The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales vs the Boks

+51
Barney McGrew did it
aucklandlaurie
Mr Fishpaste
kingjohn7
HammerofThunor
Ozzy3213
Hood83
Breadvan
monty junior
Cyril
IanBru
tigertattie
Nematode
nathan
No9
mckay1402
Pal Joey
samuraidragon
glamorganalun
offload
Seagultaf
Luckless Pedestrian
The Bachelor
gavstar
LordDowlais
ME-109
Chunky Norwich
chris_501
Jhamer25
rainbow-warrior
GavinDragon
wayne
Allty
blackcanelion
emack2
Taylorman
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
majesticimperialman
Knowsit17
wales606
LondonTiger
SecretFly
ScarletSpiderman
The Saint
Bullsbok
George Carlin
FerN
fa0019
Biltong
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
55 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Wales vs the Boks Empty Wales vs the Boks

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 8:21

Wales vs the Boks Wales_10   Wales vs the Boks Spring10
Wales v South Africa
29 November 2014
KO: 14:30
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)

Another week of misery for us Welshmen. What a shame, so much to be proud of vs the ABs but the scoreline does not reflect that.

These boys have shown they can push SA and it would be good to take something from this Autumn Series though I doubt many of expect we will.

Will be missing some good players who have to return to their clubs. So will SA.

We also have a good number of worrying injuries. Not sure if the team announcement will be Tuesday or not...?

The boks fielded a few experimental selections last Saturday against Italy in a weakened team. I imagine they will change a few players around and we will see a side similar to that which beat England.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales vs the Boks Empty Re: Wales vs the Boks

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 8:34

Afraid it will be the same as ever, glorious defeat clutching defeat from jaws of victory etc etc. People say these games will have no reflection come the WC but that's rubbish IMO.

Winning breeds confidence and until we start beating these SH teams we will always be on the back foot.

I think our choices will depend on injury, we could have a very in-experienced front row and ever so slow No9 and a very out of form and low on confidence No10 on the bench.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:14

The Wales game is a potential loss for South Africa, there are talks of tiredness throughout the squad which worries me.

Why did Meyer not give them a rest against Italy?

His conservative nature will force him to select as many senior players as possible, and that is where Wales can nil them, those old bones are done for the year.

Meyer is going to persist with Coenie Oosthuizen at tight head and that isa big gap for Wales, he is a poor technical scrummager and is penalised a lot for scrumming in.

But, for some macabre reason Meyer believes in him.

ANyway Jannie du PLessis is injured and I doubt Meyer is going to let debutant Julian Redelnghuys start.

SO the front row is likely

Trevor Nyakane
Bismarck
COenie

LOcks will be Etzebeth and Matfield, Matfield has been lacking in physicality big time.

Backrow likely to be BUrger, Coetzee and Vermeulen who has been playing every match this season, the bloke must be tired.

Halfback I suspect will be Hougaard with POllard as his 10.

Jean and Jan Serfontein at the midfield.

Wings will be De Allende and Hendricks and Willie le Roux at the back.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:23

Biltong,

I am just fed up of thinking and believing we can win one of these games I get my hopes up, even at 65 minute mark on Saturday then whallop we end up on the losing end of another glorious defeat.

Well f88k glorious defeats I will happily take a boring as hell ground out 3-0 victory.  For all our defence we lack a cutting edge and the Webb try aside offered little in attack and what we did offer as poorly executed and won't trouble your defence in the slightest.

If we are to win these tight games we have to start playing rugby not bosh bosh bosh but unfortunately we have very few rugby minded players out there at the moment.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:38

If both Jenkins and Smith are injured who do we start at L/Head. Do we try Rh Jones there despite Gatland seeing him as a T/Head, who is there outside the squad to call up?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:48

bedfordwelsh wrote:Biltong,

I am just fed up of thinking and believing we can win one of these games I get my hopes up, even at 65 minute mark on Saturday then whallop we end up on the losing end of another glorious defeat.

Well f88k glorious defeats I will happily take a boring as hell ground out 3-0 victory.  For all our defence we lack a cutting edge and the Webb try aside offered little in attack and what we did offer as poorly executed and won't trouble your defence in the slightest.

If we are to win these tight games we have to start playing rugby not bosh bosh bosh but unfortunately we have very few rugby minded players out there at the moment.

I understand your frustration mate, and I think Wales has a real chance this weekend.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:57

Beds I think Rob Evans would be a popular call for loosehead prop with Baldwin and Lee at hooker and tight head.

Rhodri Jones looked good as a bench player so I don't think they will move him across. He is progressing well.

At lock we will lose Davies but Ball and Charteris have been good along side AWJ who I think has been great.

Back row won't change neither hopefully will the halfbacks though there was a mention on Scrum v yesterday that Phillips would be a better nine. Hard to envisualise on his form shown at the weekend but same can be said for him last summer where he actually played very well in the second test.

Centres should stay the same, and back three depends on injury to north.

Not sure but I think we lose halfpenny. I don't think he was made available?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:58

Biltong I think I heard that JdeV has to head home to japan for this game???

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 10:01

Jean de Villiers?

JP Pietersen yes, but Jean plays for the Stormers in Cape Town.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 10:09

I just heard Burger is going home as well, so we will be without Du PLessis, Bakkies who has retired, Burger, Louw, Fourie du Preez, Ruan Pienaar, JP Pietersen, Fourie, Habana, Pieter Steph du Toit, Flip v d merwe, Johan Goosen and probably a few I have forgotten about.

I think if Wales doesn't win this match they won't beat us for a long tie to come.

The injuries aren't all first choice players , but our bench will be severely weakened as well.

FIrst choice players of Meyer not available.

Jannie du PLessis
Francois Louw
Fourie du Preez
Bryan Habana
JP Pietersen
Jaque Fourie

Bench players unavailable
Ruan Pienaar
Schalk Burger
Frans Malherbe

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 10:44

You really think Beast shouldn't play over Nyakane? I can't remember him being injured???

Italy were getting the nudge on the scrum.. you'd have to worry if Meyer is forced to play

Nyakane, Bissie, Coenie, Eben, Victor, Mahoje, Coetzee, Vermeulen up front.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 10:53

fa0019 wrote:You really think Beast shouldn't play over Nyakane? I can't remember him being injured???

Italy were getting the nudge on the scrum.. you'd have to worry if Meyer is forced to play

Mallet seems to think Nyakane is a good scrummager, better than Steenkamp and Coenie.  He feels Nyakane and Redelingshuys should play.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/Mallett-Nyakane-scrummed-well-20141124

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 10:54

fa0019 wrote:You really think Beast shouldn't play over Nyakane? I can't remember him being injured???

That is who I think Meyer will select
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 10:56

FerN wrote:

Mallet seems to think Nyakane is a good scrummager, better than Steenkamp and Coenie.  He feels Nyakane and Redelingshuys should play.

Perhaps.. but you need Veterans out there.

Going in to a big match vs. Wales (who lets be honest are better than their ranking points suggest. They played a full NZ team and up till the 71st min were leading)

For me I think it would be a touch of genius/absolute disaster for Meyer to choose Nyakane & Redelingshuys. It would be up there with his Bergamasco idea. Maybe it would work but the risks are huge.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:28

I wouldn't be too down if I was Wales - I don't know how you are for injuries at the moment, but this is the perfect time to play the Springboks. End of a long season for them, with injuries and lack of continuity in selection.

Warrenball has never traditionally met with much success against physically matching opposition, but this is an eminently beatable SA team. I am absolutely confident that Wales can do it if they can just keep up the tempo.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 12:40

maestegmafia wrote:Beds I think Rob Evans would be a popular call for loosehead prop with Baldwin and Lee at hooker and tight head.

Rhodri Jones looked good as a bench player so I don't think they will move him across. He is progressing well.

At lock we will lose Davies but Ball and Charteris have been good along side AWJ who I think has been great.

Back row won't change neither hopefully will the halfbacks though there was a mention on Scrum v yesterday that Phillips would be a better nine. Hard to envisualise on his form shown at the weekend but same can be said for him last summer where he actually played very well in the second test.

Maes,

What I can't understand is everyone automatically would drop Cuthbert but him and North were defensively poor on the weekend, then again if Halfpenny isn't free (though think he is) then that might taking the dropping of one of them out of their hands.

Forgot about Davies going back to Wasps but don't think he would be involved anyway.

Despite what we all think on here I think we all know Phillips will be involved either off then bench if Webb is fit or starting with Rh Williams on bench if Webb isn't - I do hope I am wrong though.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 12:53

Biltong wrote:I just heard Burger is going home as well, so we will be without Du PLessis, Bakkies who has retired, Burger, Louw, Fourie du Preez, Ruan Pienaar, JP Pietersen, Fourie, Habana, Pieter Steph du Toit, Flip v d merwe, Johan Goosen and probably a few I have forgotten about.

I think if Wales doesn't win this match they won't beat us for a long tie to come.

The injuries aren't all first choice players , but our bench will be severely weakened as well.

Jannie du PLessis
Francois Louw
Fourie du Preez
Bryan Habana
JP Pietersen
Jaque Fourie

Ruan Pienaar
Schalk Burger
Frans Malherbe

forgot the most important player cept maybe FDP - The bone Crusher Willem Alberts.Mvovo is starting at 11 in place of Habana apparently , Cornal on the right , lots of gas but defence wise quite questionable . On the flip side the thought of Le Roux Hendricks and Mvovo on the counter is a scary prospect
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 12:57

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Beds I think Rob Evans would be a popular call for loosehead prop with Baldwin and Lee at hooker and tight head.

Maes,

What I can't understand is everyone automatically would drop Cuthbert but him and North were defensively poor on the weekend, then again if Halfpenny isn't free (though think he is) then that might taking the dropping of one of them out of their hands.

Forgot about Davies going back to Wasps but don't think he would be involved anyway.

Despite what we all think on here I think we all know Phillips will be involved either off then bench if Webb is fit or starting with Rh Williams on bench if Webb isn't - I do hope I am wrong though.

I think Martyn Williams or Colin Charvis said last night that Mike Phillips always plays well vs the Boks, his larger size and abrasive news can be useful.

Jiffy said don't play the boks at their own game.

I agree that Webb would be the choice player in my opinion but we'll have to see how his fitness goes.

Re north and Cuthbert, I didn't think their tackling defence was poor. Though I think the back three incluslding Williams or Halfpenny need to learn to work as a back three better in defence and for counter attack.

The All blacks were almost mechanical in their team work at the back... We must learn to do that. Consistent selection is the key there, we need the players to be comfortable together at the back.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 12:59

Just remembered that Baldwin could be starting, yikes! That reinforces my comments on the need for ball players in the back 3, and that means dropping North and Cuthbert.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 12:59

Bullsbok wrote:
Biltong wrote:I just heard Burger is going home as well, so we will be without Du PLessis, Bakkies who has retired, Burger, Louw, Fourie du Preez, Ruan Pienaar, JP Pietersen, Fourie, Habana, Pieter Steph du Toit, Flip v d merwe, Johan Goosen and probably a few I have forgotten about.

Jannie du PLessis
Francois Louw
Fourie du Preez
Bryan Habana
JP Pietersen
Jaque Fourie

Ruan Pienaar
Schalk Burger
Frans Malherbe

forgot the most important player cept maybe FDP - The bone Crusher Willem Alberts.Mvovo is starting at 11 in place of Habana apparently , Cornal on the right , lots of gas but defence wise quite questionable . On the flip side the thought of Le Roux Hendricks and Mvovo on the counter is a scary prospect

Yes, my apologies, forgot about Willem, I wonder what Meyer is going to do when all the injured players return, is he still going to select Mohoje.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:01

buls/bil

Injuries aside you guys have that mental edge that we just don't seem to have, if and I think its big IF we were to win then I won't be at ease unless we are a good 10 points ahead with less than minute to go.

Otherwise we will c&&k it up again and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:04

The Saint wrote:Just remembered that Baldwin could be starting, yikes! That reinforces my comments on the need for ball players in the back 3, and that means dropping North and Cuthbert.

Saint,

With regards Baldwin surely it's a case of Will start as opposed to Could start. He's been bench option to Hibbard in the big games so far so surely he's automatic to move on up to start.

Would be huge ask of Phillips to step in.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:06

Biltong wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

Jannie du PLessis
Francois Louw
Fourie du Preez
Bryan Habana
JP Pietersen
Jaque Fourie

Ruan Pienaar
Schalk Burger
Frans Malherbe

Yes, my apologies, forgot about Willem, I wonder what Meyer is going to do when all the injured players return, is he still going to select Mohoje.

Its a tough one to be sure .I see Schalk being the big loser here unless Mohoje is tagged to start against the lower ranked teams meaning he can be dropped for the harder tests without causing controversy. In truth he's not a half bad player , its just so much scrutiny because he's black which is unfair on him
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:10

Bedfordwelsh.

Consider the Boks are tired, consider that they have been on poor form this tour, they ave struggled with the breakdown the whole tour, they don't have their first choice backrow available, our back three consists of Willie le Roux, Lwazi Mvovo and Cornal Hendricks, dangerous as they might be in attack, they are not strong in defence, if Jamie Roberts, North and Cuthbert run at them you will break them down.

With our players not available, our form and struggles I really think this is a must win game for Wales.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:15

Bil,

I agree it's a must win game but I guess it's the constant barrage of so near so far result that's just not filling me with confidence.

We seem clueless in attack other than the bosh bosh bosh approach, we have very little attacking flair at the moment and we still seem prone to stupid schoolboy errors (halfpenny letting ball bounce, intercept passes, charge down kicks) that you SH guys just don't seem to make or at least not on such a regular basis.

Also if we didn't win given all your injuries and off form etc that you mention then mentally/psychologically it simply has to affect players
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:20

bedfordwelsh wrote:
The Saint wrote:Just remembered that Baldwin could be starting, yikes! That reinforces my comments on the need for ball players in the back 3, and that means dropping North and Cuthbert.

Saint,

With regards Baldwin surely it's a case of Will start as opposed to Could start.  He's been bench option to Hibbard in the big games so far so surely he's automatic to move on up to start.

Would be huge ask of Phillips to step in.

You're right. I remember Phillips doing a bit better in his early caps though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:23

Call me one eyed, but if they call up Rob Evans (and start him) then Emyr Phillips should pack down at hooker, as he is used to being in the front row with Rob and Samson, and also he can actually throw the ball straight for a line out.

I am dreading this game though, as personally I do not believe we can win it. I don't really think we improved much between the Fiji and New Zealand. We have no clue what to do with the ball when we have it other than snipe at rucks or kick it away.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:34

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Call me one eyed, but if they call up Rob Evans (and start him) then Emyr Phillips should pack down at hooker, as he is used to being in the front row with Rob and Samson, and also he can actually throw the ball straight for a line out.

Thats good enough for me

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:38

I wouldn't be upset to see Emyr Phillips get a start. Good player.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:42

Bakkies Botha just retired so he's out too...

"South African legend Bakkies Botha has retired from international rugby with immediate effect."

"The deeply religious lock forward said he had prayed and asked for guidance from God before reaching his decision to quit representing his country."

"Botha formed one of the greatest lock partnerships in history with Victor Matfield, a combination that was a vital ingredient in the South Africans lifting the 2007 World Cup, winning Tri-Nations titles and beating the Lions in 2009."

"Indeed, enforcer Botha’s illegal charge into Adam Jones at a ruck during the Lions tour of 2009 was a key moment in South Africa winning that Test series."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:44

Beware Mike's 'abrasive news'. The Boks are going to be taken apart by that new weapon of his.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:45

BTW, I thought the Welsh were getting their French based guys? Seems from this thread that it ain't so?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:47

SecretFly wrote:BTW, I thought the Welsh were getting their French based guys?  Seems from this thread that it ain't so?

No they are apparently all available, I was concerned it was not including Halfpenny but apparently it is.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:51

maestegmafia wrote:"Indeed, enforcer Botha’s illegal charge into Adam Jones at a ruck during the Lions tour of 2009 was a key moment in South Africa winning that Test series."

Sad thing about tat clearance is I have seen 100 of them since, and not one has been carded or banned.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:54

Biltong wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:"Indeed, enforcer Botha’s illegal charge into Adam Jones at a ruck during the Lions tour of 2009 was a key moment in South Africa winning that Test series."

Sad thing about tat clearance is I have seen 100 of them since, and not one has been carded or banned.

Leicester have had players carded for similar (but less violent) challenges this season. I bemoan that Refs let far too much illegal stuff go - so I cannot complain when they actually pick us up. Consistency would be nice - but I cannot really complain when mu side are penalised for illegality.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 14:08

Front row is going to be very inexperienced if Gethin isn't fit.

The lineout was very poor against NZ, I hate to think what Matfield is going to do against Baldwin! - That could be the match right there.

I imagine there will be a lot of lineout practise this week.

Also surprised that LH call-ups haven't been announced yet - thought they would want them in training as soon as possible. Hopefully it mean that he injures there are not too bad and Gethin at least might be fit.

Either way, if Mike Phillips starts we have lost.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 14:09

My bad,

It appears Rob Evans has been called up, but also that Gethin will return to training tomorrow
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 14:10

Biltong wrote:

Sad thing is that BaKkies obviously legitimised what can be often THE most brutal and dangerous move in an entire game of rugby - and I'd include the present day favourite foul act, taking a man out in the air as lower risk.

Those sudden and surprising and often violent energy drive 'clearances' (where a player gets a good run at a static guy who often can't move backwards to absorb the impact) are I feel a very serious injury just waiting to happen.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 14:29

LondonTiger wrote:
Biltong wrote:

Leicester have had players carded for similar (but less violent) challenges this season. I bemoan that Refs let far too much illegal stuff go - so I cannot complain when they actually pick us up. Consistency would be nice - but I cannot really complain when mu side are penalised for illegality.

I've seen Jake Ball get carded and banned for a similar charge. I thought both his and the charge by Bakkies were fair. That said, I've no idea why maesteg would include that paragraph in his post, and on a thread where we're trying discuss the match-ups.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 14:34

Yes, Wales can win this one and no, they won't. If they don't get stuffed they'll give SA a hard game, probably taking a narrow lead into the final 10-15 mins where they'll wilt and fold under persistent S African pressure.

That's been my prediction of Wales vs the SH elite throughout this series and I have yet to be disappointed.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 14:35

The Saint wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Biltong wrote:

I've seen Jake Ball get carded and banned for a similar charge. I thought both his and the charge by Bakkies were fair. That said, I've no idea why maesteg would include that paragraph in his post, and on a thread where we're trying discuss the match-ups.

Up until last weekend and a surprise decision, Bakkies might very well have been a match up. Well.................... maybe not, he'd still have had to go back to France.

All in all, if Wales have most of the players Gatland would like to see in an International and South Africa don't - I think the ball is certainly in Wales court.

That pitch is still a worry though! Has there been any explanation from the Millennium people about why it's still so bad after all the money spent?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 14:48

It's probably just me but I haven't really noticed the pitch when I've been watching a game, so maybe it doesn't effect play.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 14:59

The Saint wrote:It's probably just me but I haven't really noticed the pitch when I've been watching a game, so maybe it doesn't effect play.

Me too
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 15:15

Biltong wrote:

I'm certain even Adam Jones stated in an interview it was a fair clear out and he was just caught in a bad position

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 15:18

The Saint wrote:It's probably just me but I haven't really noticed the pitch when I've been watching a game, so maybe it doesn't effect play.

Oh I can understand that Saint, the idea that you can become so involved in the game that everything around you goes into blur. I was like that myself at the weekend. But I'm certainly by no means sneering about the Welsh pitch. They spent big money on it so I'm being very honest when I say it's not clinging for some reason and I'd prefer to see it cling. I watched muck rugby through the 70s and I loved that version of rugby actually - more warlike than even the wars that happen now. But I just think if you spend big money, the people you give the money to should give you what you've paid for... for the Millennium's sake not mine.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 15:56

SecretFly wrote:

Oh I can understand that Saint, the idea that you can become so involved in the game that everything around you goes into blur.  I was like that myself at the weekend.  But I'm certainly by no means sneering about the Welsh pitch.  They spent big money on it so I'm being very honest when I say it's not clinging for some reason and I'd prefer to see it cling.  I watched muck rugby through the 70s and I loved that version of rugby actually - more warlike than even the wars that happen now.  But I just think if you spend big money, the people you give the money to should give you what you've paid for... for the Millennium's sake not mine.

But it's not tearing up like the old one as far as I can tell. The old one would literally come up in rolls during heavy scrummaging. This one just looks patchy. I think maybe one of two things has happened. Either the grass had not had much time to grow as they played on it so soon after being laid, or (and this would be end of world, doom and gloom stuff) the synthetic fibres need to be woven in with real grass using a big sewing machine - as we struggle to grow the real stuff, how is the synthetic stuff meant to weave with it? What does it weave to if we can't grow grass?!

If it's the latter I can't see how it can improve. We'll be in the schit!

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 16:24

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Call me one eyed, but if they call up Rob Evans (and start him) then Emyr Phillips should pack down at hooker, as he is used to being in the front row with Rob and Samson, and also he can actually throw the ball straight for a line out.

I am dreading this game though, as personally I do not believe we can win it.  I don't really think we improved much between the Fiji and New Zealand.  We have no clue what to do with the ball when we have it other than snipe at rucks or kick it away.

SS,

If Jenkins isn't fit then it would be logical to go with your front row - logic mmmmmmmm that won't happen then. I also agree with you with regards to our attacking play, have really crested much in any of the games.

As usual I think we will push them hard and be in it with about 10-15 mins to go without having dome much then they will get one or two chances and score where as we won't have created many chances at all. Even more so if Phillips starts
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 16:50

Given the injuries Wales have and the players that are not avalible foe SA due to returning to their clubs, retirement,injuries then this should be the game that Wales DO win.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 16:55

majesticimperialman wrote:Given the injuries Wales have and the players that are not avalible foe SA due to returning to their clubs, retirement,injuries then this should be the game that Wales DO win.

Yep you're right but that's been said in the past to and we have still fecked it up so I won't be holding my breath.

We don't have anyone ruled out yet though due to injury do we?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 17:03

majesticimperialman wrote:Given the injuries Wales have and the players that are not avalible foe SA due to returning to their clubs, retirement,injuries then this should be the game that Wales DO win.

The only real loss is Habana from the starting lineup . Losing Jannie could end up being a blessing if anything. The man is a walking yellow, no need to give the laser guided Halfpenny more guaranteed penalties than we need to
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next