The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boks in Black?

+7
Bathman_in_London
beshocked
OzT
doctor_grey
emack2
disneychilly
Biltong
11 posters

Go down

Boks in Black? Empty Boks in Black?

Post by Biltong Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 19:47

Tonight on Supersport it was unvailed that the Springboks will NOT be wearing black as an alternative strip to the RWC.

After a meeting held by SARU earlier in the week the 14 home unions voted unanimously not to change the colour of their alternative away strip.

The basis of their decision was that too many countries would be sporting black jumpers and was endangering the profitability of television tycoons.

It was thought that with the advent of High Definition LCD screens. True colour and the newest addition of 3D the manufacturers of these electronic devices would be forced to lay off approximately 30% of their staff, this would inadvertantly cause economies to collapse.

I think it is a brave stance taken by SARU, even if they are going ti feel a little out of fashion being one of the few teams wearing coloured jumpers.

PS

This is a hoax, relax take a chill pill, think about your response, approach your pc's and laptops with caution before responding
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Boks in Black? Empty Re: Boks in Black?

Post by disneychilly Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 21:20

I think the shirts are staying white, with the small alteration of three lions instead of a protea so after the cup they can all get a flight to London and start playing cricket.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 21:25

Just as long as the all blacks don`t revert to that dreadful 2007 All Grey strip,it matched there play.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 21:31

disneychilly wrote:I think the shirts are staying white, with the small alteration of three lions instead of a protea so after the cup they can all get a flight to London and start playing cricket.
OK, that was a good clean shot. Not bad for a Thursday. Does that mean they will finally be able to beat Australia?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 21:36

disneychilly wrote:I think the shirts are staying white, with the small alteration of three lions instead of a protea so after the cup they can all get a flight to London and start playing cricket.

At last, someone with a sense of humour, Disney at least those ”Proteas” are earning pounds, allthough it does become slightly challenging for an Afrikaner to distinguish between the real Proteas and the imposters.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 21:49

What is it still 14 rand to the pound? Ah don't worry Biltong I'm used to the NZ peso so living in London was a welcome financial relief for me too! Plus your girls are lekker so it was worth the trip to Wimbledon to improve Antipodean-African relations Wink recall doing particularly well at a foam party which several of your compatriots love to attend!

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 21:59

No mate the Rand is now closer to 12, but who`s counting, I am sure those ”afrikaner meisies” you met were a little on the naughty side?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 7:15

I am seriously dissappointed in the 606v2 ers, where are the guys with a sense of humour, it took me 6 hours to think up this story, find the right wording, do some research on the effect this could potentially have of the economies of Japan and those involved in the manufacturing of electronic devices, and yet nothing.

Nada

Zip

Zero.

Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:44

Well i didn't see the post till now, but yes biltong, it was a very good one...

Same party I must have gone to too disneychild, though I think most of those girls were from Earlsfield....

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:47

OzT it seems you and disney are the only ones prepared to indulge me in my quest for humour! Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:49

No I thought it was very good, and for me anyway, quite unexpected from you!!!! LOL!

Not that you are humourless at all,no not implying that, oh umm, I am digging a larger hole here, ummm...

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:53

No excuses now it's Friday!

Ha my mate worked in Earlsfield-I met her after work once and was impressed with the talent.

This shindig was full of Saffas and Zimbos. Ended up waking up in Wimbledon park and due to a bus strike had to walk all the way to Putney. This was after going to the loo and finding out they had no toilet paper. The rand must have been really bad if they couldn't afford bog roll! Had an @rse like a Japanese flag by the end of it.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:55

OzT wrote:No I thought it was very good, and for me anyway, quite unexpected from you!!!! LOL!

Not that you are humourless at all,no not implying that, oh umm, I am digging a larger hole here, ummm...

I think we need an emoticon that is digging a hole, I wanted to use it earlier in the week and couldn't find one.

I am shocked, never thought I was being seen as serious?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:57

I thought it was the zimbos that struggled to get loo paper.... ?

you weren't at poo na na were you??? <-- excellent name for a club with no loo paper LOL!!

And yes, Earslfield, when I first came here the Puzzle was an aussie bar, in the sense a lot of us used to go there, but since wimbledonfontein came about, with Southfirelds, the aussies moved on and the safs made it their own. Now of course it's a wine bar.... ho hum.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:57

When you said Boks in Black I thought you were going to talk about Saracens! 🤦

Two English teams with a South African flavour aren't doing too badly - Saracens and the English cricket team. It's a winning combo.

I think we should get some English/South African footballers,tennis players, table tennis players,american football,basketball etc then we'll rule the world of sport!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 10:22

OzT, I was in the Wandle (as the Puzzle is now called) the other day, wall to wall Saffas! Still, I'm happy with the invasion seeing as I am very partial to some biltong! (not the poster before I dig myself a hole!-Although I thought it was a funny article!)

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 10:32

Ha Bathman totally agree. If the Tri-Nations were based on girls instead of rugby NZ would come a distant last every year. The 4 Nations starting next year would be no different. Was travelling around South America last year and some of those Buenos Aires girls are just ridiculous.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 10:35

Geeze bathman, seems you, me and disney all drink round the same sort of area!! We shoudl catch up one evening and have a bundy - stroh - (insert whatever bath people drink) night!!!

And biltong, how about that, there's a bloke very partial to eating ya, makes my humourless faux pas seems just a minor ditch!!!!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 10:50

Bathman_in_London wrote:OzT, I was in the Wandle (as the Puzzle is now called) the other day, wall to wall Saffas! Still, I'm happy with the invasion seeing as I am very partial to some biltong! (not the poster before I dig myself a hole!-Although I thought it was a funny article!)

Phew!, dodged a bullet there. Yikes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:12

Maybe in future I will say I enjoy dried game or beef with salt and spices!

OzT, i'd be up for that, buyer gets to pick the drink, I'm sure I can get some nice warm ale for you! Disney, feel free to invite any Argentine friends...

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:17

Bathman, is biltong not something the Europeans ever did in the past?

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:27

Ha sadly I've moved on from London-am now residing in Dublin, and since I'm on a de facto visa I have to behave myself if I want to stay in Europe! So sick of the weather though-if it wasn't for the three week sojourn in the Balkans I just had my skin would be transparent!

Ha will see what I can do about those Argie chicks Wink

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:29

Nowthat, my friends is how you wum correctly. Good job Biltong. clap

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:36

Thomond wrote:Nowthat, my friends is how you wum correctly. Good job Biltong. clap

Thanks Thomond. notworthy I live and learn.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:43

Biltong, sadly your namesake was never really done here in the past, possibly because the sun wasnt hot enough to dry the meat out!
Having said that you do get British made stuff now, its not the same though.

Disney, surely the weather isnt that much better in NZ? When I was in Dunedin in particular it did seem if I had spent a day on the plane to end up back home!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:46

Bathman, you must make your own, go to your SA butcher and ask for biltong spice, then buy silverside beef.

You don't need the sun to dry your meat.

As long as the place isn't damp, you'll do fine.

get a recipe on the internet as an alternative, marinate, hang in dry area with fan, and bob's your uncle you'll make your own to taste.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:50

guys guys guys, biltong, the food, is ok... best try aussie beef jerky, methinks much nicer taste and texture is good too.

And you can get jerky machines for home use to make your own, where you can then add spices and whatever meat you like!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:53

Bathman yes the weather can be pants, I'm from Wellington so the wind can suck at times, but for overall consistency of rubbish grey rain then Dublin takes the cake. We actually do get summers in NZ where it is sunny and warm consistently.

I remember telling Leinsterbaby about a nice SA butcher that does great borewors in Dublin. Leinsterbaby if you're on-you manage to find it?

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:54

How did we go to talking about a jersey to Aussie meats? You're making me hungry,could do with some biltong right about now!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:01

Because Meat is sinonymous with SA rugby.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:03

Thomond speaking of jerseys what's your take on the Irish WC shirt and its 100 Euro price tag?

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:04

biltongbek wrote:I am seriously dissappointed in the 606v2 ers, where are the guys with a sense of humour, it took me 6 hours to think up this story, find the right wording, do some research on the effect this could potentially have of the economies of Japan and those involved in the manufacturing of electronic devices, and yet nothing.

Nada

Zip

Zero.

Shocked

I got a 24 hour ban for poking fun at England's black shirt. Apparently it hurt the feelings of some 606v2 posters. So might want to be careful. Those English boys do get awful touchy.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:06

Biltong,spoiled meat in 95 was it? Wink

Chilly,€100? Presume that's the players' issue if it is I wouldn't be too surprised. The replica will be around €60-€70 in the shops and probably cheaper again online.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:06

TheGreyGhost wrote:
biltongbek wrote:I am seriously dissappointed in the 606v2 ers, where are the guys with a sense of humour, it took me 6 hours to think up this story, find the right wording, do some research on the effect this could potentially have of the economies of Japan and those involved in the manufacturing of electronic devices, and yet nothing.

Nada

Zip

Zero.

Shocked

I got a 24 hour ban for poking fun at England's black shirt. Apparently it hurt the feelings of some 606v2 posters. So might want to be careful.

Ghost, i don't think I am as controversial as you. And i am really only poking fun at the electronics industry Wink and he colour black. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:10

Right, I'm clearly going to have to make my own, I will report back on how it goes!
I am feeling pretty hungry now...

On the Irish jersey front, any idea why a couple of years ago the green became a lot darker?

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:14

Bath,Irish jerseys have always changed shades of green. There's an advert that shows it so will try and find it.

Here it is: http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2007/9/O2-Irish-Rugby-Team.jpg

Last edited by Thomond on Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found the advert)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:14

Thomond wrote:Biltong,spoiled meat in 95 was it? Wink

Chilly,€100? Presume that's the players' issue if it is I wouldn't be too surprised. The replica will be around €60-€70 in the shops and probably cheaper again online.

ooooooo... tch tch tch

** pulls up a chair, gets the popcorn and coke out and wait for the show to start **

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:18

Ha not quite as dark as the French did-as the All Blacks didn't have to change strips!

It is the Irish players issue, the material feels like a wetsuit. Hate the collar too. NZ don't sell the players issue I think-there is only one option.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:18

OzT, nothing to see here I'm afraid. angel

Thomond, what are you talking about, those New Zealanders were all vegetarians! weren't they? Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:38

Thomond, the fun police at work have blocked that so I will have to have a look later. I was just wondering as it was emerald green for a long time, or so it seemed.

You feel like you can't defend the accusation eh biltong?!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:44

Bathman_in_London wrote:You feel like you can't defend the accusation eh biltong?!

An accusation is normally preceded by an event, where in someone is hurt, injured, robbed etc.

By taking the field, and not forfeiting the game ( as was the intention of the poisoning Wink ) , the affected players thereby waived their right to council, and therefor destroyed all relevant evidence ( the poison only stays in the system when the heartbeat does not exceed 78 beats per minute). Hence there was no proof, not even circumstantial evidence.

And due to that your honour, there is nothing to defend.

" I plead the fifth" he said with a wink and a smile.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:44

When I was living in China one of my SA staff brought some biltong over for me. Lovely stuff. But there was some other meat/sausage kind of thing she got me as well. Can't remember the name but it was great.

I bet the ABs has wished they were vegetarians
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:46

Could have analysed some of the deposits on the side of the field Cry
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:49

It is called droe wors as in dried wors.

Very similar to boere wors, which is essentially a beef minced sausage with a little fat mixed into it, adding the same type of spices you would marinate or cover your biltong with.

If you guys do like biltong, try to get a piece that is still not dry, then get pickled ( almost like the sweet and tangy gurkins) jalapeno, then take two slices of biltong put the jalapeno in te middle, absolutely delicious.

Or just use Nando's peri naise sauce
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:50

Well you clearly have a fine legal brain biltong, you make a good point!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:51

nganboy wrote:Could have analysed some of the deposits on the side of the field Cry

Did you not see, the cleaners running after the players cleaning up as they chugged?

In all seriousness, on that day the all Blacks were poisoned by what we call fate. Never thought I would say i beleive in fate.

Last edited by biltongbek on Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 12:52

Bathman_in_London wrote:Well you clearly have a fine legal brain biltong, you make a good point!

CSI Miami, CSI Las Vegas, CSI New York
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 13:05

I was introduce to droe wors by saffa mate of mine here in England. Not being able to pronounce it properly I called it dried horse.

Which I then proceed to introduce to my non saffa mates, saying it's dried horse... interesting to see who liked and who didn't liked it thinking it really was dried horse, well until they met the saffas who put them right that it was just my bad pronounceation and it was not dried horse.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 18:14

Lucky you can't copyright colors or New Zealand would of done it already!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 19:08

Broken Record

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down