The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuncay joins Bolton

4 posters

Go down

Tuncay joins Bolton Empty Tuncay joins Bolton

Post by hbk4894 Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

Turkish international Tuncay Sanli has joined Bolton Wanderers from Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg on a season-long loan.

The deal sees the striker return to the Barclays Premier League following a six-month spell in Germany.

Tuncay moved from Stoke City to Wolfsburg in January, having previously forged his reputation in English football during a two-year stay at Middlesbrough.

With Boro, Tuncay netted 17 Premier League goals in 59 starts, while at Stoke he added another eight goals to his total.

The forward has also represented Turkish giants Fenerbahce where he shot to prominence in the European Champions League with a hat-trick against Manchester United.

Speaking about his move back to English football, Tuncay said: "I had good talks with the Manager and we spoke a lot about football and his ambitions for the club and I wanted to be part of that."

Owen Coyle was equally as pleased to be given the opportunity to work with Tuncay, saying: "Bolton Wanderers are delighted to have secured the loan for Tuncay. He has great experience added to the proven quality he possesses. We are pleased to have brought him to our club."

From Bolton Website

hbk4894

Back to top Go down

Tuncay joins Bolton Empty Re: Tuncay joins Bolton

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm

A very good signing for Bolton, they've made some pretty good signings this summer so far, I think they need just one more decent striker and they'll be sorted for their team.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:43 pm

I always felt he was under used when he was last in the premier league. Very talented player and a great signing. He'll work well with Bolton's hard working ethic.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:47 pm

He is ok - will run around alot, which can be deceptive as he actually contributes very little - that said he can do some sublime things with a football and maybe we didnt see enough of the best of him at the Boro

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

Very inconsistent player, but could od well to support Davies this season. Still need someone to create their own chances upfront though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down