The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions.

3 posters

Go down

Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions. Empty Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions.

Post by Shifty Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions.

Ospreys.
Link to Prices.
Cheapest £165 - half way line, lower tier.
Match day ticket £20

Dragons.
Link to Prices
Cheapest £160 - Behind the post terracing.
£275 - near half way line, Hazell stand.
Match Day £20-£23
Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions. Newpor10

Blues.
Link To Prices.
Cheapest £220
Match Day £22

Scarlets.
Link to Prices.
Cheapest £240
Match Day £20

Last edited by AlynDavies on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions. Empty Re: Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions.

Post by Shifty Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

I was looking at a Dragons one, but I was amazed at the price of £275 at this point for a ticket in the Hazell stand. It isn't actually much worse off you paying for each individual game on a game by game basis.
Do you think they may be better and trying to get more season ticket holders by going at similar prices to the Ospreys?
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions. Empty Re: Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions.

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

That isn't the cheapest season ticket price at the Scarlets!

It's £17 for a walk up terracing ticket, and my terracing season ticket is £160.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:That isn't the cheapest season ticket price at the Scarlets!

It's £17 for a walk up terracing ticket, and my terracing season ticket is £160.

Ah, I was talking from the decent seats near the half way line, not the standing areas behind the posts. Early bird prices also don't apply at the moment for most region mate.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

there aren't any standing areas behind the posts at Y Parc Alyn. They're all along the North Stand, I always get a standing spot by the halfway line.

And witht he Scarlets, the early bird offer only finished on the 5th August I think, could have been later, doubt many paid full price for theirs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:09 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:there aren't any standing areas behind the posts at Y Parc Alyn. They're all along the North Stand, I always get a standing spot by the halfway line.

And witht he Scarlets, the early bird offer only finished on the 5th August I think, could have been later, doubt many paid full price for theirs.

Sorry I was looking at it from the Dragons seating perspective.
Generally they are the choice seats, on the half way, 10 metre line.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

get you now Alyn, but I still doubt many Scarlets fans paid full price, you'd be better looking at the early bird prices OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:get you now Alyn, but I still doubt many Scarlets fans paid full price, you'd be better looking at the early bird prices OK

In general terms I agree, however I have missed the deadlines now Crying or Very sad
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:38 am

On the day tickets are where the Ospreys let themselves down imo. They should charge, say £10-13 for adults and a fiver for the kids to sit in the South stand behind the sticks. At least give it a trial to see if does improves attendances at the Liberty.. Headscratch
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

Breadvan wrote:On the day tickets are where the Ospreys let themselves down imo. They should charge, say £10-13 for adults and a fiver for the kids to sit in the South stand behind the sticks. At least give it a trial to see if does improves attendances at the Liberty.. Headscratch

I think the regions let themselves down in a lot of ways.
The walk up ticket prices are far too high compared to season ticker prices especially for the occasional fan. While the concessions prices compared to normal prices are just plain silly. I really don't understand why a child, a pensioner, a student or a diabled person who takes up one seat, should pay so much less than someone who is a normal adult, who also takes up one seat. Secondly pensioners, students, children and disabled people normally have more disposable income based on a lot of them being subsidised by benefits, while working age people get taxed to death and are normally struggling to put food on the table.

The regions seem determined to take casual fans out of the game altogether.
But they don't realise, is that you become interested in rugby, then attend a few games, before finally becoming season ticket holders, you work your way up. the only other way is too be successful and hope people jump on a bandwagon, but when your in a league with Scottish, Irish, and Italian teams success won't always go to Welsh teams.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

I paid £160 for the Hazel terracing. The ops prices for the Dragons seem to be incorrect.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:41 am

rhino-dragon wrote:I paid £160 for the Hazel terracing. The ops prices for the Dragons seem to be incorrect.

Yup my point was a seat in the Ospreys stand is £160 also. So to stand in the Hazel is £160, or to sit in the Ospreys East stand in equal. The Hazel looks a bit squashed also.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:49 am

AlynDavies wrote:
rhino-dragon wrote:I paid £160 for the Hazel terracing. The ops prices for the Dragons seem to be incorrect.

Yup my point was a seat in the Ospreys stand is £160 also. So to stand in the Hazel is £160, or to sit in the Ospreys East stand in equal. The Hazel looks a bit squashed also.

£165 for the O's. Plus you run the risk of dying of loneliness at the Liberty so its not really comparable.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

rhino-dragon wrote:£165 for the O's. Plus you run the risk of dying of loneliness at the Liberty so its not really comparable.

Yeah and it's £6 for a pie and a pint Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions. Cry12
It's only £2.90 a pint at Rodney Parade, but it's a long drive home so you can't really drink too much Comparative season ticket prices and walk up ticket prices for the Welsh regions. Nopity13
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:20 pm

Alyn, not really a fair comparison. The ospreys haven't got any terracing so you can't compare the dragons cheapest ticket with their cheapest seating ticket and saying that it is a better deal at the ospreys because you get a seat. When they built the Liberty the dragons board were hardly going to say 'we'll have to drop our terrace prices now because you can sit at the Ospreys'! Also, it may be a rubbish seat at the ospreys if it is the cheapest, whereas the Hazell terrace is one of the prime locations (albeit a terrace) compared to watching behind the posts. As the ospreys have other seated tickets at over £300 then perhaps they £165 tickets are rubbish seats?

Another thing, and this is probably because I'm a Hazell terrace season ticket holder, is that 'squashed' as you call it is out of choice. We can stand anywhere on the whole terrace, even at the far end where it is less squashed, but choose to gather together as this is what creates atmosphere. You can't generate the same atmosphere and noise when there's a big gap between people. Noise generates noise which generates atmosphere. When you have to shout to hear what your mate next to you is saying then that adds to the general roar, and everyone else gets louder around you. Long may the squashed terrace continue!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

Griff wrote:Alyn, not really a fair comparison. The ospreys haven't got any terracing so you can't compare the dragons cheapest ticket with their cheapest seating ticket and saying that it is a better deal at the ospreys because you get a seat. When they built the Liberty the dragons board were hardly going to say 'we'll have to drop our terrace prices now because you can sit at the Ospreys'! Also, it may be a rubbish seat at the ospreys if it is the cheapest, whereas the Hazell terrace is one of the prime locations (albeit a terrace) compared to watching behind the posts. As the ospreys have other seated tickets at over £300 then perhaps they £165 tickets are rubbish seats?

Another thing, and this is probably because I'm a Hazell terrace season ticket holder, is that 'squashed' as you call it is out of choice. We can stand anywhere on the whole terrace, even at the far end where it is less squashed, but choose to gather together as this is what creates atmosphere. You can't generate the same atmosphere and noise when there's a big gap between people. Noise generates noise which generates atmosphere. When you have to shout to hear what your mate next to you is saying then that adds to the general roar, and everyone else gets louder around you. Long may the squashed terrace continue!

Well I was trying to give a comparison of 2 seats in a similar area to be honest. I really like the Hazel stand it's much more cozy than the East stand at the Liberty. the best bit of course is I alwaystry and go right by the exit, so you literally are on top of the toilets and next to the bar! thumbsup It's hard to compare prices and stadiums unless you do the cheapest options in similar area.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down