The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England V Wales: A Friendly, Who Are You Kidding.

+21
flyhalffactory
Adam D
majesticimperialman
The Lord Baron Edwood
BigTrevsbigmac
Taffineastbourne
The_Hound_of_Harrow
lostinwales
maestegmafia
deadfred
dummy_half
TrailApe
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Impossible Standards
mr_stonelea
Effervescing Elephant
Mr Thunder
TheGreyGhost
mckay1402
Knackeredknees
redrugbyexile
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

England V Wales: A Friendly, Who Are You Kidding. - Page 2 Empty England V Wales: A Friendly, Who Are You Kidding.

Post by redrugbyexile Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Yes, best of luck to both teams on saturday, but dont kid yourself, there is no such thing as a friendly between these two teams. At best their is a grudging respect for each other, but for most Welshmen there is no bigger scalp than Englands (NZ apart and that is because it has been so long - no other reason). For all English, take that as a compliment and not a WUM.

I for one will not be looking for a good workout, new combinations, promising stuff etc. etc.

A defeat of England is the mimimum requirement to take confidence into the next game and then the World Cup. Wales need to put their marker down and go on a massive upward curve. Its now or never time, right here right now.

Bring it on.

redrugbyexile

Back to top Go down

England V Wales: A Friendly, Who Are You Kidding. - Page 2 Empty Re: England V Wales: A Friendly, Who Are You Kidding.

Post by The Lord Baron Edwood Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:25 pm

So this is where you all went after 606 died!

Interesting comments from Gats in the Telegraph about the impact of those two pre-RWC defeats (in 2003 and 2007) on Wales by England. I hope he has his eye on the RWC and not just trying to reverse those decisions. I think Jonno has used this match wisely- a defeat won't be the end of the world and he'll have a better idea about who to take to NZ.

The Lord Baron Edwood

Back to top Go down

England V Wales: A Friendly, Who Are You Kidding. - Page 2 Empty Re: England V Wales: A Friendly, Who Are You Kidding.

Post by majesticimperialman Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:16 pm

It as been said before that Wales on their day can beet anyone.

Will tomorrow be the day that Wales will be on their day?

Does any one what day that will be? Erm

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Griff wrote:Why go back to the Samoa game in 2009? Seems silly to me, 2 years ago is a long time in rugby. We can all pick games over the years where we've struggled, like England v Argentina recently. Nothing to do with this argument though.

I picked game that Wales drew, as oppossed to the one they had lost heavily which someone else bought up. And I get accussed of picking results to make wales look bad?

Its this kind of logic that makes me wonder what smoking leeks does to the brain

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20 pm

majesticimperialman wrote: It as been said before that Wales on their day can beet anyone.

Its just not been there day for 50 years right, man thats an unklucky side.

This welsh side can bat england though.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 pm

The Lord Baron Edwood wrote:So this is where you all went after 606 died!

Interesting comments from Gats in the Telegraph about the impact of those two pre-RWC defeats (in 2003 and 2007) on Wales by England. I hope he has his eye on the RWC and not just trying to reverse those decisions. I think Jonno has used this match wisely- a defeat won't be the end of the world and he'll have a better idea about who to take to NZ.

welcome Lord Edwood OK

Where have you been and tell others now you found us!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 pm

majesticimperialman wrote: It as been said before that Wales on their day can beet anyone.

Madge
"beet"
as in beetroot ................ maybe beetroot and leek pie, beetroot ale, beetroot jam

similar to leek or maybe leak
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Baron Edwood Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Hello Hobo, had a bit of a hiatus from message board posting and must have missed all the 606 threads suggesting where to decamp to. Tried some other board but didn't like it much. Lots of old faces here- even from Scrum V it seems and everyone talking like grown ups! I hope it lasts and I'll try not to lower the tone.

The Lord Baron Edwood

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:30 pm

The Lord Baron Edwood wrote:Hello Hobo, had a bit of a hiatus from message board posting and must have missed all the 606 threads suggesting where to decamp to. Tried some other board but didn't like it much. Lots of old faces here- even from Scrum V it seems and everyone talking like grown ups! I hope it lasts and I'll try not to lower the tone.

You can try but none of us will be relying on that...
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Baron Edwood Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi Gareth, it is YOU isn't it? Hope you're well!

The Lord Baron Edwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:41 pm

I can only hope that England will be as bad at rugby tomorrow, as your command of your language is tonight.

Does any one what day that will be? Beet? As been?

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:51 pm

If you are going to criticise someones command of the english language it's best not to follow your mail with; Does "any one" know what day that will be thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Have a word with yourself Ruby. I've even quoted his words.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 pm

RubyGuby wrote:If you are going to criticise someones command of the english language it's best not to follow your mail with; Does "any one" know what day that will be thumbsup

Yes it is best not to criticise!

I am an Economist not an English teacher but

Ahem!

I think you will find it is someone's (not someones) - is a possessive form and a correct form

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 pm

I knew we'd get a few biters, keep them coming - someone's got to fall for it cider

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 pm

The Lord Baron Edwood wrote:Hi Gareth, it is YOU isn't it? Hope you're well!

nj is very well thanks. Hope you're doing well, you're wasted in the States you need to get back to England!

nottins_jones

"His name's Henry Jones Jnr... We named the dog nottins."
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:38 am

Trev - we all thought it was a try at the time - the pub (full of Wasps fans Cool erupted, but we knew it wouldn't be given after the replays. Great effort by Bennett, because I doubt if Wales could have come back had the try been awarded.

Let's hope for a good game later today.
thumbsup

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:37 am

Peter Wheeler, I see what you've done, you've messed up with poor knowledge. You meant the Fiji draw last autumn, but said Samoa who we played and beat about 2 years ago. You really need to do you your research a bit better first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:12 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:It's true that the MS NZ v Wales game was the closest game on tour. But say they put up more opposition than Scotland's 50-0 drubbing or whatever it was is hardly saying much. Aside from which NZ was questionably penalised from the get-go (such great calls as "Penalty Wales! Stephen Jones has fallen over!") by the ref who notably hasn't been selected for RWC duties.

You know which ref WAS notably selected for RWC duties don't you GG?...your favourite Wink

Looking forward to the game and seeing how Manu Tuilagi gets on. Saw a brief interview with him and he sounds, and i don't meant this to sound unkind, stupid to the point of barely being able to function as a human being. Is that unnecessarily unkind? Anyway, must have a few screws loose to have plumped for the Red Rose.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Come on then Madge. When will that day be? Will you admit your mistake and accept that on our day we can BEET anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 pm

alright baron long time no see

anyway why are we talking about NZ no point worrying about that now lets party because bennet played well and wales won?!

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2