The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should england really have gone back for bopara?

3 posters

Go down

Should england really have gone back for bopara? Empty Should england really have gone back for bopara?

Post by Liam Tue 9 Aug - 15:39

Afternoon all this is my first offical post on this website. I must say they really have done a great job hobo and co of making a forum as good as this one after the sad closure of 606 in which i was also a member of. I hope for some interesting and good humored debates during my time on here with hopefully the WUMS neatly tucked up in bed and free from this website.

In my first post i would like to talk about the recall of Ravi Bopara to the England side in the place of the injured Jonathan trott. I clearly see why they have gone for bopara. A talented batsmen as well as a hugely improved and useful bowler. We can all see after the Windies tests that bopara has bags of talent (you dont score 3 centuries in a row by being an average player). I understand that Boapara can score a world record 401 not out tomorrow and will still be dropped for the returning jonathan trott, which is why i am slightly bermused as to his selection. Surely, if the England selectors know Trott will be back in the next test why not look to introduce youth against one of the best test sides in the world. IMO, james taylor should of had a crack at the test. He's an unbeliveable talent and also showed his maturity in captaining the Lions side and few days ago. Young debutants are often given easy test matches to get going in their test career, but I believe the best way to blood new talent is against the tougher nations such as India, Australia and SA. This builds their character and improves their temprament enormously as they are involved in the toughest cricket they will ever be involved in.

Bopara simply couldn't handle the pressure against the Aussies as he had never experienced test cricket to that level of intensity. Trott meanwhile was thrown into the deapest part of the ocean and his career so far speaks volume. Even if Taylor had a poor game, he could go back to county cricket a stronger player mentally knowing he was involved in a top class cricket match, and will give him experience thats priceless for his future test career.

What are your thoughts and who should get the nod bresnan or Tremlett for the oval test match? tremlett for his bounce or do you go on form and stick with bresnan

Liam

Back to top Go down

Should england really have gone back for bopara? Empty Re: Should england really have gone back for bopara?

Post by Smile Tue 9 Aug - 15:49

Bopara was picked for his experience and bowling. Remember we have not won the series yet.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Should england really have gone back for bopara? Empty Re: Should england really have gone back for bopara?

Post by hodge Tue 9 Aug - 15:50

Tremlett's out and no Taylor should have been given the chance, clearly in form after the lions game where Bopara failed, Bopara should be near the bottom of the cue after having had his chance. Having said that after the season Hildreth had last year and couldn't force a spot instead of Morgan what chance does Taylor have.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Aug - 16:09

Welcome aboard mate, nice to have you amongst the ranks!

Taylor's time will come, and whilst I disagree with Bopara's inclusion, I think it's the selectors sticking to what they are familiar with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down