The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales vs the Boks

+51
Barney McGrew did it
aucklandlaurie
Mr Fishpaste
kingjohn7
HammerofThunor
Ozzy3213
Hood83
Breadvan
monty junior
Cyril
IanBru
tigertattie
Nematode
nathan
No9
mckay1402
Pal Joey
samuraidragon
glamorganalun
offload
Seagultaf
Luckless Pedestrian
The Bachelor
gavstar
LordDowlais
ME-109
Chunky Norwich
chris_501
Jhamer25
rainbow-warrior
GavinDragon
wayne
Allty
blackcanelion
emack2
Taylorman
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
majesticimperialman
Knowsit17
wales606
LondonTiger
SecretFly
ScarletSpiderman
The Saint
Bullsbok
George Carlin
FerN
fa0019
Biltong
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
55 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Wales vs the Boks - Page 10 Empty Wales vs the Boks

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov 2014, 8:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Wales vs the Boks - Page 10 Wales_10   Wales vs the Boks - Page 10 Spring10
Wales v South Africa
29 November 2014
KO: 14:30
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)

Another week of misery for us Welshmen. What a shame, so much to be proud of vs the ABs but the scoreline does not reflect that.

These boys have shown they can push SA and it would be good to take something from this Autumn Series though I doubt many of expect we will.

Will be missing some good players who have to return to their clubs. So will SA.

We also have a good number of worrying injuries. Not sure if the team announcement will be Tuesday or not...?

The boks fielded a few experimental selections last Saturday against Italy in a weakened team. I imagine they will change a few players around and we will see a side similar to that which beat England.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales vs the Boks - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales vs the Boks

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:22 am

No9 wrote:Just watched the game again after getting back from the MS.

Not a great game, but good dogged performance by Wales. Biggar was emense, as was others. But I have to ask, was Cuthbert playing... He wasn't in the game at all... Time to be dropped I think.

Really? I thought he done a lot of good things today and looked for work over this AI Series if any of the wings were to be dropped to accommodate Williams it would be North who has been poor.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:32 am

The Saint wrote:Bit of a hollow victory for me as well. We played rubbish for the majority of the game, we played far better in the game we lost by a single point in SA. Both teams were a bit depleted but managed to cope well I think, sad to see JDV get a nasty injury. There was a questionable sin-bin in what remains a grey area; but my take on that is that both challenges were slightly reckless as the SA player didn't really have a chance of catching the ball. I guess we'll take the win though. We've been losing ugly to these teams for a while, so now we'll win ugly and move on... SA were in it until the last minute, the final 10 wasn't comfortable for me at all. Wales have got to execute better. Execution has been poor all autumn but perhaps a shake-up of the team will help.

What a pain eh!! The moaners moan about losing all the time and the we WIN.......... bugger it let's moan about it. The SH lot when they do lose make extraordinary excuses, not in Wales though we don't want to win! Feck me, you see this lot in the MS every AI and every 6 Nations, p**sed to the max with a drunk bimbo next to them as p**sed as they are. The only difference is down in the SH they put paper bags over the bimbo's heads to protect the innocent! Better off losing pal you will be happier bless you. thumbsup
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:36 am

In some ways I am not worried how poor the welsh played in the end for their win... They haven't won in 22 games prior to this so they must have been nervous, they thrown away so many games etc they would have been on edge.... Anyone would.

Well done to them anyhow. It doesn't matter that the boks had probably their first choice 3,5,6,7,9,11 and 14 out, it's rare that you ever play a full XV and given it's the last test of the tour you have to expect injuries.

Very interesting that it's perhaps the first time in The modern era where all home nations have secured victories over the RC teams in an AI series. The gap has closed between them and SA and AUS but NZ still stands way ahead.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:39 am

rainbow that's just how it feels for me, I'm looking at the rugby situation in Wales with more of a realist view. You'd do well to do that too. Also from what I've read this weekend, these SH fans have been very gracious in defeat and in victory.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:43 am

fa0019 wrote:

Well done to them anyhow. It doesn't matter that the boks had probably their first choice 3,5,6,7,9,11 and 14 out, it's rare that you ever play a full XV and given it's the last test of the tour you have to expect injuries.

I was wondering when this would begin. SA have had the same squad throughout the RC and this series. I think they made 4 changes for this game, contrast with Wales who made 5... I don't rate our depth as highly as SAs either. It's good that all I've seen from real Springbok fans is "congratulations" and not a single moan.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:44 am

Also want to say I hope Jean De Villiers makes a good recovery, realistically is there a chance for a come back for him?

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:45 am

We just needed the win and I don't care how we got it, I was sick and tired of watching great games that we ended up losing.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:45 am

Something about Rainbow-Warrior doesn't seem 'real'.

ghost in disguise???

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:48 am

The Saint wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

I was wondering when this would begin. SA have had the same squad throughout the RC and this series. I think they made 4 changes for this game, contrast with Wales who made 5... I don't rate our depth as highly as SAs either. It's good that all I've seen from real Springbok fans is "congratulations" and not a single moan.

Jannie is not our best tight head so missing him made no difference, Victor is Meyer's first choice 5, he will be the Bok captain if de Villiers doesn't return, Louw is a loss, Mohoje is now your first choice 7 thanks to politics, Fourie du Preez in my view is not a loss, Habana has been quiet the whole tour and JP has lost it.

The simple fact is the Boks were kak.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:50 am

The Saint wrote:rainbow that's just how it feels for me, I'm looking at the rugby situation in Wales with more of a realist view. You'd do well to do that too. Also from what I've read this weekend, these SH fans have been very gracious in defeat and in victory.

Mate believe me I do, I gob off here because I have lived in the SH for too blydi long and the only place I read crap from these SH people is here. They yap on like little terriers but regardless I do have better rugby savvy friends .. even a certain Hawkes Bay / AB full back mother speaks more sense (apart from thinking the Magpies are better than the the Taniwha bless her). I am a Gog and let's face it, all of a sudden we have a team up there who are making huge impressions in the Welsh Championship. Erias park is full most weeks when they play and there are huge moves to progress this club possibly to another region. Don't you think that N Wales has been left in the dark for some god forsaken reason for too long??? Welsh rugby is good, the WRU is losing their grey suit brigade slower than we want.....but it is happening.

As I said most SH fans are as gracious as us NH lads, it's the saddos who have to make the pathetic excuses that are the problem.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:52 am

Griff wrote:Something about Rainbow-Warrior doesn't seem 'real'.

ghost in disguise???

Getting a bit desperate there lad..try growing up a little.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:54 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:We just needed the win and I don't care how we got it, I was sick and tired of watching great games that we ended up losing.

I told you you were going to win, after the first ten minutes I knew it and I wasn't even upset when we did. Meyer has regressed this year, last year we had the two losses to NZ and all our wins bar one was more than a score, some real runaways.

This year we had 8 matches within a score, won 5 and lost 3 of them, it shows you how poor we have been this year.

As for the win, you take them any way they come, put them in the record books, but then perspective is needed to understand how the win came about, and in my view both teams were bloody poor yesterday. It was as if both tried to lose, overall although Gatland and his team can be happy with the win, I can guarantee you in retrospect they will not be happy with their performance.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:58 am

GavinDragon wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Very pleased for Wales fans - it's been a very long wait and everyone should enjoy the win. Just to be an interested neutral for the moment, I hope that this doesn't wipe clean Gatland's slate - my own personal view (which by nature could never be substantiated) is that Wales would have achieved more under the same period with a different coach.

I completely agree that Biggar had his best game - whether that means he'll now be officially first choice now, is unclear.

I dont agree with you George, the standard that Gats has to drag these players up to from regional level is staggering,

If he was getting a squad from very successful regional teams obliterating all before them in europe I may agree with you.

He is getting the most out of what he has and the regions (and the players) need to take responsibility for improving our domestic standard
My point isn't that Gats didn't improve Wales and turn them into 6N winners. Clearly he did, and Welsh rugby will always owe him a debt of gratitude for that. What I mean is that once the talent started coming through (North, JD2, Halfpenny) and was incubated, there still seemed to be a performance gap of about 5-10% which meant falling short against SH opposition when 6N results suggested that this shouldn't have happened with the regularity that it did. That might have been Gats' fault and it absolutely might not, but all I'm saying is that with the talent WG now has, there has to be a valid argument that he could have done more with it and another coach may have done better towards the latter stages of WG's tenure.

I am pleased to see international coaches get a good amount of time to get their systems in place, but similarly there's a lot of competition at the top and coaches are judged by results.

All of that said, Gats will be judged by the RWC run, plain and simple.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:02 am

Biltong wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:We just needed the win and I don't care how we got it, I was sick and tired of watching great games that we ended up losing.

I told you you were going to win, after the first ten minutes I knew it and I wasn't even upset when we did. Meyer has regressed this year, last year we had the two losses to NZ and all our wins bar one was more than a score, some real runaways.

This year we had 8 matches within a score, won 5 and lost 3 of them, it shows you how poor we have been this year.

As for the win, you take them any way they come, put them in the record books, but then perspective is needed to understand how the win came about, and in my view both teams were bloody poor yesterday. It was as if both tried to lose, overall although Gatland and his team can be happy with the win, I can guarantee you in retrospect they will not be happy with their performance.

No you are are right, in retrospect we should have hammered you, but a wins a win, even if it is by a penalty try aye? I bet every Bok fan went away happy and celebrated that historic win. As I said SA have been in Wales grasp since 2011, and no matter what team you put out that was the reality. I don't care what Gatland thinks or the other ????fans here, I know the corner has turned between the Bok and Aussie for all the Home Nations. so make of that what you want, but don't take the moral high ground any more.... it's not yours.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:04 am

I agree it wasn't a spectacular game but it was a win for Wales, and most players at any level will say that's the most important thing. It certainly is for this Welsh squad after their confidence-sapping losses. Providing entertainment yesterday was not their main aim.

I was impressed by Wales's conditioning. Apart from the injury replacement by Williams for Halfpenny, the starting team finished the game. Given that changes by bringing on players from the bench probably contributed to Wales's defeat last week, this was a big call by Gatland. It was obviously a help that Hendricks was yellow-carded during the final period.

When was the last time a side playing a team as physical as South Africa didn't need to go to the bench to replace tired players?

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:05 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Biltong wrote:

No you are are right, in retrospect we should have hammered you, but a wins a win, even if it is by a penalty try aye?  I bet every Bok fan went away happy and celebrated that historic win.  As I said SA have been in Wales grasp since 2011, and no matter what team you put out that was the reality.  I don't care what Gatland thinks or the other ????fans here, I know the corner has turned between the Bok and Aussie for all the Home Nations. so make of that what you want, but don't take the moral high ground any more.... it's not yours.

Mate, the home nations haven't beaten the Boks for four years prior to this month, you are being very optimistic if you think things have changed.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:07 am

optimist,

Jenkins was replaced to but other than him and Halfpenny I agree and it was good not to see the raft of changes coaches usually use these days.

We all know things not right still, our attack is poor still and we need to get some players back to basic skills and learn to pass 2 on 1 etc etc.

But we won and that really is all that mattered yesterday.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:12 am

optimist wrote:I agree it wasn't a spectacular game but it was a win for Wales, and most players at any level will say that's the most important thing. It certainly is for this Welsh squad after their confidence-sapping losses. Providing entertainment yesterday was not their main aim.

I was impressed by Wales's conditioning. Apart from the injury replacement by Williams for Halfpenny, the starting team finished the game. Given that changes by bringing on players from the bench probably contributed to Wales's defeat last week, this was a big call by Gatland. It was obviously a help that Hendricks was yellow-carded during the final period.

When was the last time a side playing a team as physical as South Africa didn't need to go to the bench to replace tired players?

Exactly, one replacement. Not an entire swap of half the team. Them S African's had no chance of winning this time around the Welsh lads were on the front foot and were dominant. So hard to read the the words of an injured animal but the fact is this has been happening for the last 3 - 4 years. As I have said a wins a win and I still have not had a reply to the amazing 'Penalty try' victory that will go down as one of S Africa's greatest test wins!!!!
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 11:08 am

rainbow wrote:As I have said a wins a win and I still have not had a reply to the amazing 'Penalty try' victory that will go down as one of S Africa's greatest test wins!!!!

You are searching mate, and you ain't going to find what you are looking for Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 30 Nov 2014, 11:25 am

The Saint wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

Wasn't giving any excuse at all. SA have injury problems but when doesn't a side have injury problems which is what I said. SA have enough depth to cater for changes and if you are one of the top sides in the world you should be able to replace quality with quality.

Wales should be proud for getting the monkey off the back.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:25 pm

Jesus this thread has really taken a turn for the worse...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:36 pm

wales606 wrote:Jesus this thread has really taken a turn for the worse...

You seem surprised 606, there are some people on here who just can't comment without bitching or admitting whats in front of them and that's Welsh and other fans.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:43 pm

After taking the day off to calm down and not have any angry posts post game i've come back to congratulate Wales on a solid win . Wasnt pretty from either teams but finally Wales held on and claimed the scalp they so desperately wanted . Cannot fault you can only accept defeat to the team that rightfully took all the points on offer so kudos .

To my fellow Bok fans , its not all bad news . If the Boks ever perform that badly again they should seek asylum in whatever country they find themselves in , and not come back to the Republik. Very Happy  Two test defeats up north is utterly unacceptable and the SA media is rightly going to tear into them

PS Biltong it would appear my preferred coach has let us down , Even PDV in all his craziness did not lose a test to Wales Sad
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:10 pm

Ja Boet, I was prepared to give him a shot, and although I have not given up on him, I think his selection policies over the past three years is now coming back to haunt him.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:34 pm

Biltong wrote:Ja Boet, I was prepared to give him a shot, and although I have not given up on him, I think his selection policies over the past three years is now coming back to haunt him.

Alberts, Louw,FDP and a 13 needed to balance that team out. When JDV went off you just knew it was game over. I've never seen such a rookie Bokline with the most experienced guys being Hougaard and Le Roux.
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:35 pm

Bullsbok wrote:
Biltong wrote:Ja Boet, I was prepared to give him a shot, and although I have not given up on him, I think his selection policies over the past three years is now coming back to haunt him.

Alberts, Louw,FDP and a 13 needed to balance that team out. When JDV went off you just knew it was game over. I've never seen such a rookie Bokline with the most experienced guys being Hougaard and Le Roux.

Actually first up is it now mandatory to card a Springbok in every game . Hendricks yellow was pathetic absolutely pathetic .
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:46 pm

Biggar had by far his best game for Wales and his defence has certainly improved (let in trys through missed tackles in previous two games). He has proved what we allways knew, that he looks good behind a dominant pack. But to be fair to Biggar he is now firmly in the box seat for the 6N and World cup, he looked almost Stephen Jones like yesterday, did all the basic so well. For me, I would like to see him look to lead the attack more, not by running, thats not part of his game, but by putting the bigger, faster backs outside him into holes. I am sure that that is something he can learn.

Biggar's performance has given the Wales side a more settled look, they have 4 back three players to secect from, three centres, Biggar is out on his own at 10, but hopefully either Priestland or Anscombe can rise to the challenge. At 9 Gareth Davies will hopefully push Webb.

Up front, Alan Wyn Jones and Jake Ball have been imense (Wales players of the series) and set a very high bar for Charteris and Bradley. Warburton is back to his best, Lydiate and Faletau have looked good, but who is going to challenge them?

The front row is for me the only worry: Lee looks to be growing every game, but at the moment Wales have no real other option at 3. Melon is still playing well and James is a strong scrumager, but I am looking forward to Rob Evans and Nicky Smith challenging for the no 1 shirt. Hooker is also an issue, Hibbard is great around the field, but does not seem to have much appitite for the set piece, Baldwin scrumages well but his lineout work is very poor. Ken Owen will hopefully come back for the 6N and he may be the answer.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:50 pm

Bullsbok wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

Actually first up is it now mandatory to card a Springbok in every game . Hendricks yellow was pathetic absolutely pathetic .

Well maybe we should stop kicking and chasing, there is a message in all this. Don't touch the bloke in the air.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:56 pm

Biltong wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

Well maybe we should stop kicking and chasing, there is a message in all this. Don't touch the bloke in the air.

Hendricks jumped for the ball .
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:57 pm

Both challenges were fair in my opinion.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 1:58 pm

Bullsbok wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

Doesn't matter, the law protects the receiver, the chaser is always the guilty party.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:02 pm

Biltong wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

Doesn't matter, the law protects the receiver, the chaser is always the guilty party.

Fair enough , my question is why was Wales not penalised for a similar offense on Le Roux six minutes before that? I watched the game at the Millenium last night and even the crowd in my section thought their man was about to see yellow yet nothing .
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:02 pm

Was the yellow card for Cornall Hendricks justified? I thought it was a fair challange, not a deliberate attempt to foul Halfpenny.

I can not remember a time when Willie Larouxe dropped so many balls.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:05 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Was the yellow card for Cornall Hendricks justified? I thought it was a fair challange, not a deliberate attempt to foul Halfpenny.

Willie had a very poor game.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:05 pm

Seagultaf wrote:Biggar had by far his best game for Wales and his defence has certainly improved (let in trys through missed tackles in previous two games). He has proved what we allways knew, that he looks good behind a dominant pack. But to be fair to Biggar he is now firmly in the box seat for the 6N and World cup, he looked almost Stephen Jones like yesterday, did all the basic so well. For me, I would like to see him look to lead the attack more, not by running, thats not part of his game, but by putting the bigger, faster backs outside him into holes. I am sure that that is something he can learn.

Biggar's performance has given the Wales side a more settled look, they have 4 back three players to secect from, three centres, Biggar is out on his own at 10, but hopefully either Priestland or Anscombe can rise to the challenge. At 9 Gareth Davies will hopefully push Webb.

Up front, Alan Wyn Jones and Jake Ball have been imense (Wales players of the series) and set a very high bar for Charteris and Bradley. Warburton is back to his best, Lydiate and Faletau have looked good, but who is going to challenge them?

The front row is for me the only worry: Lee looks to be growing every game, but at the moment Wales have no real other option at 3. Melon is still playing well and James is a strong scrumager, but I am looking forward to Rob Evans and Nicky Smith challenging for the no 1 shirt. Hooker is also an issue, Hibbard is great around the field, but does not seem to have much appitite for the set piece, Baldwin scrumages well but his lineout work is very poor. Ken Owen will hopefully come back for the 6N and he may be the answer.

Seagul,

Agree with some but not all. Agree about Biggar, Ball, Warburton and Lee.

Now Biggar is getting a run of games he seems to be settling down better and is very vocal which is what you need sometimes form your 10 and his confidence is growing game to game. Lee is really growing into the role despite not having best of seasons for the Scarlets. Warburton himself was outstanding yesterday and whilst some people still slate him for not being a screaming and shouting captain he leads from the front. Ball has been great all series and really stepped it up from last year and held off the challenges of Charteris and Davies.

AWJ and Faletau have been somewhat disappointing for me but that's not to say they have been poor just that I expect more from them. I still think that our usual backrow is our best combo and Ball and AWJ are developing into a good partnership to.

I would have liked to have seen Dan Baker get some game time and agree on trying to develop Smith and Evans as both James and Jenkins are no spring chickens.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:07 pm

Biltong wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:Was the yellow card for Cornall Hendricks justified? I thought it was a fair challange, not a deliberate attempt to foul Halfpenny.

Thats the sort of thing that leads to the recalling of Zane "Sideshow" Kirchner who never has a poor game . Instead his game is permanently average you know exactly what you're getting and he's guaranteed to never go above or below Very Happy
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:10 pm

Biltong wrote:

How good was Vermeulen again though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:10 pm

Bullsbok wrote:
Biltong wrote:

Thats the sort of thing that leads to the recalling of Zane "Sideshow" Kirchner who never has a poor game . Instead his game is permanently average you know exactly what you're getting and he's guaranteed to never go above or below Very Happy  

Wales vs the Boks - Page 10 Smiley-laughing001

Sorry, but that shouldn't be a laughing matter

Wales vs the Boks - Page 10 Smiley-sad021
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:11 pm

The Saint wrote:
Biltong wrote:

How good was Vermeulen again though.

He has been our stand out player of the year, unfortunately we are playing him into the ground
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm

Biltong wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
Biltong wrote:

Could be worse , he might draft in Wynand Olivier to replace JDV.
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:16 pm

Bullsbok wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
Biltong wrote:

Could be worse , he might draft in Wynand Olivier to replace JDV.

Wales vs the Boks - Page 10 Smiley-violent019
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:09 pm

Congratulations to Wales and their supporters - it was a good day for the NH yesterday. Nice end to the Autumn internationals.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:12 pm

I want a Welsh Official (grovelling) Apology to infamous 'Irish Refs' on my doorstep by 9.00 AM tomorrow morning or solictors letters will begin....... Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:14 pm

I wasnt going to come back and post on this thread thanks to one individual ruining it.. But thought I would say one last thing..

We (Wales) had to win that game and we did. I didnt think we would and thought it was going to be dejavu at the end with the 5m scrum, but we did what was needed. As such, a great win for Wales. Ok, a weakened Bok side, but as the saying you can only play whats in front of you, and the Welsh boys did that. At the end, a weakened Bok side is still a world force.

It wasnt a great game, one of the most tedious I've seen, but they say to win the big games you have to learn to win ugly as well and thats what we did, so we'll take that win.

It doesn't put us up there yet though. Win more games like this against the big 3 SH sides and then and only then can we say we have arrived at the top table. Until then, we have to take this win, but not get too excited about it. We have to learn to close games out, and at times juust stick the ball up the jumper and dog it out, rather than looking for the wizards to entertain.

Well done Wales, hard lines Boks... (and sorry about Rainbowwarrior, and any others who jump on the band wagon, as he and other muppets dont speak for the Welsh fans),

Bedford, re Cuthbert. I accept I may have still been a little p!$$ed when re-watching the game last night. But I stand by the fact I though Cuthbert was missing most the game. I dont disagree about North either, but to be fair he wasnt playing yesterday, hence no comment on him. But I think he needs a tremendous 6 Nations. Trouble is Cuthbert has been missing for the Blues as well this season. I just think he's lost all of his previous form.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:19 pm

SecretFly wrote:I want a Welsh Official (grovelling) Apology to infamous 'Irish Refs' on my doorstep by 9.00 AM tomorrow morning or solictors letters will begin....... Whistle

Unfair Yellow for Bok yesterday, unfair RED for Warburton in RWC 11... Think that puts us evens.. just Whistle

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm

The big problem for Wales in the world cup will be lack of depth in key positions, should the regular player get injured or lose form.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:06 pm

back row in particular and ten

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:57 pm

GavinDragon wrote:back row in particular and ten

If we are weak in the back row, that is entirely down to Gatland, apart from Tipuric in the Fiji game we have used the same three players for all the games, he could have used some of the other players in his squad as well, I can see us being well off in the 10 position as well by the time of the WC, with Anscombe and O. Williams forcing their way in.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Mon 01 Dec 2014, 3:32 am

delme parfitt has started to say what I've been on about for a while....get Henson on board. I know most think that ship has sailed, but what he's doing at bath says otherwise. Owen Williams and gavin would be exactly what we need, especially if we can't get Jamie Roberts to start playing like a complete12 not just the kick the door down ram he is. every pass he had from biggar he ran into the ground. jd was never match fit, and when he is his game is superb, BUT WE NEED more at 12, and a good 10 on the bench.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon 01 Dec 2014, 7:45 am

wayne wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:back row in particular and ten

If we are weak in the back row, that is entirely down to Gatland, apart from Tipuric in the Fiji game we have used the same three players for all the games, he could have used some of the other players in his squad as well, I can see us being well off in the 10 position as well by the time of the WC, with Anscombe and O. Williams forcing their way in.

thing is who else in the back row are really putting their hands up? Baker has been injured, tipuric we know about, there is little depth at 6, shingler, navidi, lewis evans are all competent in the pro12 (but get shown up in europe)

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next