The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales team to play England-If George North doesn't make it

+9
RubyGuby
slartibartfast
TycroesOsprey
english warrior
maestegmafia
TBJ9625
bedfordwelsh
Knackeredknees
Liam
13 posters

Go down

Wales team to play England-If George North doesn't make it Empty Wales team to play England-If George North doesn't make it

Post by Liam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

1. G.Jenkins
2. K.Owens
3. A.Jones
4. AWJ
5. I.Evans
6. D.Lydiate
7. S.Warburton
8. T.Falateu

9. M.Phillips
10. R.Preistland
11. A.Cuthbert
12. J.Roberts
13. J.Davies
14. L.Halfpenny
15. L.Byrne

16. P.James
17. M.Rees
18. L.Reed
19. J.Tupiric
20. R.Jones
21. L.Williams
22. J.Hook
23. S.Williams

I've gone with Ken Owens because our line out is crucial is against England, if we don't win good ball at the line out it could be a long day at Twickenham. When Ken came on he was superb, missed one line out and I think that was because of a mis-communication in the calls. He was also very good in the loose and Huw, for all his good work in the WC he hasn't thrown well in the first two games. It's harsh but I think we need to introduce Rees back into the set up as soon as possible. Its a big call to start him for the first time against England away but I think he has what it takes to step up and make an impact. That is why I would bring in AWJ also. Ryan has been awesome for us so far but I would rather the line out function first and then bring him on second half in which he would have a real impact for us. Lee Byrne has played well this season I I would play 1/2p on the wing, simply because when moved there against Scotland he seemed to come alive and showed us this in his two tries that he scored.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Wales team to play England-If George North doesn't make it Empty Re: Wales team to play England-If George North doesn't make it

Post by Knackeredknees Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:30 pm

Will AWJ be fit by then?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Wales team to play England-If George North doesn't make it Empty Re: Wales team to play England-If George North doesn't make it

Post by Liam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:Will AWJ be fit by then?

He played against Edinburgh last week for 20 mins I believe, so He most definitely will be fit by then. Yahoo

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

martyr,

Don't think we will need it but you got an extra player on the bench to, its only 22 man squads.

If Rees is fit I can't see OWens making squad sorry, for me I would start with R Jones and Bennett still then use AWJ and Res off the bench.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TBJ9625 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:18 pm

Think Gats will stick with Hook at 15 as well. He played well the last time two times he came of the bench. Wouldn't be my choice, but can't see Gats picking Byrne?
TBJ9625
TBJ9625

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:44 pm

Is Byrne still in the squad? I know a few players from the Poland camp were released..!

I thought Byrne looked good for Clermont. I wasn't too critical of Hook either. Played well especially against Scotland.

AWJ should be training with Wales after next weekends Ospreys match according to inside info from Gwlad.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:38 pm

How can George North 'not Make it ' Given all the B.S. delivered on these threads by a desperate nation, who have practically made him in to a Superman.

Albeit, a superman who gets injured after an innocuous challenge at the Weekend. All this talk of him being the 'White' Lomu is very previous, and a lot of Hot air. Strange that from Welsh fans, who are usually noted for their clarity and level headedness regarding their Rugby side! laughing

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm

North has tweeted a few times now that he will be ok for the England game both straight after the match, yesterday and today so it looks promising.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:54 pm

english warrior wrote:How can George North 'not Make it ' Given all the B.S. delivered on these threads by a desperate nation, who have practically made him in to a Superman.

Albeit, a superman who gets injured after an innocuous challenge at the Weekend. All this talk of him being the 'White' Lomu is very previous, and a lot of Hot air. Strange that from Welsh fans, who are usually noted for their clarity and level headedness regarding their Rugby side! laughing

That's a bit of a bitter comment.

Anyway, what the didn't tell you is that the Scottish medic had kryptonite in his kit bag - its blood gate all over again!!!!
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

Not bitter, as Mr North is an English reject who obviously hasn't made the grade as an Englishman and has therefore opted for a self -Destructive path to assuage his feelings of rejection!

Still, you'd have thought that as an Ex- Englishman he'd have had more class!! I mean, WALES Hug

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:39 pm

english warrior wrote:Not bitter, as Mr North is an English reject who obviously hasn't made the grade as an Englishman and has therefore opted for a self -Destructive path to assuage his feelings of rejection!

Still, you'd have thought that as an Ex- Englishman he'd have had more class!! I mean, WALES Hug

Blimey, you have got a slight chip on your shoulder there.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:43 pm

slartibartfast wrote:
english warrior wrote:Not bitter, as Mr North is an English reject who obviously hasn't made the grade as an Englishman and has therefore opted for a self -Destructive path to assuage his feelings of rejection!

Everyone knows the first couple of years in your life are the most important as a rugby player

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:47 pm

IronMike wrote:
slartibartfast wrote:

Everyone knows the first couple of years in your life are the most important as a rugby player

I dont think North spent more than a month after his birth in England before moving to HK.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

you do now that North's got superman hearing and is making a naughty list of all these jelous Englishmen...!
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:02 pm

Beware of that poster known as the "english worrier" above - he's starting to have a welsh obsession and in the thread about english changes for the welsh match the only changes he suggested were his pants every 15 minutes Hug Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:03 pm

slartibartfast wrote:you do now that North's got superman hearing and is making a naughty list of all these jelous Englishmen...!

I think I'm getting dislexic
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:08 pm

Out of respect for George, If he doesn't make it for the England game then I would just start with 14 players.

Should be plenty.

England don't forget also choose to handicap themselves by selecting Ben Youngs and Owen Farrell.

drumroll

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:16 pm

No disrespect but young looked a bit lardy than he used to, perhaps struggling to lose it since injury or perhaps he's bulked up on purpose?

back to the thread

Byrne 15
HP 14
Cuthbert 11

Hook has come on the pitch twice and just not done much - so why not give someone else a go?
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:46 am

slartibartfast wrote:No disrespect but young looked a bit lardy than he used to, perhaps struggling to lose it since injury or perhaps he's bulked up on purpose?

back to the thread

Byrne 15
HP 14
Cuthbert 11

Hook has come on the pitch twice and just not done much - so why not give someone else a go?

I agree that starting with Hook might not be the best idea as he is a sub covering most back line positions and is pretty good at all of them. But I would bring in Liam Williams or Harry Robinson on the wing and keep leigh halfpenny at fullback.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:40 am

looks like North is going to be fit for England anyway so happy days!
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:58 am

That's great news, such a nice kid, playing great rugby.

I hadn't read anything.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:40 am

mckay1402 wrote:looks like North is going to be fit for England anyway so happy days!

Yip yip yipee!
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:49 am

saw it on Facebook so it must be true. His own words though...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:38 am

doctornickolas wrote:Out of respect for George, If he doesn't make it for the England game then I would just start with 14 players.

Should be plenty.

England don't forget also choose to handicap themselves by selecting Ben Youngs and Owen Farrell.

drumroll

As a Welsh man I would be very unhappy if England 'handicapped' themslevs by picking Farrell. For a young lad with only two caps to his name his place kicking has been pretty much spot on so would be very nervous if we gave penalties away.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

I udnerstand we are fitting a new Kryptonite lining to the player's tunnel at Twickenham, in the hope that this will at least reduce North to the level of a mortal by the time he reached the pitch.

Still not sure what we are going to do about Roberts though - sniper on the roof maybe? Wink

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:18 am

Sniper won't work, Roberts will simply see the bullet as a pass from Phillips and smash through it XD

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:46 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
doctornickolas wrote:Out of respect for George, If he doesn't make it for the England game then I would just start with 14 players.

Should be plenty.

drumroll

As a Welsh man I would be very unhappy if England 'handicapped' themslevs by picking Farrell. For a young lad with only two caps to his name his place kicking has been pretty much spot on so would be very nervous if we gave penalties away.

He can kick and is a good defender. Got a nice pass on him too but not a very convincing attacking player for England or Saracens.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:05 am

George North is still growing, seeing as his only 19 I find it disturbing that he is being pumped full of muscle juice, this can only lead to problems later in life.

Too much too soon is expected from him I'll be amazed if he makes it to 30 and is still playing at this level, plus he has a glass ankle. Whistle

S.Williams on the bench? laughing
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:28 am

muscle juice?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down