The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SRU ticket farce

+2
Thomond
RDW
6 posters

Go down

SRU ticket farce Empty SRU ticket farce

Post by RDW Sat 06 Aug 2011, 6:34 pm

How come the SRU manage to make such a mess of things?

They announce for the first time in a while that there will be ticket sales on match day and they make an absolute mess of it. I arrived at the east stand turnstiles about 20 minutes before kick off (I already had tickets luckily) and what I saw was what looked like a caravan with 3 or 4 people in it selling match day tickets - the queue stretched all the way back to the bridge leading away to Gorgie (at least 200m) with no sign of moving fast.

If you are going to sell tickets on match day why of so few people selling them? The kick off was delayed 15 minutes because of it! That is extremely bad!

The thing that really annoyed me was ticket collection. I had managed to persuade two friends from Glasgow to come through for the game and bring their friends too. Because they were from Glasgow they had to pick up pre booked tickets on the day. They arrived 20 minutes before kick off and were greeted by a massive queue for ticket collection. They spent a while queuing and, having not moved anywhere, gave up on their tickets and bought tickets off a guy trying to flog them on the street! Both set of guys had to do that because they knew they would miss a good chunk of the beggining of the game and they didn't want to wait in such a massive queue in the rain.

So come on SRU stop being such a shambles - this isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

SRU ticket farce Empty Re: SRU ticket farce

Post by Thomond Sat 06 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm

You should ask the GAA about this. Dublin fans have been coming last minute for years. The methadone clinics close early on Sundays, so they can only spend a limited time there.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 06 Aug 2011, 6:51 pm

The right decision by the SRU, but administered incompetently. Who'd have thought!!?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston Exile Sat 06 Aug 2011, 7:44 pm

I despair at the SRU's ability to fail to execute. At least they made a good decision. When will they ever get it right?

Boston Exile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 06 Aug 2011, 7:58 pm

If your going to an International match you can't really be suprised if you arrive at the last minute and have to queue!
I used to go 2 hours early and get my tickets, even for quiet games in Cardiff. Maybe the Scottish fans could of applied the same level of common sense.
Though Scotland could possibly copy Wales lead and start selling tickets in Super markets.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:33 pm

Sorry, RDW - I have to disagree with you on this one. If people can't drag themselves out of the boozer more than 30 mins before kick off they don't derserve to have the game held up for them.
I was at the ticket office about midday and there was a
steady flow of punters and we must have waited all of 20 seconds before being served. No problems there at all.
I like the idea of selling tickets on the day but it makes sense to close the sales hatch an hour before ko or, as AD says, let's get the tickets sold in Tescos

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down