The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Welsh public want to see England get their faces smashed in" ,quote George North.

+20
lostinwales
PJHolybloke
sirtidychris
aitchw
nth
stub
rainbow-warrior
100%beefy
Cardiff Dave
Casartelli
Barney McGrew did it
LondonTiger
Sugarlump
Hound_of_Harrow
lauriehow
englandglory4ever
tatterd
Taylorman
Biltong
A World Cup and 3 Finals
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"The Welsh public want to see England get their faces smashed in" ,quote George North. Empty "The Welsh public want to see England get their faces smashed in" ,quote George North.

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:26 pm

Nice to see sportmanship is alive and well in the valleys.

For my part I hope that no one from either side gets hurt during the contest, after all it is just a game isn't it?

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

"The Welsh public want to see England get their faces smashed in" ,quote George North. Empty Re: "The Welsh public want to see England get their faces smashed in" ,quote George North.

Post by Biltong Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm

Is there a link to this quote anywhere?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

"The Welsh public want to see England get their faces smashed in" ,quote George North. Empty Re: "The Welsh public want to see England get their faces smashed in" ,quote George North.

Post by Taylorman Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm

Not even a little hurt?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:31 pm

media hype as usual - stop trying to turn it into more

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21795152

Link there for you Biltong.

And of course, I thinks it's just a matter of a young man being rather naive. Well I hope so anyway.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:35 pm

The feeling of abject inferiority can lead to violence, so I'm led to believe.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:36 pm

he Welsh-speaking, Anglesey-bred player, who was born in the English town of King's Lynn to a Welsh mother and English father, said: "The whole country [Wales] loves it.

"Wales is a massive rugby nation, and whenever we play England there seems to be this long, long rivalry that everyone just wants a bloodbath, really.

"They [ the public] just want the best for the team, and their way of helping is just making sure they give you a tap on the back when you are walking round town or saying 'good luck'.

"Everyone has got that common thing that everyone doesn't really like the English [ team] in rugby terms.

"But they [the English Team ] are a great team, and have great qualities.

"It's not like a bad thing ~; [as if] they [Welsh fans] hate them [English] because they are nasty people.

"It's that they [ the English team] are a good team to beat and a good scalp to have."

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:37 pm

Taylorman wrote:Not even a little hurt?

Well maybe a dead leg or 2 preferably both belonging to George and in the first 5 mins. Very Happy

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:39 pm

lauriehow wrote:he Welsh-speaking, Anglesey-bred player, who was born in the English town of King's Lynn to a Welsh mother and English father, said: "The whole country [Wales] loves it.

"Wales is a massive rugby nation, and whenever we play England there seems to be this long, long rivalry that everyone just wants a bloodbath, really.

"They [ the public] just want the best for the team, and their way of helping is just making sure they give you a tap on the back when you are walking round town or saying 'good luck'.

"Everyone has got that common thing that everyone doesn't really like the English [ team] in rugby terms.

"But they [the English Team ] are a great team, and have great qualities.

"It's not like a bad thing ~; [as if] they [Welsh fans] hate them [English] because they are nasty people.

"It's that they [ the English team] are a good team to beat and a good scalp to have."

"But everyone you see on the street is saying 'make sure you smash their heads in!'" You somehow managed to forget this part lauriehow.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:39 pm

North is only commenting on what fans are saying in the street. Read the whole interview to see the context. The usual stuff where a journo takes one part of an interview that they try and form into a controversial headline.

It won't matter a toss to England.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:40 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21795152

I think he said heads but I'm sure if their faces get in the way the Welsh rugby public will happily accept that too. The dafodil headed, leak waving, screaming nincompoops (Obv not wanting to tar all the welsh with the same brush and appear arrogant)

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

Funnily enough a lot of Italian and especially Scots have come up to me after recent games and said " we don't mind losing to you Welsh as long you smash the English. So yes, George was sloppy and clumsy but no disrespect there - quite the opposite. My partner and I have been to all four Wales 6 N games this year and we are quietly confident that yes Wales will smash through the middle, get behind them, and win. It's nearly always hard v Eng, that is the element of respect - but it makes a win sweeter!

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:47 pm

But everyone you see on the street is saying 'make sure you smash their heads in!'" You somehow managed to forget this part lauriehow.

No - I missed it trying to find the guts of the quote. And I bet they do say that to him. But it's figurative.

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:03 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21795152

And of course, I thinks it's just a matter of a young man being rather naive. Well I hope so anyway.
thanks mate, we need to be careful when we "quote" someone, we had some issues earlier in the week. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

As with all these types of stories - it is a nothing story really.

Young man says something without thinking it through - shock, horror.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:16 pm

Well I'm deeply hurt. I so wanted to be loved by my welsh brothers. Thankfully I think the englishman in George is just pulling our legs.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:53 pm

Between the Welsh supporters wanting this and Ashton wanting to hurt people, tomorrow is going to be messy. Hope the Heath is ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Fri 15 Mar 2013, 6:06 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Between the Welsh supporters wanting this and Ashton wanting to hurt people, tomorrow is going to be messy. Hope the Heath is ready.
Laugh

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 6:53 pm

Love seeing quotes taken out of context to cause a stir

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri 15 Mar 2013, 7:19 pm

North wants "bloodshed".

Ashton wants to hurt people.

Cuthbert is going to "manshame" (whatever that means) the defensively useless opposition back 3.

JD2 is going to "bitchslap"(?) Tuilagi right out of Lions tour contention....

It's always the English-born ones mouthing off isn't it?

You never see this sort of thing from any of the immaculately behaved Tongan, South African, New Zealand or Welsh born that are playing in Cardiff tomorrow.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Mar 2013, 7:49 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:Nice to see sportmanship is alive and well in the valleys.

For my part I hope that no one from either side gets hurt during the contest, after all it is just a game isn't it?

Nowt to do with me then.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Mar 2013, 7:52 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Between the Welsh supporters wanting this and Ashton wanting to hurt people, tomorrow is going to be messy. Hope the Heath is ready.

I predict an ambulance queue of some distance.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:01 pm

No it has been established north never said this shouldn't the quoted title be amended.

Oh and for the record i hope we do smash them, in the tackle, at the breakdwon, in the scrum, everywhere.

The term smash is a well used rugby term and only an idiot would take it out of context and attempt to characterise a superb player like north as anything other than the superb sportsman he is.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 15 Mar 2013, 9:39 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:Nice to see sportmanship is alive and well in the valleys.

Typical engish ignorance. George is from just outside Llangefni on Ynys Mon, a fluent Welsh speaker who has the misfortune of having an englishman as a father. Thankfully his mothers genes destroyed all englishness.

Anyhow I suggest you as an englsihman pop into Y Tarw Du (pub) in Llangefni and have a discussion. You'll find out rather quickly what the PUBLIC wants in this part of the country, George knows but does not suggest HE wants it (publically anyway).
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:15 pm

Anyway.

I'm sure that his comments were most probably taken out of context. As an Englishman I have spent several holidays in Anglesey and just across the water and found the people there to decent (as you'd expect) and the area to be most beautiful. No foreboding undertones at all...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:26 pm

stub wrote:Anyway.

I'm sure that his comments were most probably taken out of context. As an Englishman I have spent several holidays in Anglesey and just across the water and found the people there to decent (as you'd expect) and the area to be most beautiful. No foreboding undertones at all...

Hahaha please tell me where you went. Yes there are decent places on Ynys Mon, but do not try and put my comment down, I lived there for most of my life and there are pubs in central Ynys Mon you would not get through the door mate.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by nth Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:28 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:

Typical engish ignorance. George is from just outside Llangefni on Ynys Mon, a fluent Welsh speaker who has the misfortune of having an englishman as a father. Thankfully his mothers genes destroyed all englishness.

Anyhow I suggest you as an englsihman pop into Y Tarw Du (pub) in Llangefni and have a discussion. You'll find out rather quickly what the PUBLIC wants in this part of the country, George knows but does not suggest HE wants it (publically anyway).

It would seem pretty clear that similar to his wing partner it's his English genes that have given him what makes him successful at rugby, it's just the Welsh have brainwashed him. Or maybe he's just a long term double agent put in place for elaborate hilarity in an organised 2015 pool! Yahoo

nth

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:28 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:

Ich Dien mun.
Get in there my son.
There must be some kind of Welsh ignorance surely.
Our George was born in Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England wasn't he?
He'll be on our side tomorrow though, so what's the prob?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:31 pm

Rainbow - most of the time we were based in Y Felinheli but we spent a lot of time across the the water. Certainly not trying to put you down, just sharing my experiences of that neck of the woods...

Last edited by stub on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:32 pm

Stub, probably as well you didn't understand what they were saying when speaking Welsh.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:34 pm

aitchw - my grasp of Welsh is a little poor to be honest!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:36 pm

And mine non-existant. They say ignorance is bliss and I will be blissfully happy if the lads pull it off tomorrow.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

Me too - big ask but they just might.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:00 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:

As an Englishman i love wales, i went to uni there and made loads of lifelong welsh friends, dont get me wrong theres alot of banter about our separate nations especially during rugby season but its all light-hearted. I have a couple of friends that have married welsh girls and have settled in wales as they like the lifestyle and people and they have been excepted as part of the community.

Unfortunately there are always a few racists, they can be found in england, wales and scotland and unfortuntely i have been victim of this in wales once before when i went into the wrong bar and did nothing wrong apart from being too english. I'm pleased to say that most welsh people have a great sense of humour, warm hearts and a great banter when it comes to our separate nations, however as i feel this quoted post outlines there are always a few who are too thick to realise that we are all the same when it comes down to it, prejudice gives some people a sense of direction when their lives are lacking in other areas

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:02 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:

Hahaha please tell me where you went. Yes there are decent places on Ynys Mon, but do not try and put my comment down, I lived there for most of my life and there are pubs in central Ynys Mon you would not get through the door mate.

I think you are making it up as you go along you dozy Welshman.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:41 pm

sirtidychris wrote:[

Unfortunately there are always a few racists, they can be found in england, wales and scotland

Ooooh don't mention the "R" word. You never know where it'll end up these days.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:46 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

coc oen
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:17 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
coc oen

Zoo-Loo

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:23 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

coc oen

Is it because they are little doors? chin
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:54 am

Close PJ. If someone had posted the same thing in English.......

Just saying.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:59 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:

Thats pretty hard for us dumb English guys because as soon as we step in there they'd all start speaking funny so we cant understand them Doh

What a sad sad man you are

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 16 Mar 2013, 3:04 am

lostinwales wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Thats pretty hard for us dumb English guys because as soon as we step in there they'd all start speaking funny so we cant understand them Doh

What a sad sad man you are

Yes you english don't like that do you as a race you get oh so paranoid of others talking their language because you know as a rule if there is an englishman about it is usually abiot them hahahaha nothing sad about me pal. My country, my language, if you don't like it you know what to do....and I wish you all would.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 16 Mar 2013, 8:35 am

Biltong wrote:
A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21795152

thanks mate, we need to be careful when we "quote" someone, we had some issues earlier in the week. thumbsup

If you agree that as a quote of what the headline of this article is then you guys all need to go back to school to study reading again, gutter journalism twisting 1 word out of a sentence to sensationalise a nothing story followed up by further twisting of the facts by a poster that is obviously just trying to wind people up.
Just a small fact guys, its not actually a quote once you start to add words and twist meanings, very immature at best, possibly illegaly slanderous at worst. but hey the mods think its ok so thats allright then. Doh

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Mar 2013, 8:54 am

2ndtimeround wrote:
Biltong wrote:

If you agree that as a quote of what the headline of this article is then you guys all need to go back to school to study reading again, gutter journalism twisting 1 word out of a sentence to sensationalise a nothing story followed up by further twisting of the facts by a poster that is obviously just trying to wind people up.
Just a small fact guys, its not actually a quote once you start to add words and twist meanings, very immature at best, possibly illegaly slanderous at worst. but hey the mods think its ok so thats allright then. Doh

George North says Wales fans want victory amid a bloodbath in Saturday's Six Nations decider against England in Cardiff.
Scarlets winger North, 20, said: "You try to keep a cool head and you try to maintain calm and focus.
"But everyone you see on the street is saying 'make sure you smash their heads in!'"
When questioned on Friday, forwards coach Robin McBryde said Wales needed to stay composed.
North had told journalists on Thursday the rivalry between the neighbouring nations meant Wales fans wanted victory amid "a bloodbath".

Mate there is a link that proves it isn't manufactured on 606.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 16 Mar 2013, 8:57 am

Still - it was nice of that over excited Englishman to rush on to the field to congratulate that "Welsh" North chap on his Try the other day.

Just goes to show what good sports the English are!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 16 Mar 2013, 8:58 am

Biltong wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:
Biltong wrote:

George North says Wales fans want victory amid a bloodbath in Saturday's Six Nations decider against England in Cardiff.
Scarlets winger North, 20, said: "You try to keep a cool head and you try to maintain calm and focus.
"But everyone you see on the street is saying 'make sure you smash their heads in!'"
When questioned on Friday, forwards coach Robin McBryde said Wales needed to stay composed.
North had told journalists on Thursday the rivalry between the neighbouring nations meant Wales fans wanted victory amid "a bloodbath".

warning It is not George North's opinion, he is talking about the fans, it would be quite retarded of anyone to suggest it was Mr North saying these things, although deep down I am sure he, and many other Welshmen want to see many bloodied english, it's jolly good fun what what Wales
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:17 am

Biltong wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:
Biltong wrote:

The quote you show actually shows a number of words changed from the quote to the thread headline, this story was in most the national papers on Thursday and every one had him quoted as saying something slightly different, it seems that everyone believes it is ok as it was only slightly changed, chinese whispers in laymans terms.
If I get a chance then I'll ask him myself when he gets back to Llanelli and let you all know what he actually did say.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:46 am

sirtidychris wrote:

As an Englishman i love wales, i went to uni there and made loads of lifelong welsh friends, dont get me wrong theres alot of banter about our separate nations especially during rugby season but its all light-hearted. I have a couple of friends that have married welsh girls and have settled in wales as they like the lifestyle and people and they have been excepted as part of the community.

Unfortunately there are always a few racists, they can be found in england, wales and scotland and unfortuntely i have been victim of this in wales once before when i went into the wrong bar and did nothing wrong apart from being too english. I'm pleased to say that most welsh people have a great sense of humour, warm hearts and a great banter when it comes to our separate nations, however as i feel this quoted post outlines there are always a few who are too thick to realise that we are all the same when it comes down to it, prejudice gives some people a sense of direction when their lives are lacking in other areas

clap

I've given 606v2 a 2nd chance, and to be honest after a week of reading some of the most vitriolic claptrap ever seen was about to give up.

Tidychris ( I won't call you sir Whistle ), excellent post that shows not all is lost. clap

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:49 am

I suspect that if rainbow walked in to one of these pubs he's on about, the landlord would phone his Mother to come and pick him up for being a naughty boy.
Warrior eh? Ooooooh tough guy Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 1:03 am

In fact he said the Welsh fans "expect a blood bath" and oh boy they got what they expected.
Bout time you switched accounts now 3finals, after the humiliation you have brought upon yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next