The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart of Down next week

2 posters

Go down

Heart of Down next week Empty Heart of Down next week

Post by Supersixfive Thu 04 Aug 2011, 6:49 pm

Anyone playing in it? It is my third wrestle with the tournament and absolutely love it. Also I have pre qualified for Royal County Down next friday and really looking forward to it. Played it twice and 28 points is my record to beat this year. Have to say the hardest and best golf course I have ever played!!
If anyone is playing, good luck and will maybe catch up with you
Smile
Super65

Supersixfive

Back to top Go down

Heart of Down next week Empty Re: Heart of Down next week

Post by drive4show Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:05 pm

Enjoy65!

I played Coasts of Down last year and qualified for RCD championship course. It's supreme, absolutely stunning piece of golf design. I also managed 28 points first time round, greens were poor though after the really harsh winter last year. Hopefully in good nick for you this year thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Supersixfive Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

Good to hear from you D4S, have to say much as I think 606v2 is better than v1 I haven't been contributing, but good to be back! RCD was in superb nick last year and as an extra treat the wife has bought me two nights stay in the slieve donard hotel right next to RCD whilst inplay golf that week. Really looking forward to it as Spa and Ardglass are also belting courses and Downpatrick not too shabby! Will be hoping for decent score I broke 90 points for three rounds last year and on courses you don't know and tough when wind is blowing I thought I played ok. In fact 3 rounds if 36 would probably win it!

it is deal of the century 5 days of competitive golf and a round at RCD for £120 where on earth do you beat that for a deal?

Cheer buddy I will have a pint o black for you

Supersixfive

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:59 pm

I really enjoyed Ardglass as well, belter of a course and seems to keep itself under the radar. There was a complete bandit when I played last year, scored over 40 points in all 3 rounds in an absolute gale, was playing off some joke of a handicap around 20 or so. Killed the competition dead right from the first round.

Enjoy my pint of black stuff Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Supersixfive Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

Last year was won by a French bloke who had a huge score at ardglass in a gale, but the tournament officials cut his handicap and brought him back to the pack. Kept it competitive but I think he still won! I enjoy the craic and playing with different people every day

Supersixfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down