The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rash purchase, advice / justification sought...

+2
JPX
barragan
6 posters

Go down

rash purchase, advice /  justification sought... Empty rash purchase, advice / justification sought...

Post by barragan Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 pm

hi all
just been in town with my missus and popped into the local golf centre. emerged after a rash purchase with a set of second hand mizuno mp32's which have been well looked after. truth is i've been thinking about a new set of fitted irons for a wee while and have a fancy for some blades. i figured that picking up a cheap set to try out for a couple of months would be an ideal way to talk myself into/out of it. of course i might fall for the 32's and just save my pennies. anyone got any experience with them? be interested to hear if they're any good or if i'm wasting my time.

barragan

Back to top Go down

rash purchase, advice /  justification sought... Empty Re: rash purchase, advice / justification sought...

Post by JPX Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:06 pm

The MP32's are my favourite set of irons, ever. I got a set when they first came out in they have been in the bag every since, and I have the 62's and 68's in the cupboard.......but they just can't get into my bag!

I even wore the grooves out on my first so bought a brand new set just before the 62's replaced them in the Mizuno line up. Obviously, everyone is different but I absolutely love them.

JPX

Back to top Go down

rash purchase, advice /  justification sought... Empty Re: rash purchase, advice / justification sought...

Post by drive4show Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I've got the MP60's which are a close relative of the 32's. The good thing is, they are highly desirable irons so if you decide you don't like them you'll get your money back by selling them on.

Or if you do like them, you could get them custom fitted which would be cheaper than buying a new set.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:00 pm

I have been using the MP37 blades now for over 5 years, and I am very reluctant to change them, I have had a look at the 68s, but when you are playing well, why change. Good luck with your 32s

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:28 am

thanks chaps. was down at the range for a quick try out last night and the results were good. loving the feel and flight off the 3 and 5 irons. tried out the 7 and 9 too with slightly more mixed results. figure this might be down to the different appearance v's my current titleists. anyway theyre back in the practice bag for now as i've a medal today then again on sunday. got a couple of weeks before the next hcp counter after that so will make the switch on sunday night and will hopefully get some range and course time before the next comp. hopefully i've just picked up bargain of the century. never seen a decent set of blades for less than 200 let alone less than 100!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:07 am

Where did you get them ban bam?

As far as I know the only place to get second hand clubs in edinburgh is the charity shops. You could go to american golf but they would have charged you about £500 for secondhand mp 32's.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 pm

golf centre in inverness - a gold mine for second hand clubs. pro at culcabok is also excellent.
pretty surprised at the deal, still trying to work out the catch, but they seem genuine. picked up quite a few bargains from there in the past. generally a lot cheaper than edinburgh prices.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm

You can get MP68's brand new for £350 at the moment, as they're old stock lines they're being sold cheap.

I saw a brand new set of 32's available for £250 a month or two ago.

I played 32's for a while and they were fantastic, wish I'd never got rid of them.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Of, I just assumed you got them in Edinburgh as your location is listed as edinburgh.

It is true that edinburgh is not great for fairly priced golf equipment.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 pm

week holiday on the black isle. back to edinburgh tomorrow. often get equipment up in inverness as its usually excellent value.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 pm

well, been out with the new sticks the last couple of nights:
5 holes on monday, was -1 and striking them very well.
12 holes last night, was +2 and again striking the ball really well.

the test will be when i have a day not swinging it as well, but on first assessment they seem much more forgiving than my old titleist 990's. long irons especially are a dream - happy boy!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down