The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two?

+6
Corporalhumblebucket
hodge
Carrotdude
longhopmerchant
Liam_Main
Duty281
10 posters

Go down

How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two?

How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_lcap11%How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_lcap5%How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_lcap11%How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_lcap16%How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_lcap37%How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Empty How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two?

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:53 pm

How many? I'll say 380 runs.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Empty Re: How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two?

Post by Liam_Main Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:06 pm

400, 420 I think they'll make
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two? Empty Re: How Many Runs Will England Make On Day Two?

Post by longhopmerchant Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:48 pm

Laughable suggestions. The little leggie will come into the game, and he's spun the ball more than Swann (who's useless vs India)

200-250 runs.

longhopmerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

Ah, the WUMS have returned.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

The pitch will spin the more the match goes on so if England do get bowled out for 200-250 (Very unlikely) then India will be lucky if they reach 150.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

I think the leg spinner will play a big role, but I would also say that Strauss and Cook are probably our worst two players of spin out of our batsmen and we already have over 80 on the board. I think somewhere between 350 and 400 is likely.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:39 pm

Depends how Bell and Morgan do for me in that case as 2 of the best players of spin we have

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:25 pm

Sorry to be a tad pedantic - but not sure about the question - is it what will the England total be at the end of day 2, or is it how many runs will we score on day 2 (ie not including those scored on day 1 Erm .

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:27 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:10000
Shocked Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:30 pm

to be fair i been drinking i just turneed 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:46 pm

Liam_Main wrote:The pitch will spin the more the match goes on so if England do get bowled out for 200-250 (Very unlikely) then India will be lucky if they reach 150.
If the pitch spins, it was already spinning today for Mishra(albeit is was slow turn), then England have the problems, as Swann isn't a threat to India, as his series figures prove - 2 wickets @ 116.5 each and strike-rate of 180. Swann wasn't very threatening on the turning pitches in India either,

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:48 pm

Punter's Dodgy Digit wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:The pitch will spin the more the match goes on so if England do get bowled out for 200-250 (Very unlikely) then India will be lucky if they reach 150.
If the pitch spins, it was already spinning today for Mishra(albeit is was slow turn), then England have the problems, as Swann isn't a threat to India, as his series figures prove - 2 wickets @ 116.5 each and strike-rate of 180. Swann wasn't very threatening on the turning pitches in India either,

🤦

looks like anither wum showed up

*another

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:49 pm

Sonic has boomed

I'm going for 308 runs

EDIT: CF, you're no in the chat box anymore. You could just edit the spelling error 🤦

Last edited by Legend on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:49 pm

What is this WUM? or you mean worm? Either way slightly offensive.

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:52 pm

lol yh i no mate,

punter: it means u have nothing constrctive to say

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:54 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:lol yh i no mate,

punter: it means u have nothing constrctive to say
Sure I've played grade cricket in Perth, so I've got plenty so say.

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:55 pm

He does indeed mean WUM. It stands for Windows Update Manager. CF has this way of giving a running commentary from his computer screen and I guess the quote was a cause of his unmindful state brought on by the guzzling of alcoholic beverages. I hope this clears things up for you thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

Bit harsh to call someone a WUM because they point to a bowler's figures and make a prediction on that basis! That's simply a point of view - even if you (and I) may happen to disagree with it! How many beers have you had CF? Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

Legend wrote:He does indeed mean WUM. It stands for Windows Update Manager. CF has this way of giving a running commentary from his computer screen and I guess the quote was a cause of his unmindful state brought on by the guzzling of alcoholic beverages. I hope this clears things up for you thumbsup

u feeling alrigt u never post on cricket section

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:59 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Bit harsh to call someone a WUM because they point to a bowler's figures and make a prediction on that basis! That's simply a point of view - even if you (and I) may happen to disagree with it!
Facts are facts, if he had taken 15 wickets @ 10 a piece, then there still would be no argument. Swann isn't threatening for this opposition.

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:59 pm

My bad. I'll go hurdling back to the empty sections from which I hail. OK
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:59 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Bit harsh to call someone a WUM because they point to a bowler's figures and make a prediction on that basis! That's simply a point of view - even if you (and I) may happen to disagree with it! How many beers have you had CF? Laugh

none Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:01 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:
Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Bit harsh to call someone a WUM because they point to a bowler's figures and make a prediction on that basis! That's simply a point of view - even if you (and I) may happen to disagree with it! How many beers have you had CF? Laugh

none Whistle

Ciders? Ales? erm.....

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:02 pm

give me abreak i just turned 18

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:04 pm

ah i remember when i turned 18, only the 1 cider because i had school/rugby the next day, and it was a saturday......... Crying or Very sad

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:06 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:

none Whistle

mug guinness cider RedWine The lot, haha
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:07 pm

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:11 pm

i have my 20th this year, think me and mates are going to cardiff for the night

cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider cider

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:27 am

The question is how many runs wil we make on Day 2 excluding Day1.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:01 am

Duty281 wrote:The question is how many runs wil we make on Day 2 excluding Day1.

None because we are a team of pub players cider guinness RedWine vomit

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:30 am

You play grade cricket in Perth Punter? I play 1st eleven cricket in Leicestershire?! What's your point?

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

cricketfan90 wrote:give me abreak i just turned 18

Hope you had a great time, Happy Birthday.

I turned 40 this year but was too ill to go out. darn it. Making up for it when in a holiday coming up soon.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 11 Aug 2011, 4:15 pm

longhopmerchant wrote:Laughable suggestions. The little leggie will come into the game, and he's spun the ball more than Swann (who's useless vs India)

200-250 runs.

HA! Past that already and where only 2 down.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:give me abreak i just turned 18

Hope you had a great time, Happy Birthday.

I turned 40 this year but was too ill to go out. darn it. Making up for it when in a holiday coming up soon.

Hes having a better day than Mishra and Longhop

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:07 pm

Liam_Main wrote:
longhopmerchant wrote:Laughable suggestions. The little leggie will come into the game, and he's spun the ball more than Swann (who's useless vs India)

200-250 runs.

Swann won't take a wicket in the 2nd innings.

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:26 pm

Liam_Main wrote:

200-250 runs.

You're quite right, he won't take a wicket. He'll take at least 3 or 4!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:27 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:

200-250 runs.

2 wickets @ 116.5 apiece hahahaha

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:29 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:

200-250 runs.

It's hard to take your opinion seriously.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:

200-250 runs.

So I give you a fact, you don't like it? Grow up. Stats show Swann as nothing more than cannon fodder.

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:

200-250 runs.

So I give you a fact, you don't like it? Grow up. Stats show Swann as nothing more than cannon fodder.

Yes an average of 28.81 and an average Econ of 2.92 with 162 wkts show he really is cannon fodder. 🤦

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Punter's Dodgy Digit Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:39 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:

200-250 runs.

Yes an average of 28.81 and an average Econ of 2.92 with 162 wkts show he really is cannon fodder. 🤦
FYI he has 142 wickets, but I'll let you off.

Secondly career record doesn't come into it, Swann bowling at India - not SA, SL, WI, OZ, BANG, PAK

Punter's Dodgy Digit

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:29 pm

"Grow Up"?

Drool

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

Liam_Main wrote:

200-250 runs.

You could well be right, our three seamers could well do all the damage before Swann is even required again.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:53 am

Swann = Cannon fodder.

Mishra = ermmmm....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down