The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to twitter or not to twitter

+5
Adam D
Lumbering_Jack
BALTIMORA
Dass
eddyfightfan
9 posters

Go down

to twitter or not to twitter Empty to twitter or not to twitter

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

love it or hate it, twitter is becoming more and more involved in boxing. i personally dont use it, i set up an account for the sole purpose of following a few boxers, but when i did i wasnt convinced most of the people were who they said they are. i read a few peoples accounts (like khan, harrison, haye) and was bored senseless by the posts.

it is now common place for boxers to call each other out over twitter, and even world title fights have been arranged through it (khan maidana, khan mccloskey). 2 of the guys fighting in prizefighter got the gig through said social networking site and im sure there are coutless other examples im unaware of where boxers have managed to talk there way into fights that wouldnt have been possible before twitter.

a few fighter have received negative attension through comments, amir khan been the prime example.

does anyone think this is a good way of arranging fights, creating fan interest, creating rivalrys between boxers and passing information on to fans? personally i think most of the time people arguing on twitter come across very badly, the mis information is usually wrong and it would be best if twitter was never invented.

does anyone use/like twitter and think its a good thing for the sport?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

to twitter or not to twitter Empty Re: to twitter or not to twitter

Post by Dass Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:00 pm

I like the concept of twitter I just find the actual execution to be completely boring and mundane.

Its now been relegated to my box of "Things that sound good in theory..." alongside communism & Amir Khan among others.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

I can't stand Twitter, find it one of the most inane and boring experiences I've suffered. As for whether or not it's important; well I can't possibly imagine a time without it. How gloved boxing survived for over a hundred years before boxers were able to inform the world of their breakfast in the space of seconds, I'll never fathom.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:22 pm

the only good thing i can see from it is that sometimes fighters get that worked up over it we see some fights that we wouldnt otherwise see. saying that if they fought the best opposition avalible to them we wouldnt need it

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:10 pm

Why would I care what a total stranger is eating for dinner. Zero interest for me. The same goes for Facebook. Had an account and was just pestered by people I didnt like. All of my friends were on the end of a text message anyway.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:18 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Why would I care what a total stranger is eating for dinner. Zero interest for me. The same goes for Facebook. Had an account and was just pestered by people I didnt like. All of my friends were on the end of a text message anyway.

Both of them have mobile phones?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

Hobo wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Why would I care what a total stranger is eating for dinner. Zero interest for me. The same goes for Facebook. Had an account and was just pestered by people I didnt like. All of my friends were on the end of a text message anyway.

Generous.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

I like the idea of twitter but the thought of grown ups calling each other names over it makes me want to kill everyone in the world, beginning with them and ending with me.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:44 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I like the idea of twitter but the thought of grown ups calling each other names over it makes me want to kill everyone in the world, beginning with them and ending with me.

and that is different to 606v2 exactly? Have you not seen Balti, steffan, coxy, trussman etc go at it? Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:47 pm

Haha, so true.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:10 pm

On a personal level I don't see the point of it but for the purpose of a forum like this then it makes sense to try and get an in depth look into the fighters of today.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:58 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Generous.

Brilliant.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:36 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:On a personal level I don't see the point of it but for the purpose of a forum like this then it makes sense to try and get an in depth look into the fighters of today.

Have to agree here. I became bored very quickly when I had a look on Twitter, but it's proved great for patting the fans on here interact with the boxers.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:39 pm

I'll happily use Facebook but all you can do on Twitter is post inane drivel that no one really cares about, far more difficult to keep in touch with people on it as well as opposed to good ol' FB.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:42 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I'll happily use Facebook but all you can do on Twitter is post inane drivel that no one really cares about, far more difficult to keep in touch with people on it as well as opposed to good ol' FB.

That's the thing, it's just a way for celebrities to say "look at me". Again.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

I don't really care what any boxer has to say on their but it's useful to get the interaction for our Q and A's, in most cases they come across terribly anyway on there.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:57 pm

the thing that put me off from the few fighters i looked at was i read what they wrote, and though either this is not them, or i dont wanna know what this person is like.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down