The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steffans Caption Competition (Week 3) - Winner Announced

+13
HumanWindmill
no-mas
The Galveston Giant
TwisT
milkyboy
huw
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
razzaq
School Project
BALTIMORA
Scottrf
Steffan
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steffans Caption Competition (Week 3) - Winner Announced Empty Steffans Caption Competition (Week 3) - Winner Announced

Post by Steffan Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

Spoiler:

Result is called early as I cant do it on Friday now

And the winner is:

xTwisTx wrote:Amir's glove puppet whispers in Judahs ear. The disrespectful joke about Amy Winehouse and the now declining bee population disgusts him. Amir is consequently disqualified for punching "below the belt".

Well done xTwisTx. Give yourself a clap

As quite a few of you know this is last time I am doing the caption competition. Despite accusations of corruption, reports of it being 'dull' and claims that I stole it off Union Cane (which I unintentionally did I guess), iv enjoyed doing it the last 3 weeks. I have tried and clearly failed with this little project but il dust myself off and who knows maybe il think of something that will be a little more well received. As for now though - I quote Richard Nixon - "The interest of others must always come before any personal considerations"

If anyone wants to take over from me and do a caption competition yourself then crack on I got no complaints and will be happy to compete myself

Gentlemen it has been a pleasure

Regards

Steffan

Last edited by Steffan on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Steffans Caption Competition (Week 3) - Winner Announced Empty Re: Steffans Caption Competition (Week 3) - Winner Announced

Post by Scottrf Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:21 pm

"Despite pending inquiries into corruption in previous competitions, Steffan lets the competition run into a third week."

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Steffans Caption Competition (Week 3) - Winner Announced Empty Re: Steffans Caption Competition (Week 3) - Winner Announced

Post by Steffan Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

Scottrf wrote:"Despite pending inquiries into corruption in previous competitions, Steffan lets the competition run into a third week."

Iv told you before...you cant corrupt the incorruptible. Now either post a caption or get the hell off my thread Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:33 pm

"Go on Zab, do your Popeye impression again or I'll punch you in the knackers".

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

Steffan wrote:
Scottrf wrote:"Despite pending inquiries into corruption in previous competitions, Steffan lets the competition run into a third week."

Iv told you before...you cant corrupt the incorruptible. Now either post a caption or get the hell off my thread Very Happy
No.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:24 am

"Zab Judah was surprised by the power of Zab Judahs uppercut"

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Mon 01 Aug 2011, 7:55 am

BALTIMORA wrote:"Go on Zab, do your Popeye impression again or I'll punch you in the knackers".
Brilliant

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 01 Aug 2011, 8:19 am

"Come on Amir, smile now. This will make an incredibly boring picture for Steffan's caption competition".

Steffan, this isn't your finest work. Can't you at least find a vaguely interesting shot?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 01 Aug 2011, 9:29 am

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 01 Aug 2011, 9:43 am

Khan and Judah taking part in a completely hetrosexual competition to see who can masterbate the fastest whilst wearing boxing gloves.......and judging by his face Judah has just won

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:07 am

Cameraman once again steals the show in Steffans caption competition (week 3).

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 01 Aug 2011, 11:51 am

"By round 5 judah knew it was Poopie or bust, despite his severe constipation he bravely went for the Poopie option"

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 01 Aug 2011, 11:53 am

oh bless how sweet, my sh*t has been turned to poopie Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:38 pm

Amir's glove puppet whispers in Judahs ear. The disrespectful joke about Amy Winehouse and the now declining bee population disgusts him. Amir is consequently disqualified for punching "below the belt".

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 01 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

'' Zab suddenly hears the news that Steffans Caption Competition could be on it's final week''
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

Judah cant help but whince as Khan whispers how Union cane got shafted out of his own competition idea

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

" Don't tell anybody, but........................."

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:13 pm

"Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance."
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

********** ***** ****** *******- caption removed for legal reasons, as showed zab in a negative light, he claimed it was "below the belt"

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

"Yes, Katie Price made that face as well."

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:46 am

Winner Announced

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:33 am

Has it really been been badly received steffan? Just a bit of banter from what i could see.

Clearly from your winner's selections and my entries we have polar opposite senses of humour, so i was never going to win, but i think my ego can live with that... humour is a very personal thing.

go on... do another! Deep down despite the hurt, you know you want to Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

I would take it on, but I can't copy and paste on missus's iPad. At least I don't know how to.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 03 Aug 2011, 1:50 pm

I would be happy to take this on if all agreed. To be honest I'm not an encyclopedia when it comes to all things boxing related. But I like a good joke and banter. Plus that lack of boxing knowledge will make for "interesting" pictures Whistle

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

You get my vote xTwisTx.

If you get stuck for ideas there is always this...

Click Here For A Veritable Plethora of Caption Competition Ideas
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

What are you trying to say Union?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

I was trying to say :

"You get my vote xTwisTx.

If you get stuck for ideas there is always this...

Click Here For A Veritable Plethora of Caption Competition Ideas."

Why, what did it come out as?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

xTwisTx wrote:I would be happy to take this on if all agreed. To be honest I'm not an encyclopedia when it comes to all things boxing related. But I like a good joke and banter. Plus that lack of boxing knowledge will make for "interesting" pictures Whistle

You get my vote then. What can I (we) win?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:01 pm

Union, I'm not sure. It seemed as though...almost like...you were subtly hinting at something.

I personally am simply aggrieved that after the Primetime competition was won by an entry after the closing, this one has been won by disallowing several days worth of entries, many of which I'm sure would have been of an impeccably high standard.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

Personage?

Rolling Eyes

I think Twisty should set one up straight away, the quicker we abandon Steffan's thread the better.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

Union Cane wrote:Personage?

Rolling Eyes

I think Twisty should set one up straight away, the quicker we abandon Steffan's thread the better.

Stupid predictive auto-correct on my 'phone. I agree though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:07 pm

Rolling Eyes

So just because I'm no longer moonlighting as an Asian I get ignored. This poacher turned gamekeepr lark is hard yakka
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

You said you couldn't do it though you silly man.

Ok, sorry xTwIsTx, I vote for Michaels.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

I vote for Razzaq if he comes back. He was a great poster.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

I vote for me

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

Scottrf wrote:I vote for Razzaq if he comes back. He was a great poster.

Not sure if you are lacing this with your own particular brand of acerbic wit or not Scott, but I actually thought he was quite funny.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

To further my case i could provide such brilliance as:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQKiNi-B_Vr3vMJgvSdoevdtKX_eULnqDEl8PbidZNDIiIMRKa

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

Scottrf wrote:I vote for Razzaq if he comes back. He was a great poster.

Nearly as good as this one...

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:21 pm

...or especially for coxy, this one...
Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

Well that quietened you all down.

<hotdog><snowball>??
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:38 pm

Union Cane wrote:...or especially for coxy, this one...
Spoiler:

Where did you get that picture of my mum...... So embarrassing
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

I'll put my hat in the ring officially but feel it should go to a vote.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:47 pm

Here is my hat that I have proverbially thrown into the ring

Spoiler:

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:56 pm

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

I'm not sure I really get the winning caption.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:13 pm

I hadn't actually bothered to read it, but now that I have, I don't get it either.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:13 pm

Can someone please explain it..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

Something to do with her hair looking like a beehive?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:Something to do with her hair looking like a beehive?

Correct.....was a joke going round about her death bringing about a population decrease of bees due to them not being able to live in her barnet......tbh I was surprised i won Shocked

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:

Rolling Eyes

So just because I'm no longer moonlighting as an Asian I get ignored. This poacher turned gamekeepr lark is hard yakka

What Asian were you moonlighting as?

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next