The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I never thought they could work as a Heel/Face...

+6
Aaronb33
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
NickisBHAFC
jomosactingcoach
Crimey
Gregers
10 posters

Go down

I never thought they could work as a Heel/Face... Empty I never thought they could work as a Heel/Face...

Post by Gregers Sat 30 Jul - 11:24

Which face/heel turns have worked far better than you ever thought they could?

I was thinking of this during SD! this week with the reaction that Sheamus got. I am totally digging him as a face now, which even 3 months ago I wouldnt have believed he could have pulled off.

Another recent example is R-Truth, from awfully irritating face to brilliant heel!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

I never thought they could work as a Heel/Face... Empty Re: I never thought they could work as a Heel/Face...

Post by Crimey Sat 30 Jul - 12:19

When Matt Hardy turned heel most recently against his brother and they had their match at 'Mania, I never thought Matt could have pulled that off as well as he did.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I never thought they could work as a Heel/Face... Empty Re: I never thought they could work as a Heel/Face...

Post by jomosactingcoach Sat 30 Jul - 14:41

Gregers wrote:Which face/heel turns have worked far better than you ever thought they could?

Another recent example is R-Truth, from awfully irritating face to brilliant heel!

R-Truth as a heel is brilliant no need for some cheap rapping gimmick when being mad as a hatter works so much better
jomosactingcoach
jomosactingcoach

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 30 Jul - 19:13

Going to sound strange but after the feud with HHH and the Mcmahon family at the start of 2009 i never thought we would see Orton as face again.

R Truth i never thought would be a good heel and yet is fantastic at his role.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sat 30 Jul - 21:05

Christian- Never thought he would work so well as a heel against Orton.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sun 31 Jul - 12:06

He may have tarnished his legacy a bit now but in '96, Hogan turning was THE shocker of the year, which is saying something considering how much happened in that year. Before the NWO got way too big and way too diluted, Hogan was the hottest man in wrestling, no question.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sun 31 Jul - 14:35

I never thought Trips would ever turn face after his long heel run in the 2000's he was genuinely hated by a lot of the crowd also the Rocks heel run after the second Hogan match was incredible and was much much better than his face days.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 31 Jul - 14:38

I never thought Batista's heel turn before he left would work. I thought he was far too over as a face to get over as a heel, but he was booked well and played it brilliantly.

Shame it came about a year too late.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 31 Jul - 15:34

Samo wrote:I never thought Batista's heel turn before he left would work. I thought he was far too over as a face to get over as a heel, but he was booked well and played it brilliantly.

Shame it came about a year too late.

I think Batista himself seemed much more confident and comfortable as a heel which made him better than he has ever been.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 31 Jul - 19:18

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:Christian- Never thought he would work so well as a heel against Orton.

I for one really dont think it is going aswell as it could be

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 31 Jul - 22:29

NickisBHAFC wrote:
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:Christian- Never thought he would work so well as a heel against Orton.

I for one really dont think it is going aswell as it could be

BUT it is going better than most thought it would...
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 1 Aug - 10:54

Gregers wrote:Which face/heel turns have worked far better than you ever thought they could?

I was thinking of this during SD! this week with the reaction that Sheamus got. I am totally digging him as a face now, which even 3 months ago I wouldnt have believed he could have pulled off.

I think Sheamus could be a great face, but I wish they had actually turned him. It's such a waste of a valuable storytelling tool to have someone go from heel to face without actually turning and without it being part of a storyline.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 1 Aug - 11:00

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:

I think Sheamus could be a great face, but I wish they had actually turned him. It's such a waste of a valuable storytelling tool to have someone go from heel to face without actually turning and without it being part of a storyline.

I think WWE are terrified of a face turn failing, and they wait for the crowd to start giving the guys positive reactions before they turn them because they don't want to try and turn somebody only for the crowd to still boo them. It's so much easier turning somebody heel than it is face.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down