The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is everyone's prediction for top 6 teams?

+17
Pahars17
Shot 21 LCFC
Legend
Enforcer
Dx Dan.
dyrewolfe
The_Essence_of_Excellence
Soldier_Of_Fortune
hodge
JDandfries
Fernando
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sodhat
Thomond
Crimey
Kay Fabe
TopoftheChops
21 posters

Go down

What is everyone's prediction for top 6 teams? Empty What is everyone's prediction for top 6 teams?

Post by TopoftheChops Sat 06 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

Mine is:

1.Leicester
2.West ham
3.Forest
4.Blackpool
5.Ipswich
6.Reading

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

What is everyone's prediction for top 6 teams? Empty Re: What is everyone's prediction for top 6 teams?

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 06 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

1. Leicester City
2. Leeds United
3. West Ham United
4. Cardiff City
5. Blackpool
6. Ipswich Town

Last edited by the-gaffer on Sat 06 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

What is everyone's prediction for top 6 teams? Empty Re: What is everyone's prediction for top 6 teams?

Post by Crimey Sat 06 Aug 2011, 3:18 pm

1. West Ham United
2. Leicester
3. Nottingham Forest
4. Leeds United
5. Blackpool
6. Ipswich

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 5:02 pm

Leicester, West Ham, Brighton, Millwall, Ipswich and Blackpool. Not in that order though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 06 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

Leeds haven't brought in enough players to compete for promotion. 2 down to Southampton FFS!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 06 Aug 2011, 6:35 pm

1. West Ham (bias...)
2. Leicester City
3. Birmingham
4. Ipswich
5. Nottm Forest
6. Leeds

Birmingham had a bad start but they aren't a bad team and have a decent enough manager to break the top 6. Maybe 3rd is a bit optimistic, but I think it's fag-paper thin this year at the top.

West Ham may slip in my predictions after tomorrow. A good start is a must for us.

Brighton or Reading are my 'dark horses' to get close though (if a play off finalist is a dark horse).

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

1. West Ham
2. Leicester
3. Ipswich
4. Brighton
5. Blackpool
6. Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:19 am

Two promoted sides Demon in the top 6?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:25 am

yes indeed Leaky.

The newly promoted sides from League 1 tend to do very well in the Championship these days, and it's not unusual to see the back-to-back promotions. And Brighton and Southampton both play a lovely style of football and both have a good football structure in place - particularly with good stadiums, and in Southampton's case - a fantastic youth set-up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:04 pm

1. forest
2. blackpool
3. west ham
4. ipswich
5. burnley
6. leicester

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:08 pm

Electric Demon wrote:yes indeed Leaky.

The newly promoted sides from League 1 tend to do very well in the Championship these days, and it's not unusual to see the back-to-back promotions. And Brighton and Southampton both play a lovely style of football and both have a good football structure in place - particularly with good stadiums, and in Southampton's case - a fantastic youth set-up.

I have Brighton down as my dark horses, and with a new stadium and good boss reckon they might be at the top end come May.

Interested you still put West Ham top, even after yesterday's blip -- nice to see someone has faith!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:17 pm

The first day, even the first month means nothing.

It's a long season down in the old Championship - and your boys are going to take a little while to adapt to the different game. But once they do there'll be no stopping them I reckon because it's a quality team.

I just hope you're still cold next week and we can catch you out (Watford) Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:23 pm

1. N Forest
2. Leicester
3. Ipswich
4. Cardiff
5. Middlesbrough
6. Southampton

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

A strong possiblity I'd say. If you can defend even a little bit I think we may struggle to put the ball in the net. Hopefully Carew can come good for us and get some goals -- he should be too good for the division but his attitude may be crucial.

Decent result for your boys Saturday I reckon, and there are no easy games in this league, that's for sure.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm

It should feel like a great result - but throwing away a 2 goal lead makes it feel less like one. Same old Watford every season - can never hold onto leads.

But I expected a loss away at Burnley - so in that respect it is a good result

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 08 Aug 2011, 2:35 pm

1) West Ham United
2) Leicester City
3) Reading (If they keep hold of Long)
4) Nottingham Forest
5) Birmingham City
6) Ipswich Town

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 08 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

JDandfries wrote:1. N Forest
2. Leicester
3. Ipswich
4. Cardiff
5. Middlesbrough laughing
6. Southampton

Surprised to my post hasnt been editted by the mods this morning!

1. Leicester
2. West Ham
3. Blackpool
4. Cardiff
5. Southampton
6. Ipswich

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Essence_of_Excellence Mon 08 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

Leicester
West Ham
Forrest
Southampton
Cardiff
Reading

Put a cheeky bet on at the weekend...£10 that Man City, Leicester and Huddersfield win their leagues returning £1850 OK

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 08 Aug 2011, 3:05 pm

Im sure that is meant as a WUM at me, but I will give you the benefit of teh doubt.

However, we will not win the league, our squad is very small, and in the main too young and our best hope is the playoffs!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Essence_of_Excellence Mon 08 Aug 2011, 3:23 pm

Leicester are gonna do it this year providing Sven doesnt go nuts- you took our (Palace) best player Neil Danns who is technically one of the best in the league and strengthened in other areas.

Who do people see going down- would love the Seaweed to go down but its not gonna happen!

I have:

Palace
----------------
Peterborough
Donny
Barnsley

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 08 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

I think the following for relegation

Blackpool
Coventry
Brighton

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:37 pm

Hmm. My Top 6 are:

1. Leicester
2. Blackpool
3. Ipswich
4. Leeds
5. West Ham
6. Middlesbrough

Relegation candidates:

Peterborough
Crystal Palace
Bristol City
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:20 pm

Relegation:

Crystal Palace
Peterborough
Doncaster

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Mon 08 Aug 2011, 6:47 pm

1. West Ham
2. Leicester
3. Nottingham Forest
4. Blackpool
5. Ipswich
6. Southampton.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:23 pm

Why is everyone going for Ipswich? I do support them, but why do you think they will do well?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:32 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:Why is everyone going for Ipswich? I do support them, but why do you think they will do well?

You guys looked good last season when i watched you and you've added to the squad despite losing Wickham, even though he didnt do much that game

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:34 pm

hodge wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:Why is everyone going for Ipswich? I do support them, but why do you think they will do well?

You guys looked good last season when i watched you and you've added to the squad despite losing Wickham, even though he didnt do much that game

Which game did you see hodge?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:05 pm

LAST YEARS Bristol City game

didn't got saturday i have cricket till early september

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 09 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

In no particular order:

West Ham
Derby
Leicester
Ipswich
Brighton
Birmingham

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:49 am

1. Leicester
2. Nottingham Forest
3. West Ham
4. Brighton
5. Blackpool
6. Ipswich
-----------------------
22. Crystal Palace
23. Doncaster
24. Peterborough
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:46 am

Glad to see we have been in everyone top 6 prediction so far Very Happy . And to the Crystal Palace fan, yeah Neil Danns does seem to be a class player OK . What do you think of Aleksander Tunchev (not sure if he even started for you!!), let me tell you he was a fantastic player for us before he got injured and I personally think he is one of our best defenders still! Quality addition there, he should do well for you.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pahars17 Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:48 am

West Ham
Ipswich
Leicester
Southampton
Cardiff
Blackpool

-----------------

Doncaster
Peterborough
Coventry

Pahars17

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 18 Aug 2011, 1:39 pm

Southampton
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares

Seriously though, great start to the season by Saints. Yes indeed, very early days but confidence is brimming and they have an excellent setup with a great boss in Adkins. Playing very attractive football and managed to hold onto all the key players in the transfer window so far. Great bit of business selling Ox-Chamberlayne for such an inflated fee, personally I thought he was overrated anyway. If they can spend that £12m wisely then I can see them staying at the top end of the league all season.

Good times to be a Saints fan again Very Happy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 18 Aug 2011, 1:52 pm

After last night, take out Leicester from the promotion places, shockingly bad

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pahars17 Thu 18 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

drive4show wrote:Southampton
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares

Seriously though, great start to the season by Saints. Yes indeed, very early days but confidence is brimming and they have an excellent setup with a great boss in Adkins. Playing very attractive football and managed to hold onto all the key players in the transfer window so far. Great bit of business selling Ox-Chamberlayne for such an inflated fee, personally I thought he was overrated anyway. If they can spend that £12m wisely then I can see them staying at the top end of the league all season.

Good times to be a Saints fan again Very Happy

Glad to see I'm not the only Saint here. Very Happy Hardly any life in the Championship section of this website though, bit disappointing.

Pahars17

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:12 pm

agree its dissapointing, not sure if there is another city fan on here, most football teams have their own forum though.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:26 pm

The section can only get better if everybody tries to contribute, I have tried hard to get the Premier League section moving, I will try harder with the Championship, but I don't think I know enough about it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2011, 7:41 pm

There's a few West Ham supporters who I'm sure will make a few more posts if we win three games in a row Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:10 pm

I know it is still early days but if I had said a month ago that Southampton and Derby would be joint top, would you have had me carted off to a mental asylum? Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:19 pm

Ipswich haven't done their goal difference much good this evening.... Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:36 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:There's a few West Ham supporters who I'm sure will make a few more posts if we win three games in a row Shocked
Doh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:42 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:I know it is still early days but if I had said a month ago that Southampton and Derby would be joint top, would you have had me carted off to a mental asylum? Laugh

Quite probably Steve! Laugh

Very impressive start from those two and I'm also impressed with the way Brighton, Posh and Palace have started.

Mind you, if you'd said Boro would be 3rd and unbeaten after 4 games, I'd have said you need your medication increased. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 04 Oct 2011, 7:24 pm

Southampton
Middlesbrough
Derby
West Ham
Brighton
Hull

who would have guessed those teams as the top 6 at the moment!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

1) West Ham United - 4th
2) Leicester City - 8th
3) Reading (If they keep hold of Long) - 15th, but said if they had kept long
4) Nottingham Forest - 21st
5) Birmingham City - 17th
6) Ipswich Town - 10th

oh dear, 3 in the top 10 and only 1 in top 6

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:08 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:Southampton
Middlesbrough
Derby
West Ham
Brighton
Hull

I backed Boro to win it back in August, West ham second and fancied Brighton as my dark horse. I also had Brum as strugglers. Derby have surprised me the most.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:45 pm

Dont worry. Leicester are coming good now. We are unbeaten in 8 and kept 4 clean sheets in the last 4 games.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 05 Oct 2011, 7:37 pm

Ipswich are doing well now so I can see us finishing in the playoffs.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:Southampton
Middlesbrough
Derby
West Ham
Brighton
Hull

Out of those 6, only West Ham featured heavily in peoples' pre-season predictions. Southampton and Brighton are real surprise packages (Middlesbrough too, if I'm honest - can't believe we've gone 10 games unbeaten! Shocked ).

Derby either seem to be awful or brilliant...right now they're looking very handy and could well finish in the top 6. I fancy Hull to drop out at some point.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:52 pm

Hull and Brighton will drop out, and think S'ton and Boro Sorry will also fall, but maybe not out of the top 6

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 12:59 am

Leeds building themselves back into it now after a slightly poor start.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down