The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderator required

+7
spikes and spokes
lsabre
teassoc
twominman
skimpton
Legend
ADMIN
11 posters

Go down

Moderator required Empty Moderator required

Post by ADMIN Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:23 pm

Hi all,

I’m aware of the issues that plagued the original 606 and over the last couple of days it seems to have been rearing its head here regarding the split camps between English and overseas athletics fans.
Firstly let me remind everyone that anything that is regarded as abusive or aggressive behaviour towards others either on the forum or via private message especially if it constitutes racist abuse shall be dealt with accordingly and can result in IP addresses banned from the site.
I created this site due to the BBC taking the decision to close 606 and I did not wish to lose contact with friends I had met in my time there, I made the decision to extend that to the other sporting communities on 606 as I felt other areas were probably the same as ours.
I think it’s about time that the athletics board had a self appointed moderator. This will be someone that you appoint and with there being 2 sides I would advise you choose someone that is regarded as a neutral and fair person. The moderator is answerable to the admin team and will be monitored themselves overtime. If anyone is unhappy with the moderators then can always contact myself or one of the other admins directly.
If you wish to become the moderator please post below and get another person to back you. All applicants received by 4pm Friday shall then be put forward to a public vote (who voted for who though shall remain confidential). I shall state again though that the applicant must not divide the camps, I do not wish to alienate one side simply by the other pushing through one of their members.

Thank you
Hero

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Moderator required Empty Re: Moderator required

Post by Legend Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:28 pm

Personally I would nominate Isabre, as he seems to always be on the athletics board and must have made at least half the posts on here thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Thu 17 Feb 2011, 9:43 pm

I say lsabre.
He makes a large contribution of posts, never gets abusive and gives reasoned arguments/debate.

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by twominman Fri 18 Feb 2011, 5:41 pm

I only came to this Board to read lsabre's reports and comments. If being a Moderator prevents him from having his say I'm not sure he should be one (:<

twominman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Feb 2011, 7:06 pm

welcome to the board twominman thumbsup
Its great to see you have joined and dont worry, becoming a mod wont affect that that person from posting reports, comments & views etc :friend:

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Fri 18 Feb 2011, 11:22 pm

Isabre is doing a terrific job here and I think would have the respect of the various posters.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 20 Feb 2011, 1:39 pm

As the overwhelming support is for lsabre and he has been a huge part of the site since it began.
I am more than happy to welcome him onto the mod team and I'm sure you'll all offer him a warm congratulations.

Last edited by Hero on Sun 20 Feb 2011, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sun 20 Feb 2011, 2:35 pm

Thankyou very much Hero! Cheers

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 2:37 pm

Congratulations lsabre :friend:
Thoroughly deserved.

Back to top Go down

Post by spikes and spokes Sun 20 Feb 2011, 3:33 pm

Hi flash

Good to see your usual thing of having a go at people even before they are memebrs fo a forum is in place. I see you do nto want anyone who does nto agree with your dislike of the NGB posting on here. Tough, if you are going to post on a forum having a go it is best to have both sides of a debate present so that people can make up their own minds.

Lsabre

Good to see your talent employed on here, from our debates both public and in private messaging on AW I think this forum is in very safe hands as far as independence and toleration of different views are concerned.

spikes and spokes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Sun 20 Feb 2011, 3:39 pm

Welcome to the Mod team lsabre. If you have any questions and the admins aren't around, feel free to drop me a line. thumbsup

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 4:55 pm

Congrats Isabre! Well deserve, a huge credit to this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sun 20 Feb 2011, 5:31 pm

Thankyou very much guys, I'll do my best! Cheers

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 6:10 pm

"Good to see your usual thing of having a go at people even before they are memebrs fo a forum is in place. I see you do nto want anyone who does nto agree with your dislike of the NGB posting on here. Tough, if you are going to post on a forum having a go it is best to have both sides of a debate present so that people can make up their own minds."

Thats an assumption that i or others are going to spoil this forum with politics, sorry to dissapoint you S&S but like I said this forum should ban any political posts or did you miss that bit?

On with athletics; I predict Johnathan Edwards T.J record going this year

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sun 20 Feb 2011, 6:30 pm

While I could see two triple jumpers over 18m this season, I don't really see anyone that can threaten Jonathan's world record of 18.29m - at least not yet.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:51 pm

Care to bet 50pence on that?

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Mon 21 Feb 2011, 1:08 am

A bet on whether Tamgho will get Jonathan's record or whether there will be two over 18m in the triple jump?

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 21 Feb 2011, 5:37 pm

I cant see his record going just yet, however, it is good to have athletes now that are capable of coming close

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Mon 21 Feb 2011, 10:06 pm

The season Jonathan set this 'extraterrestrial' world record of 18.29m at the final of the Worlds in Gothenburg (1995), having also set a wind-assisted 18.43 at the European Cup in the build-up, he was jumping distances in the 17.60-17.70 region for fun!!

Tamgho lies still a long way from that despite his 17.98m outdoors last season and until he starts jumping such distances with about as much ease I can't see him getting near Jonathan's mark.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Feb 2011, 11:11 am

I think he will beat his non wind assisted record, stick a plus two breeze on his back and Bobs yer aunty!

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Tue 22 Feb 2011, 1:39 pm

Not sure how well Tamgho handles pressure. Wouldn't be surprised to see that WR go but wouldn't necessarly bet on the Frenchman to do it. Could be our own Philips or one of several others. Also would not be surprised to see two or more over 18 metres, as standards seem to be edging up.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 25 Feb 2011, 11:04 pm

Firstly, congrats to Isabre, well deserved given you do the most to keep this forum alive.

On the Tamgho potential WC debate, I agree with Isabre, sure he's a great talent and may well break the record some day, but he needs first to be jumping 17:70 odd for fun. When you look at it, his 17:98 as good as it was is still 30 cm off Edwards's mark, and that's quite a lot in TJ terms.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get over 18m though. Can Idowu break the barrier too? He was impressive at the Europeans last year and handled the pressure way better than Tamgho, and he may need to leap 18m to beat him again, so don't bet against it...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sat 26 Feb 2011, 1:01 pm

Thankyou Chelsea man!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Feb 2011, 3:10 pm

I think Philips could break the 18m if he got a good breeze and threw caution to the wind!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperupdate Mon 21 Mar 2011, 5:42 pm

Y I Man wrote:welcome to the board twominman thumbsup
Its great to see you have joined and dont worry, becoming a mod wont affect that that person from posting reports, comments & views etc :friend:

I have been mod before on another site so I will be a good Super Mod on here. I be very fair to all members thumbsup

Hyperupdate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down