The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales vs the Boks

+51
Barney McGrew did it
aucklandlaurie
Mr Fishpaste
kingjohn7
HammerofThunor
Ozzy3213
Hood83
Breadvan
monty junior
Cyril
IanBru
tigertattie
Nematode
nathan
No9
mckay1402
Pal Joey
samuraidragon
glamorganalun
offload
Seagultaf
Luckless Pedestrian
The Bachelor
gavstar
LordDowlais
ME-109
Chunky Norwich
chris_501
Jhamer25
rainbow-warrior
GavinDragon
wayne
Allty
blackcanelion
emack2
Taylorman
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
majesticimperialman
Knowsit17
wales606
LondonTiger
SecretFly
ScarletSpiderman
The Saint
Bullsbok
George Carlin
FerN
fa0019
Biltong
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
55 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Wales vs the Boks - Page 9 Empty Wales vs the Boks

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Nov - 8:21

First topic message reminder :

Wales vs the Boks - Page 9 Wales_10   Wales vs the Boks - Page 9 Spring10
Wales v South Africa
29 November 2014
KO: 14:30
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)

Another week of misery for us Welshmen. What a shame, so much to be proud of vs the ABs but the scoreline does not reflect that.

These boys have shown they can push SA and it would be good to take something from this Autumn Series though I doubt many of expect we will.

Will be missing some good players who have to return to their clubs. So will SA.

We also have a good number of worrying injuries. Not sure if the team announcement will be Tuesday or not...?

The boks fielded a few experimental selections last Saturday against Italy in a weakened team. I imagine they will change a few players around and we will see a side similar to that which beat England.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales vs the Boks - Page 9 Empty Re: Wales vs the Boks

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 29 Nov - 19:11

I see your point, This is just one of those times when the Sxv franchises have to be dictated to by the Principal unions. South Africa most definitely need a fit, fresh De Villiers next year.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 29 Nov - 19:25

Just watched the game, Not the most exciting game of rugby. But a win is a win and well played Wales.

Dan Biggar deffo man of the match.And well played to him.

Once again well played Wales.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 29 Nov - 19:40

Does this win take the pressure of Warren Gatland.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov - 19:44

I'd say it does slightly Maj. But only in terms of the media. I imagine a man like Gatland puts immense pressure on himself regards of wins or losses, so each and every game going forward will be just as pressured. It's just the media may be less intense. Maybe Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 29 Nov - 19:48

it will do

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 29 Nov - 20:36

Have just posted this question on the England v Australia thread. So i will ask the same question here.

Does any think that the result today will have any impact on the 6ns game in Wales?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov - 20:49

Not really Maj. I take it you mean Wales v England? I think Wales would be confident v England regardless of beating SA just due to recent records and home advantage.

I don't want to sound deliberately provocative but we've had a rubbish record against the SH teams for ever but we have still done pretty well against England (a team which is consistently above us in the world rankings) in the last 10 years (i.e. A period covering our current squad). So no, win or lose I think we would still have been confident.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 29 Nov - 20:51

I'd have thought that the state of the ground, the weather, team injuries even the referee would have more impact on the 6ns game in Wales, than todays result.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov - 21:07

aucklandlaurie wrote: I'd have thought that the state of the ground, the weather, team injuries even the referee would have more impact on the 6ns game in Wales, than todays result.

Way with words.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 29 Nov - 21:10

Griff wrote:Not really Maj. I take it you mean Wales v England? I think Wales would be confident v England regardless of beating SA just due to recent records and home advantage.

I don't want to sound deliberately provocative but we've had a rubbish record against the SH teams for ever but we have still done pretty well against England (a team which is consistently above us in the world rankings) in the last 10 years (i.e. A period covering our current squad). So no, win or lose I think we would still have been confident.

Yes it does seem odd that Wales have a good record of beating England, but not so good a record of beating the SH teams.

I guess the win today for both NH teams will give each team a confidence boost going forward to the 6ns and beyond.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov - 21:19

majesticimperialman wrote:
Griff wrote:Not really Maj. I take it you mean Wales v England? I think Wales would be confident v England regardless of beating SA just due to recent records and home advantage.

Yes it does seem odd that Wales have a good record of beating England, but not so good a record of beating the SH teams.

I guess the win today for both NH teams will give each team a confidence boost going forward to the 6ns and beyond.

I don't think it's that odd Maj. Again, I don't want to start an argument but apart from a couple of years England have rarely been at the top of the world rankings with SA, NZ and Aus. They've consistently hovered between 4th and 6th, so it seems reasonable that wales would have more success against a team ranked lower than the top 3. Same as we have better success rates against Ireland, Scotland and France than the SH teams, and even better percentage win rate vs the likes of Fiji, Italy, etc. who feature lower down the rankings than us,

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 29 Nov - 21:33

I said all along that I am sick and tired of glorious defeats etc etc and today for me was all about the win.

I didn't give a flying feck how we got it as long as we got it (only just though). I have no nails left and paced a huge hole in the living room during that last 10 minutes, as Biggar said we don't do things the easy way.

Yes there is still a lot to work on but hopefully now this will prove to this bunch of players that they can do it as despite what they say all the close defeats must have got them thinking about it - Biggar admitted it in the interview.

A few things stood out for me:

Lee has had a really good series and doubts over a successor to Jones have been answered.

I thought AWJ has been quite and today and against the Aussies he was outshone by Ball but they are forming a really solid partnership.

I thought Warburton was great today and he to has had a very good Autumn, people slate his captaincy as he doesn't 'scream and shout' but a top leader leads by example and he certainly done that today.

Webb and Biggar have surely now proved they are our first choice half backs and now its upto the competition to up their games and oust them.

Cuthbert also IMO proved a lot of his critics wrong today and he had a good game, yes his defence is dodgy then again so is Norths who has had a poor autumn.

I think we looked far better when Williams was at XV and would love to see him get a run there and let halfpenny fight it out for the wing slot.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 29 Nov - 21:44

I wouldn't be so quick to nail Webb on as our first choice 9 going forward. He is a definite upgrade on Phillips, but he's not untouchable yet. Man in possession so he deserves to start vs England, but he threw two intercepts against Aus, was very good against NZ, but he had his worst game of the series today for me. Several poor passes putting the pressure on Biggar, hopefully Gareth Davies can put some pressure on when he gats back from injury.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 29 Nov - 21:49

JD,

That's what I mean by the likes of Davies, Rh Williams and even Phillips to up their game, likewise the options at No10.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 29 Nov - 21:56

Yeah, was just more of a general comment rather than a reponse to you Bedford. There's got to be balance between building partnerships in key positions as well as picking the players in form.

Think our game plan has been better these last two weeks as well. Biggar has kicked well, especially his up and unders, rather than playing in bad areas and then we've used our swarming defence to good effect. The obvious areas to develop from this are to continue playing the same way, but if we do so we need to be more clinical in the final third and from turnover ball. Need to solidify the set piece too, scrum has been inconsistent (although more good than bad, Lee has been great) and the line out suffered today without Hibbard.

Worrying that Jamie started well vs Aus, but has got worse. JD2 looked rusty in his two games. Think Guscott said at h/t today that 1/2p had made one line break all Autumn which is a worry. Liam looked decent again today out of position. Fully expect North to be back to his best come 6N.

Apologies for this post having no real discernible train of thought!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 29 Nov - 22:00

Wouldn't say Roberts got worse has he had a stormer last week but wasn't at his best today, what I did like today is that two subs aside (one for injury) our starting XV finished the game.

It seems that most coaches these days have set times when they will replace a prop or a No9 despite how they are playing and we've seen how often it then upsets the flow of a team.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 29 Nov - 22:19

wayne wrote:Come on boys, if SA has the number of changes that is being widely reported is true, even though they know what our game plan is going to be, this is the BEST chance we have had since 1999 to win this game, unless Gatland throws a wobbly and selects some real poor players (I'm not talking M. Phillips here), if the team is made up of players who were in the 23 last week, this is the best chance we have had in that period.
I'm a glass half FULL person, be OPTIMISTIC.    

Well, what an insightful person I am, yes not a very good game, yet the right outcome, as somebody else said great to have still on the field practically all of the starting 15, whether that is down to better fitness or scared of the alternatives is a moot point.
My boy Biggar was absolutely brilliant today, the first penalty that we gave away should never have been given, Lacey reckoned the tackled player had his knees on the ground and as was shown in the replays he did NOT, it should have been a penalty to us, thanks to Dan, did anybody besides myself notice who was talking to the ref as they were walking off at half time, it certainly WASN'T the official captain, perhaps this is the way forward, have an official captain, yet have the REAL captain in the background.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 29 Nov - 22:43

Think you'll find many picked his win wayne. Biggest thing for me as a kiwi is the downhill spiralling of skill levels towards the end of the match. Le Roux started knocking everything on, Biggar was dropping poor passes from the 9, whoever the Welsh back was that managed to turn a scrum back at the kick to an attacking bok scrum.

The two matches illustrate exactly Hansens thinking when he rested players for the Scotland match to ocus on the Wales match. The last 20 minutes had the ABs playing at far higher skill levels than any of the 4 sides today who simply stumbled to the whistle...Wales and SA particularly. Not to take away the win but the last 20 was just attrition, hanging on and of very poor skills. Theres a lesson in that for next year.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sat 29 Nov - 23:01

I always said dan would get there and he has.....so far. I have been a lone voice for him many times and thank you dan !!!!!! BUT this tackle count has to stop. we cant go to the rwc with the highest tackler our 10. it will be suicide. got to change. to take him and the team to the next level and control more aspects of the game we can't have 10 up as the first time tackler nullifying opposition play at source. dan reads the game so well he is on the move and tackling , as well as defending the 10 channel, which is always a target.. sexton has TIME on the ball, no chance for dan , he has to make hurried kicks , which were great today, but to take his game and the welsh team to the next level the tactics need looking at.........or rwc time our 10 will be flattened and end of story ( if I was playing us I would put him out of action, don't forget he is cover for halfp too.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 29 Nov - 23:12

gav,

In the past he has had more than his fair share of knockers and it was obvious that Gats thought Priestland was our No1 so maybe he feels he has to do more everytime and offer something none of our other 10s can.

On todays display none of the other contenders could match him on the defence side.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 30 Nov - 0:08

bedfordwelsh wrote:gav,

In the past he has had more than his fair share of knockers and it was obvious that Gats thought Priestland was our No1 so maybe he feels he has to do more everytime and offer something none of our other 10s can.

On todays display none of the other contenders could match him on the defence side.

Agreed, you can add catching high balls, kicking out of hand, not dropping the ball and he is probably our best goal kicker. The rubbish we have had at 10 for the last 3 years I hope is over Dan should buy a little time for others to come through in the 6N.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 30 Nov - 2:45

Just watched the game again after getting back from the MS.

Not a great game, but good dogged performance by Wales. Biggar was emense, as was others. But I have to ask, was Cuthbert playing... He wasn't in the game at all... Time to be dropped I think.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 4:41

Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but yet there were some classic phases of play and some amazing work rate by the Welsh lads. We were a few short as well as the Bok but that apart we proved we are just as good as the top 3 now. No huge changes at 65 minutes helped I think, I have as I stated earlier not liked the idea of mass change for the sake of it.

Well done Wales well deserved, hard luck Boks .... see you in the knock out stages of the WC.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Sun 30 Nov - 5:34

Well done Wales, you were the better team.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 30 Nov - 5:53

Very pleased for Wales fans - it's been a very long wait and everyone should enjoy the win. Just to be an interested neutral for the moment, I hope that this doesn't wipe clean Gatland's slate - my own personal view (which by nature could never be substantiated) is that Wales would have achieved more under the same period with a different coach.

I completely agree that Biggar had his best game - whether that means he'll now be officially first choice now, is unclear.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov - 6:04

NIck Mallett said the other day there is one significant difference between SA and NZ.

We don't use skill to win rugby matches, we use intensity, when we rock up we are near unbeatable as the physical intensity if too much for most teams.

When we don't rock up we don't have enough players with individual skills t pull it through. Willie le Roux is really the only one, and he was poor yesterday.

The fact is when we are terrible we really are terrible, and to be honest both teams were terrible yesterday.

Apart from giving Wales some confidence before the RWC here isn't much else to read into this match.

The match was won by the team who kicked for goal more. Neither team could create a fart in a wind storm.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 30 Nov - 6:21

Biltong wrote:NIck Mallett said the other day there is one significant difference between SA and NZ.

We don't use skill to win rugby matches, we use intensity, when we rock up we are near unbeatable as the physical intensity if too much for most teams.

When we don't rock up we don't have enough players with individual skills t pull it through. Willie le Roux is really the only one, and he was poor yesterday.

The fact is when we are terrible we really are terrible, and to be honest both teams were terrible yesterday.

Apart from giving Wales some confidence before the RWC here isn't much else to read into this match.

The match was won by the team who kicked for goal more. Neither team could create a fart in a wind storm.

Its been like that for a while now and it comes back to using pace. SA will generally rather run through a team rather than around it. Look at the finishing of the 4 teams on show today. Errors, dropped balls, and everyone was exhausted. Le Roux was dropping balls because he was mentally fatgued, he doesn't normally go that poor.

Contrast that with the ABs last 20 minutes. Precision and maximum use of space. Two well executed kicks and goodnight Wales. Being able to apply that sort of skill versus a side yjat is mentally and physically spent. Game changing.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 7:25

Biltong wrote:NIck Mallett said the other day there is one significant difference between SA and NZ.

We beat you, suck it up. It's the way have beaten us for a few years, the wind storm my butt.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 7:28

Taylorman wrote:

Its been like that for a while now and it comes back to using pace. SA will generally rather run through a team rather than around it. Look at the finishing of the 4 teams on show today. Errors, dropped balls, and everyone was exhausted. Le Roux was dropping balls because he was mentally fatgued, he doesn't normally go that poor.

Contrast that with the ABs last 20 minutes. Precision and maximum use of space. Two well executed kicks and goodnight Wales. Being able to apply that sort of skill versus a side yjat is mentally and physically spent. Game changing.

The mass change was the only difference between Wales and the ABs.  One kick that the Kiwis are all creaming themselves about was pure luck.  SBW was battered each and every time.  Gatland has realised that there is little to gain in mass changes,  LAST 20???  you were behind at 69!!!! Try watching the game and stop watching the stupid sports programmes on NZ TV Laugh Any county that has a Georgie Pie league in sport .... nuff said steam
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 30 Nov - 7:37

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

The mass change was the only difference between Wales and the ABs.  One kick that the Kiwis are all creaming themselves about was pure luck.  SBW was battered each and every time.  Gatland has realised that there is little to gain in mass changes,  LAST 20???  you were behind at 69!!!! Try watching the game and stop watching the stupid sports programmes on NZ TV Laugh  Any county that has a Georgie Pie league in sport .... nuff said steam

we beat you...suck it up. The mass change came as the Welsh players were gasping for breath. Luck is it? How long have you been watching the ABs get lucky Rainbow? So if they hadnt subed those out of breath would have held out? Yeah right. I hear Davies will take all Summer to recover...geeez. 1954 rainbow....1954...thats a lot of...luck.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 7:49

Taylorman wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

The mass change was the only difference between Wales and the ABs.  One kick that the Kiwis are all creaming themselves about was pure luck.  SBW was battered each and every time.  Gatland has realised that there is little to gain in mass changes,  LAST 20???  you were behind at 69!!!! Try watching the game and stop watching the stupid sports programmes on NZ TV Laugh  Any county that has a Georgie Pie league in sport .... nuff said steam

we beat you...suck it up. The mass change came as the Welsh players were gasping for breath. Luck is it? How long have you been watching the ABs get lucky Rainbow? So if they hadnt subed those out of breath would have held out? Yeah right. I hear Davies will take all Summer to recover...geeez. 1954 rainbow....1954...thats a lot of...luck.

The decent kiwis I know sucked it up and knew they were lucky including the parents of a 15 who did not play in the game:) You hang on to Justin Marshalls every word if you want, we know what some kiwis think of him already Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 7:53

Oh by the way, if they don't get lucky and they lose it is usualy down to Ebola, Georgie Pie poisoning, haka insults, or too much KFC chewing aye Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov - 7:54

rainbow-warrior wrote:

We beat you, suck it up.  It's the way have beaten us for a few years, the wind storm my butt.

Yes, you did beat us, and for that I congratulated your team, and if you want to take more out of that win, do so, your arrogance is however showing your desperation in having wanted to say that to a SH big three for the last 22 times Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 8:00

Biltong wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

We beat you, suck it up.  It's the way have beaten us for a few years, the wind storm my butt.

Yes, you did beat us, and for that I congratulated your team, and if you want to take more out of that win, do so, your arrogance is however showing your desperation in having wanted to say that to a SH big three for the last 22 times Wink

Again I know more S Africans than you think, none of them think that Wink Since 2011 and our robbed win in the WC it has been on the cards. It's happened, you lost and I was so sorry for you, you must have been gutted. What are you saying the win was worthless? What was the last test in S Africa then when you had to rely on a penalty try and a kick between the post? Make of that what you want too, arrogance will be earth moving egg
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov - 8:09

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Biltong wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Again I know more S Africans than you think, none of them think that Wink  Since 2011 and our robbed win in the WC it has been on the cards.  It's happened, you lost and I was so sorry for you, you must have been gutted.  What are you saying the win was worthless?  What was the last test in S Africa then when you had to rely on a penalty try and a kick between the post?  Make of that what you want too, arrogance will be earth moving egg

No, I wasn't gutted that we lost, if you read back I predicted it. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 8:12

Biltong wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Biltong wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Again I know more S Africans than you think, none of them think that Wink  Since 2011 and our robbed win in the WC it has been on the cards.  It's happened, you lost and I was so sorry for you, you must have been gutted.  What are you saying the win was worthless?  What was the last test in S Africa then when you had to rely on a penalty try and a kick between the post?  Make of that what you want too, arrogance will be earth moving egg

Yes you did...but with a lot of arrogance that was the problem. However, I am very used to the SH ways, apart from the Falkland Island who are far more genuine.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Nov - 8:16

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Biltong wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
Biltong wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Yes you did...but with a lot of arrogance that was the problem.  However, I am very used to the SH ways, apart from the Falkland Island who are far more genuine.

Pray tell, how does one predict a loss with arrogance, I am intrigued to know?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 30 Nov - 8:28

Wales were very lucky to get away with that win. The last 5 minutes was reminiscent of laurel and Hardy with all the dropped balls. And rainbow accredits that to a no rush of subs? I mean who would claim that as a positive, players falling over themselves to see who could drop the ball the most.

As if the subs could have done worse. Its only that the boks made more handling errors that Wales flopped over the line. good one rainbow...classy...going home for christmas?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Nov - 8:30

He ought to be deported home for Christmas after the George Pie comments. Wink

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Sun 30 Nov - 8:33; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 30 Nov - 8:34

The Loaded Dog wrote:He ought to be deported home for Christmas after the George Pie comments.

mmm...havn't actually tried them since they've come back...note to self...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 8:37

Taylorman wrote:Wales were very lucky to get away with that win. The last 5 minutes was reminiscent of laurel and Hardy with all the dropped balls. And rainbow accredits that to a no rush of subs? I mean who would claim that as a positive, players falling over themselves to see who could drop the ball the most.

As if the subs could have done worse. Its only that the boks made more handling errors that Wales flopped over the line. good one rainbow...classy...going home for christmas?

Pssst I am home ...dual citizen pal Smile As I say drool from the usual kiwi dross is the norm here. Like I say I live above that, AB defenders parents assure me the likes of you are so rarely found. After 15 years I am still trying to catch one of you. Whistle
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 8:39

Taylorman wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:He ought to be deported home for Christmas after the George Pie comments.

mmm...havn't actually tried them since they've come back...note to self...

Try the eggs in NZ there's a whole range of them some of them eggier than others Laugh
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 30 Nov - 8:42

There is always one isnt there!

Rainbow if you are completely happy with that performance from Wales and think we will win next time if we play like that and SA have their first xv you are completely deluded - the type of attitude inherent in some Welsh fans which only goes to show why we will never consistently beat these teams.

I am satisfied with the win, but the manner and in particular the SA teams performance makes it a slightly hollow victory in my eyes

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 30 Nov - 8:45

George Carlin wrote:Very pleased for Wales fans - it's been a very long wait and everyone should enjoy the win. Just to be an interested neutral for the moment, I hope that this doesn't wipe clean Gatland's slate - my own personal view (which by nature could never be substantiated) is that Wales would have achieved more under the same period with a different coach.

I completely agree that Biggar had his best game - whether that means he'll now be officially first choice now, is unclear.

I dont agree with you George, the standard that Gats has to drag these players up to from regional level is staggering,

If he was getting a squad from very successful regional teams obliterating all before them in europe I may agree with you.

He is getting the most out of what he has and the regions (and the players) need to take responsibility for improving our domestic standard

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 8:52

GavinDragon wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Very pleased for Wales fans - it's been a very long wait and everyone should enjoy the win. Just to be an interested neutral for the moment, I hope that this doesn't wipe clean Gatland's slate - my own personal view (which by nature could never be substantiated) is that Wales would have achieved more under the same period with a different coach.

I dont agree with you George, the standard that Gats has to drag these players up to from regional level is staggering,

If he was getting a squad from very successful regional teams obliterating all before them in europe I may agree with you.

He is getting the most out of what he has and the regions (and the players) need to take responsibility for improving our domestic standard

I know what deluded means mate. I am not like most of the keyboard warriors here who are filled with apathy it's like chewing onions reading their posts ..you too mind Whistle You think the Boks have been keen to play Wales over the last 3 -4 years, ot the Aussies? Hardly think so they know they are at very least on par with Wales. NZ, well they are on par with no one, they have a lengthy book of excuses hidden in the Beehive and will churn one out when required, then it becomes law to believe it and obey.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov - 8:56

No you're not like most keyboard warriors, you're a whole new level. You're top of the tree. You're like the All Blacks of keyboard warriors - best in the world, no-one can touch you.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 8:59

Griff wrote:No you're not like most keyboard warriors, you're a whole new level. You're top of the tree. You're like the All Blacks of keyboard warriors - best in the world, no-one can touch you.

Duw go back to bed and take some andrew's lad. The next hour will clear you out of your pain. One of the apathy XV are ya Smile?
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov - 9:01

I don't think you know the meaning of 'apathy'. Back to school for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov - 9:11

School Smile I wish.... satchels for goalposts ooh, idiots from Newport to kick over them ohhhh

Waking up in dummyland, nos da hogiau. ............. that'll baffle them in S Wales Wink
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 30 Nov - 9:18

Bit of a hollow victory for me as well. We played rubbish for the majority of the game, we played far better in the game we lost by a single point in SA. Both teams were a bit depleted but managed to cope well I think, sad to see JDV get a nasty injury. There was a questionable sin-bin in what remains a grey area; but my take on that is that both challenges were slightly reckless as the SA player didn't really have a chance of catching the ball. I guess we'll take the win though. We've been losing ugly to these teams for a while, so now we'll win ugly and move on... SA were in it until the last minute, the final 10 wasn't comfortable for me at all. Wales have got to execute better. Execution has been poor all autumn but perhaps a shake-up of the team will help.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next