The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RFL announces help for Crusaders players

2 posters

Go down

RFL announces help for Crusaders players  Empty RFL announces help for Crusaders players

Post by Kenny Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:48 pm

The RFL have announced that Crusaders playing contracts after this season have been terminated ,the RFL have also given special dispensation to the overseas Crusaders players allowing them NOT to count on the overseas quota of any club wishing to sign them this dispensation will count for the length of a contract they sign at a future club .

With clubs looking to shape their squads for next season and with some clubs having already filled their overseas and non federation qoutas this announcement should make finding new clubs a lot easier for the Crusaders players, imo i think there will clubs queing up to sign them now .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

RFL announces help for Crusaders players  Empty Re: RFL announces help for Crusaders players

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 8:23 am

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:The RFL have announced that Crusaders playing contracts after this season have been terminated ,the RFL have also given special dispensation to the overseas Crusaders players allowing them NOT to count on the overseas quota of any club wishing to sign them this dispensation will count for the length of a contract they sign at a future club .

With clubs looking to shape their squads for next season and with some clubs having already filled their overseas and non federation qoutas this announcement should make finding new clubs a lot easier for the Crusaders players, imo i think there will clubs queing up to sign them now .
I know you won't agree with me, but this is a backward step for British Rugby League. I would like to see a year on year reduction in overseas players at clubs and in 5 years time have no overseas players here. Again in my opinion the likes of Wakefield and others will just use these loopholes as an excuse for not developing British players.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

RFL announces help for Crusaders players  Empty Re: RFL announces help for Crusaders players

Post by Kenny Sat 30 Jul 2011, 1:48 pm

I agree to a certain extent with you i think the number of overseas non quota players should be reduced , i dont think that it should get to no overseas players but definatley down to say 3-4 in a squad includung non quota . And definatley agree that clubs should have to have so many home grown players in their squads actually from their own academy/reserve teams . Clubs should be encouraged more by the RFL to promote players into 1st team squads not rely on buying players .

With regard to the Crusaders players i think that the RFL have in someway done a good thing and in someway a bad , i think it would of been wrong just to let them struggle to find clubs due to most clubs already way down the line with overseas recruitment , but also think that the contracts they may sign with future clubs should only be to the same length as they had with Crusaders if that makes sense .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 2:48 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:I agree to a certain extent with you i think the number of overseas non quota players should be reduced , i dont think that it should get to no overseas players but definatley down to say 3-4 in a squad includung non quota . And definatley agree that clubs should have to have so many home grown players in their squads actually from their own academy/reserve teams . Clubs should be encouraged more by the RFL to promote players into 1st team squads not rely on buying players .

With regard to the Crusaders players i think that the RFL have in someway done a good thing and in someway a bad , i think it would of been wrong just to let them struggle to find clubs due to most clubs already way down the line with overseas recruitment , but also think that the contracts they may sign with future clubs should only be to the same length as they had with Crusaders if that makes sense .
You do make some good points which i agree with.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down