The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got?

+19
az1988
oxring
ian_jamsie
The genius of PBF
Rowley
Super D Boon
BALTIMORA
Union Cane
Azabache
razzaq
Colonial Lion
huw
The Galveston Giant
bhb001
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Mind the windows Tino.
Scottrf
eddyfightfan
Fists of Fury
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who would win?

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 23 ]
Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 38 ]

Total Votes : 61

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? - Page 2 Empty Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got?

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Audley is talking this one up on Twitter, and I think this is one that he would actually win. For me, he has everything Fury has, plus a little more in terms of speed and he is far more athletic.

Who you got?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? - Page 2 Empty Re: Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got?

Post by huw Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:21 pm

razzaq wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Honestly never have. Kids TV peaked with Bat Fink.

My wings are like a shield of steel!

Was it Hugo Agogo who was the baddie?

Personally I think Ulysses, Dogtanian and Thundercats were 'prime' Kids TV. Too many governing bodies and 'alpahbet' channels these days......

Although a big fan of those above would have to also include Danger Mouse and Pole Position (PP used to be on Sat morning TV, can't reslly remember much about the cartoon but the theme tune was really good). Also He-Man and Terror Hawks.

huw

Back to top Go down

Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got? - Page 2 Empty Re: Harrison vs Fury - Who You Got?

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:21 pm

To be honest I hope this fight happens. I also hope Fury beats him every minute of every round for the full 12 rounds a la Lacy against Calzaghe. If that happens we may finally get to see the back of the man. Want it to be the sort of performance that leaves him no room to make his "I was just getting into the fight" or "had it not been for that one punch I would have won" guff we normally have to endure. Am at the point where any sympathy or humour I may have found for Audley has long since passed. The sooner he sods off and leaves the game to people actually willing to throw a punch the better.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:23 pm

rowley wrote:To be honest I hope this fight happens. I also hope Fury beats him every minute of every round for the full 12 rounds a la Lacy against Calzaghe. If that happens we may finally get to see the back of the man. Want it to be the sort of performance that leaves him no room to make his "I was just getting into the fight" or "had it not been for that one punch I would have won" guff we normally have to endure. Am at the point where any sympathy or humour I may have found for Audley has long since passed. The sooner he sods off and leaves the game to people actually willing to throw a punch the better.

Sorry Jeff, the talk of boxing on this thread ended some time ago.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Scottrf wrote:The best ever advert is the Danish one for the Siemens washing machine.
Thanks for alerting us to this Scott...you have truly done us all a great service...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Yeah but if he says he wants one last pay day at least he's stopped dreaming about world titles and beating the K brothers! 🤦

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks for alerting us to this Scott...you have truly done us all a great service...

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 pm

True D but do you genuinely think if he won or came close to winning he would quietly exit stage left. Hell he got sparked off the worst of the three heavyweight champions without throwing a punch worth the name and still didn't get the message.

Sorry Tino, can't really join in with the kids TV discussion, used to watch 15 to 1 and Countdown, was a terribly serious child.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Scottrf wrote:The best ever advert is the Danish one for the Siemens washing machine.

Haven't seen it Scott, a brief synopsis if you would?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Some people parachute from a plane, it's much better to watch than read about though, trust me.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Personally I quite like the Rik Mayall 'Bombadier' advert.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Tyson Fury is the next dominant heavyweight champion according to Emmanuel Steward.

Last edited by The genius of PBF on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

rowley wrote:Sorry Tino, can't really join in with the kids TV discussion, used to watch 15 to 1 and Countdown, was a terribly serious child.

Bunkum. Countdown first aired in 1982, by which time you must have been in your mid twenties at least.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 pm

15 to 1 was great
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Damn right GG, William G Stewart was a legend.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Dad used to watch it all the time Rowley, loved it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Daphne Fowler won it.

Twice.

I can do quite a good impression of Daphne, it probably won't work on here though.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Is that the old bird off eggheads Union, if so did not know that. On the subject of Eggheads am not sure if i've mnetioned it before but would love to see CJ on the wrong end of a spinning back fist.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:56 pm

CJ manages to combine being useless with being the most smug man I've ever seen. Amazing levels of retardedness.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Too right Scott, in that company he ain't even that bright. Kevin would stand him on his head, but to be fair that is true of most people, Kevin would probably give Truss a run for his money.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 pm

It's far from the toughest of quizzes though, University Challenge is leagues above.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:59 pm

rowley wrote:Is that the old bird off eggheads Union, if so did not know that. On the subject of Eggheads am not sure if i've mnetioned it before but would love to see CJ on the wrong end of a spinning back fist.

That's the one mate, speaks like a deafer and always has no idea but manages to guess correctly. I think they show her all the answers before they start filming.

I do recall you mentioning a dislike of de Mooij previously. Worst in my opinion is Chris "Ah, now, I know a long boring story about that" Hughes.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Judith, wouldya?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Scottrf wrote:It's far from the toughest of quizzes though, University Challenge is leagues above.

University Challenge is awesome. Paxman is brilliant, love the contempt in his voice whenever the music round is a piece of popular music or whenever someone fails to correctly indentify the 18th in line for the throne in Denmark or something equally as impossible.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:07 pm

That is a toughy.

This only goes up to 11.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_Danish_throne
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Fairly sure they are not allowed to use Wiki on University Challenge, think it is in the rules or something. Although Trimble who was on a couple of years ago would not have needed to, she was unreal, how anyone stores so much knowledge in one brain is beyond me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:06 am

Fury is very busy and has a good chin.

UD to Fury 99 times out of 100.

Harrison is too inactive and if he couldn't stop Fury, he has no chance.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Just going back to talking boxing - (other than fists) - why do those 11 people think Audley has a chance? Precisely what has he shown in the last 10 or so years to convince anyone that he has a chance? Other than beating a fat, unmotivated Danny Williams?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:37 pm

only 10 people do, i voted wrong

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by az1988 Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:01 pm

got to be fury for this one he seems to throw a lot more punches than the so called "A-Force"

az1988

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Audley has a much better boxing ability than Fury, but he fails to ever use it when he actually does throw caution to the wind with his jab it's a very potent tool, however he fails to do anything other than paw with it most of the time, I don't know what goe son in his head, perhaps he is just absolutely scared of being clocked. I think Fury's boxing technique is so poor that Harrison would actually unload a few lefts on him and take him out because Fury has no defence whatsoever, however I fully expect Fury to be ahead on the scorecards at this moment in time, because it's Harrison...

And FYI I don't know where you're getting told this but Harrison most certainly did NOT get knocked out by Rogan it ended 96-95 to Rogan after 10 rounds, one of the worst boxing matches I have had to endure in a long time...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:36 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Audley has a much better boxing ability than Fury, but he fails to ever use it when he actually does throw caution to the wind with his jab it's a very potent tool, however he fails to do anything other than paw with it most of the time, I don't know what goe son in his head, perhaps he is just absolutely scared of being clocked. I think Fury's boxing technique is so poor that Harrison would actually unload a few lefts on him and take him out because Fury has no defence whatsoever, however I fully expect Fury to be ahead on the scorecards at this moment in time, because it's Harrison...

And FYI I don't know where you're getting told this but Harrison most certainly did NOT get knocked out by Rogan it ended 96-95 to Rogan after 10 rounds, one of the worst boxing matches I have had to endure in a long time...

I recall. Rogan was unlucky it was so close. He won that fight by more. You're being way too harsh on Fury Alex. If Chisora - who got Williams and Sexton out of there - couldn't get Fury out of there, nor could McDermott in something like his 8th or 9th fight - I strongly doubt that A-farce could.

Only x factor in the fight is Harrison's southpaw stance. Not sure if Fury's fought a leftie yet. Other than that Tyson wins - on activity, fitness, heart, chin - the works.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:35 am

Fury wins either by mid rounds TKO or wide UD.
Harrison is finished.
It won't even be remotley close.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm

oxring wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Audley has a much better boxing ability than Fury, but he fails to ever use it when he actually does throw caution to the wind with his jab it's a very potent tool, however he fails to do anything other than paw with it most of the time, I don't know what goe son in his head, perhaps he is just absolutely scared of being clocked. I think Fury's boxing technique is so poor that Harrison would actually unload a few lefts on him and take him out because Fury has no defence whatsoever, however I fully expect Fury to be ahead on the scorecards at this moment in time, because it's Harrison...

I recall. Rogan was unlucky it was so close. He won that fight by more. You're being way too harsh on Fury Alex. If Chisora - who got Williams and Sexton out of there - couldn't get Fury out of there, nor could McDermott in something like his 8th or 9th fight - I strongly doubt that A-farce could.

Only x factor in the fight is Harrison's southpaw stance. Not sure if Fury's fought a leftie yet. Other than that Tyson wins - on activity, fitness, heart, chin - the works.

Don't think so, Harrison was always best against guys that have no real defense and Fury really doesn't, I think he lands the big left on him, he has a very good knockout to win percentage and although Fury has proved he has a decent chin I don't think he stands up to Audleys left as I think Audley would feel free to throw a couple of punches (For once.)
Also yes he most certainly did beat Chisora, but come on was this the Chisora that beat Williams and Sexton? I don't think so, it was a fat Chisora that ran out of steam after the first real go he had and spent the rest breathing and posing on the ropes. I can completely understand the arguement of him beating him by a UD which I could definately see happening, however I don't think it happens, he leaves himself too open for Audleys left and he fires off a few counters from time to time, much like he did against Coleman Barret after being very frustrating.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:24 am

Come on Alex?! When has Audley ever won a 50:50 fight? That was the Chisora that beat Sexton (1) and Williams. And why would Audley feel free to throw punches? If Fury can work out the southpaw stance - Audley will be outjabbed and beaten up all night.

Against Chisora - Fury stopped throwing power shots - he said afterwards he'd hurt his hands - and he was pulling his shots - watch it back and its true. Against Harrison - those punches would be enough to stop him. Fraudley doesn't have a chin for the ages by any means.

Furthermore - Fury has shown that he can fight on the inside and out. When has Audley shown he can fight on the inside?

Guessing you're still not sold on Fury Alex - but Harrison hasn't shown us anything to make him a favourite. And he doesn't appear to do well as an underdog.

As for Barrett - the guy has only fought a handful of people with a winning record! 3 or 4 times out of 16? No wonder he walked onto Harrison's left - the guy has a feeble chin. His fit weight he only just makes the HW limit. Fury weighing in at 250 and 6'9 is a very different prospect.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:31 am

oxring wrote:

Furthermore - Fury has shown that he can fight on the inside and out. When has Audley shown he can fight on the inside?

Oxring could have easily finished the question at the word fight. Audley simply does not have what is required in the pro game. He has no faith in his chin and this dictates everything he does in the game. The guy has had more than enough opportunities and always fails to deliver when it matters, apart from a couple of times the big shot has landed, is not impossible the same happen in this one but is not really any reason to think Audley suddenly discovers how to actually throw punches.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:34 am

Scottrf wrote:Judith, wouldya?

He'll yes, she'd be sheer filth. And she's loaded

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 am

Now I know Harrison is utterly frustrating and never seems to want to fight, but people seem to be vastly overrating Fury on the basis that he outpointed a bloated Derek Chisora.

Although it was comfortable, he should have had him out of there, Chisora could barely breath after 5 rounds, and was a disgrace for turning up in worse condition that Fury.

Not that Harrison is any great shake, but Fury isn't either

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 am

Fury all day long for me, mainly due in part to Harrison being less than up for getting into a scrap and actually exhibiting signs of being a fighter

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 pm

JDandfries wrote:Now I know Harrison is utterly frustrating and never seems to want to fight, but people seem to be vastly overrating Fury on the basis that he outpointed a bloated Derek Chisora.

Although it was comfortable, he should have had him out of there, Chisora could barely breath after 5 rounds, and was a disgrace for turning up in worse condition that Fury.

Not that Harrison is any great shake, but Fury isn't either

OR - we're rating Fury because he became British and Commonwealth champ in his 14th fight and took on McDermott in his 8th fight. Sure, first fight arguably should have gone t'other way - but Fury solved matters second time around. He's 23. 23 for a HW is unreasonably young. He's got years to develop at his own pace.

Meanwhile Audley is 39 and a never-was. Albeit a world title challenger.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Audley Embarrison

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:49 pm

oxring wrote:Come on Alex?! When has Audley ever won a 50:50 fight? That was the Chisora that beat Sexton (1) and Williams. And why would Audley feel free to throw punches? If Fury can work out the southpaw stance - Audley will be outjabbed and beaten up all night.

Against Chisora - Fury stopped throwing power shots - he said afterwards he'd hurt his hands - and he was pulling his shots - watch it back and its true. Against Harrison - those punches would be enough to stop him. Fraudley doesn't have a chin for the ages by any means.

Guessing you're still not sold on Fury Alex - but Harrison hasn't shown us anything to make him a favourite. And he doesn't appear to do well as an underdog.

As for Barrett - the guy has only fought a handful of people with a winning record! 3 or 4 times out of 16? No wonder he walked onto Harrison's left - the guy has a feeble chin. His fit weight he only just makes the HW limit. Fury weighing in at 250 and 6'9 is a very different prospect.

Wasn't saying I think the fight is similar to Barrett, but I was saying I think the fight will go down the same route, Audley being rubbish doing nothing throwing nothing and then eventually landing the left hand, I just don't think Fury has the focus to have a a good defense and lest the actual boxing skills for the defense either...

Also with the fact that Fury's hands as you have said are brittle weighing up against him, he's realistically been outjabbed by a tiny in comparison and fat McDermott, beat him in a rematch and beaten a fat Chisora, I don't rate him highly at all. Chisora was most certainly not the fighter he was against Sexton and to be fair Chisora beat a shot Williams, please rewatch that fight and tell me he wasn't!

Just can see Audlye landing the big left on him, as long as he isn't in awe of the sheer size of Fury that is, I'm not saying Audley is actually good at all because he is the biggest let down since Englands 2010 World Cup campaign but I think he carries enough of a potent threat to beat Fury.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:09 pm

i dont think audely can take a punch anymore (not that he ever could), it will no than likely be his last fight at 39, and he is only interested in the money, just watch his last fight, he will go down at the first sign on trouble.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2