but if the same fighter showed up against Harrison, then Fury will win. Harrison does have the skills, but does not have the heart or desire that Tyson would bring to the party. But it is likely to be boring fight, as Harrison is generally very negative. Rogan would be far more interesting, but I would again back Fury to win. I think it will come down to the biggest purse and which one Channel 5 would like to see on their screen. I hope to god they do not move it to pay per view, as that would kill either fight!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

If Harrison were to perform then i think he easily outboxes Fury, but he's not likely to perform, i expect him to run his mouth a bit for a payday though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

bhb001 wrote:I was a big nay sayer on Fury last week before the Chisora fight, but if the same fighter showed up against Harrison, then Fury will win. Harrison does have the skills, but does not have the heart or desire that Tyson would bring to the party. But it is likely to be boring fight, as Harrison is generally very negative. Rogan would be far more interesting, but I would again back Fury to win. I think it will come down to the biggest purse and which one Channel 5 would like to see on their screen. I hope to god they do not move it to pay per view, as that would kill either fight!

under no circumstances should harrison ever be allowed to boxer on terestrial tv, he has already ruined it once for the bbc, five would do well to stay well clear.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:
bhb001 wrote:I was a big nay sayer on Fury last week before the Chisora fight, but if the same fighter showed up against Harrison, then Fury will win. Harrison does have the skills, but does not have the heart or desire that Tyson would bring to the party. But it is likely to be boring fight, as Harrison is generally very negative. Rogan would be far more interesting, but I would again back Fury to win. I think it will come down to the biggest purse and which one Channel 5 would like to see on their screen. I hope to god they do not move it to pay per view, as that would kill either fight!

under no circumstances should harrison ever be allowed to boxer on terestrial tv, he has already ruined it once for the bbc, five would do well to stay well clear.

He is such a car-crash though eddy. Despite all the broken promises, brash talk and delusional comments, people will still tune in to watch. Me included. There is no way people would pay to watch him anymore but he would probably do decent numbers on channel 5, especially as Fury would not be shy with the verbals.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:10 pm

he disapoints all the time though, people paid for harrison haye- but they werent satisfied. plus rogan has beat harrison so should get a shot above him. if ireland get five which im sure they do i think rogan will pull more numbers for the irish title.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:12 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:he disapoints all the time though, people paid for harrison haye- but they werent satisfied. plus rogan has beat harrison so should get a shot above him. if ireland get five which im sure they do i think rogan will pull more numbers for the irish title.

I agree eddy, I would hate to see him get a shot at the British Title, I am just convinced he would do good numbers on terrestrial.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:16 pm

to be honest i think it is more hoping on audleys part that he gets a shot, i havent heard fury talk about him at all, he seems keen on winning a irish title- harrison was due to take on mike perez in september but im guessing thats not so anymore.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:40 pm

Harrison couldn't beat an egg.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:46 pm

alma wrote:Not sure Channel 5 would be too impressed by this match-up

You just get back in your ninky nonk.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:07 pm

I dont actually think Audley is all that good a boxer. Consensus seems to say that hes this super talented guy who lacks heart or interest but I think he lacks genuine top level talent. His jab, which he relies heavily on is pretty weak and doesnt control fights against even medium level opposition, his workrate is too low and his whole gameplan seems to be based around "finding an opening" rather than actually concentrating on winning rounds. Hence he primed to be outworked by low level boxers unless he actually finds a KO punch.

His heart and stomach for a fight are constantly questioned but the fact he keeps coming back for more pain and ridicule despite having made alot of money for little success would suggest that he actually has heart and determination. I just dont think he ha the style or overall talent.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:21 pm

Colonial Lion wrote:I dont actually think Audley is all that good a boxer. Consensus seems to say that hes this super talented guy who lacks heart or interest but I think he lacks genuine top level talent. His jab, which he relies heavily on is pretty weak and doesnt control fights against even medium level opposition, his workrate is too low and his whole gameplan seems to be based around "finding an opening" rather than actually concentrating on winning rounds. Hence he primed to be outworked by low level boxers unless he actually finds a KO punch.

His heart and stomach for a fight are constantly questioned but the fact he keeps coming back for more pain and ridicule despite having made alot of money for little success would suggest that he actually has heart and determination. I just dont think he ha the style or overall talent.

Can't say I have ever called him a "super talented guy". Very good in the unpaid ranks but as we know this doesn't always translate to the pros.

I don't know what it is about him, I can't put my finger on it but I do think there is more than enough evidence to suggest he does lack the heart and stomach for the fight when he actually gets in the ring. Up to that point, he seems a confident character and the sort of guy who doesn't suffer from self doubt, but actually put in the ring with someone of a decent level and he falls apart mentally. I have never stepped into a boxing ring, so good luck to him for that, but I think it is a fair assessment of his career to say he lacks the stomach for the actual fighting part. The talking is great, the pre-fight self confidence is great, but he has fallen apart pretty much everytime the heat is on.

Maybe it is his ego that forces him to return everytime, maybe he genuinely has no doubts, but the hard evidence is there that he lacks a fighting heart once the bell rings.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm

i dont think its heart and determination that keep bringing a farce back, just greed, desire to be "famous" and stupidity.

note to the spelling police, i am perfectly aware i cannot spell properly

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:29 pm

'a-force'

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Azabache Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:31 pm

No-one's mentioned the "C" word:

Coward.

Or what they called it in the War on medical reports:

"LMF"-lack of moral fibre.

Azabache

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

I think its his style more than his heart. He sees himself as a top technician who is just waiting for his opponent to make a mistake so he can capitalise. But it means he gives rounds away cheaply. Invariably there are times when hes getting outworked and looks disinterested due to low workrate but I honestly think this is just a failure of gameplan and tactics rather than a lack of heart.

I think he should try to be imposing himself on a fight with his jab and trying to dictate but instead he hides behind a rather weak jab quite tentatively hoping to land a counter. Because his jab is inneffective he leaves himself vulnerable to just being outworked by crude fighters with decent workrate like Rogan.

I think the word that best describes him is delusional. How many people in his position would continue? He doesnt need the money and the amount of suffering and ridicule he puts himself through and the amount of times hes had to rebuild from virtually nothing means I cant fault his determination or desire, I just dont think the penny has dropped with him yet that he just doesnt have the game to succeed in even a weak heavyweight division.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

alma wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
alma wrote:Not sure Channel 5 would be too impressed by this match-up

You just get back in your ninky nonk.

At least there was a bit of variety last night: the Wattingers were actually in it for a change. I was a bit disturbed by Mr Pontipine's moustache though. He looks like Tom Selleck

I think there is an underlying hatred between the Wattingers and the Pontipines actually. The Wattingers think the Mr Pontipine and his family are the neighbours from hell.

We need the tombliboos to mediate a peace settlement.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

What is it with Upsy Daisy and her need to raise her skirt whenever she dances? Is she like their version of a slutty stripper?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:55 pm

huw wrote:

What is it with Upsy Daisy and her need to raise her skirt whenever she dances? Is she like their version of a slutty stripper?

And that blanket that Igglepiggle wanders around with? I mean, what does he need that for.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:16 pm

alma wrote:
huw wrote:

And that blanket that Igglepiggle wanders around with? I mean, what does he need that for.

And he kops off with Upsy Daisy every episode, she lies down in her bed, and what does he do? He just falls over and makes a fool of himself.....with his red blanket......

Thinking about it, and taking into account the valued imput of yourself, alma, and huw, I might have to stop the kids watching as it is clearly just soft porn.

Jacobi has alot to answer for.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

alma wrote:
alma wrote:
huw wrote:

And he kops off with Upsy Daisy every episode, she lies down in her bed, and what does he do? He just falls over and makes a fool of himself.....with his red blanket......

Thinking about it, and taking into account the valued imput of yourself, alma, and huw, I might have to stop the kids watching as it is clearly just soft porn.

Jacobi has alot to answer for.

Would indicate why my son stands about a milimetre from the screen for the full half hour. I thought he was just retarded, but maybe not!

Invoice coming your way for new keyboard. Tea everywhere.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:35 pm

alma wrote:
huw wrote:

Maybe it is his lack of genitalia, he talks the talk, gets the girl into bed and then remembers he has nothing to take it any further. Perhaps he dated Lorena Bobbitt before finding fame.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:41 pm

huw wrote:
alma wrote:
huw wrote:

Maybe it is his lack of genitalia, he talks the talk, gets the girl into bed and then remembers he has nothing to take it any further. Perhaps he dated Lorena Bobbitt before finding fame.

Could be on to something there huw. Hadn't thought of that. It must be awful for him, seeing Upsy Daisy flashing her undercarriage at him every day and then not having the nuts to do anything about it.

I heard she is sleeping with one the Haahoos anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:43 pm

alma wrote:

Ha ha! Maybe you're retarded!

I don't that has ever been in dispute.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

What is going on? None of this makes any sense?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:50 pm

Union Cane wrote:What is going on? None of this makes any sense?

You have kids don't you? Or do yours just watch your copy of Grimsby Town's Greatest Goals video.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:50 pm

Some kids TV programme.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:53 pm

Don't have kids but I did get into rasta mouse for a while......

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:53 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:

Some kids TV programme.

Like you don't watch it Balti.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

Could be on to something there huw. Hadn't thought of that. It must be awful for him, seeing Upsy Daisy flashing her undercarriage at him every day and then not having the nuts to do anything about it.

I heard she is sleeping with one the Haahoos anyway.

It does seem that she is taunting him, but I'm not sure about the haahoos. It is pretty obvious how Macka Packa got his name, also his constant cleaning of stones again just to remind Iggle Piggle he has none. Really is cruel.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:

Some kids TV programme.

Honestly never have. Kids TV peaked with Bat Fink.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:59 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Some kids TV programme.

My wings are like a shield of steel!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:59 pm

It was Tweenies, Fimbles and Balamory when my kids were that age. Proper decent programs, not like the nonsense they have today.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:01 pm

I've decided when I have kids they're gonna be allowed to watch nothing but the history channels and Only Fools & Horses.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Or do yours just watch your copy of Grimsby Town's Greatest Goals video.

That got accidentally taped over, and now, funnily enough, contains the John West bear advert.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Or do yours just watch your copy of Grimsby Town's Greatest Goals video.

That got accidentally taped over, and now, funnily enough, contains the John West bear advert.

Can't have been a long show anyway Union!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

That's kind of what I was getting at, in a self-mocking kind of way.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:

My wings are like a shield of steel!

Was it Hugo Agogo who was the baddie?

Personally I think Ulysses, Dogtanian and Thundercats were 'prime' Kids TV. Too many governing bodies and 'alpahbet' channels these days......

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

Battle of the Planets was a favourite of mine.

Geee-Force!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:08 pm

Union Cane wrote:That's kind of what I was getting at, in a self-mocking kind of way.

Your humour is way too intelligent for me Union. alma has already sussed how retarded I am.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

The best ever advert is the Danish one for the Siemens washing machine.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:12 pm

i like the new fosters when where 'Damo' calls up about his bird's new haircut. Class.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:16 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Audley is talking this one up on Twitter, and I think this is one that he would actually win. For me, he has everything Fury has, plus a little more in terms of speed and he is far more athletic.

Who you got?

Harrison sure does have everything Fury has got and more but seldom if ever uses it! Harrison had but one good fight against Danny Williams (2nd fight) where he looked genuinely pumped up and nasty, other times he just looks like a big jessie. Harrison has only looked okay against fighters who are smaller and can't bang, just the sheer size of Fury would scare Audley not even his punches!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next