The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harbhajan and Yuvraj out of Test Series

+4
activereactive
Smile
Hoggy_Bear
Gregers
8 posters

Go down

Harbhajan and Yuvraj out of Test Series Empty Harbhajan and Yuvraj out of Test Series

Post by Gregers Wed 03 Aug 2011, 1:32 pm

Bad news about Yuvraj, Mishra/Ojha over Harbhajan makes dropping Harbhajan easier

Thoughts?

Last edited by Gregers on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Harbhajan and Yuvraj out of Test Series Empty Re: Harbhajan and Yuvraj out of Test Series

Post by Hoggy_Bear Wed 03 Aug 2011, 1:36 pm

Probably doesn't make TOO much difference to India IMO.
Harbhajan has been poor, so Mishra probably won't be any worse, and one of Yuvraj or Raina were always going to be dropped for Sehwag anyway, this just makes the choice easier.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Harbhajan and Yuvraj out of Test Series Empty Re: Harbhajan and Yuvraj out of Test Series

Post by Smile Wed 03 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Probably doesn't make TOO much difference to India IMO.
Harbhajan has been poor, so Mishra probably won't be any worse, and one of Yuvraj or Raina were always going to be dropped for Sehwag anyway, this just makes the choice easier.

Sounds reasonable.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:35 pm

Oh for god sake, get that Abhinav wotsit out of the sqaud.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:06 pm

i thought before the series that india could dominate for the next few years Doh

now its gonna be england Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:41 pm

Only side I can see stopping England is South Africa
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 04 Aug 2011, 5:26 am

Liam

SA attack without Steyn is worse than the Indian attack without Zak.In other words they dont have strength in depth nor do they have a world class spinner atm.Tahir is still unproven at Test level.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:28 am

Liam_Main wrote:Only side I can see stopping England is South Africa

Sri lanka and Pakistan away are both potential banaskins that we havent really been preparing for.
England dont have a second spin option ready to step in ( patel looks like the current reserve, does he convince anyone hes test class?) or batsmen beyond Morgan who can deal with spinners. The Australia tour give me more confidence that our seamers can deal with the heat and flat wickets though.
West Indies at home should be a pushover. Even if the manage to make friends with their best players gaian they are still a poor side. Australia yet again? The worry there is that the Ashes wont be seen as such a big deal and complacency will step in ... an improved Australia could ambush England but I wouldnt bet my house on it.
South Africa in England...if Steyn is fit and they have Morkel back to his best this will be a stern test. England should be favourites but last time they came here those two were lethal. Tahir should be experienced by then , we'll know just how good he is or not. Maybe Kallis will have retired and maybe they will need a new keeper by then, but I suspect if England are numebr one theyd want to keep going to come here.
England in India ...winning there will be difficult. India will have had to replace a few of their big names by then though.

England have a very tough set of tests coming up. If they come through that lot without taking a beating then they really can claim to be a great side.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:29 am

shanky is right lol..
south africa has no depth to the seam bowling attack, and until tahir has proved himself at the highest level in tests, all they have is harris and botha....

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:56 am

cricketfan90 wrote:

shanky is right lol..
south africa has no depth to the seam bowling attack, and until tahir has proved himself at the highest level in tests, all they have is harris and botha....

Maybe they do have no depth but they do have Steyn....its a bit silly to write them off when they have a bowler who can singlehandedly beat any team.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

im not writing them off.... im just saying they have no strength in depth.. and of course it matters, cos if he gets injured, then south afrcia have no one decent to replace him!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

cricketfan90 wrote:im not writing them off.... im just saying they have no strength in depth.. and of course it matters, cos if he gets injured, then south afrcia have no one decent to replace him!
thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 7:01 pm

Think Lonwabo Tsotsobe is being underrated, last time when India went over, they managed to get through Steyn and Morkel up front, but Tsotsobe did them in. He's still fresh to test cricket, and with time at the international level, I think he'll improve.
Its not easy to replace someone like Steyn, but I think SA will have a few decent seamers available. Parnell looked a defenit prospect.
Also Tahir, if he continues the way he started out in ODI cricket, should be a handful.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down