The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia Vs Newport Gwent Dragons

3 posters

Go down

Russia Vs Newport Gwent Dragons Empty Russia Vs Newport Gwent Dragons

Post by Shifty Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Russia play the Dragons on Tuesday 16th august at 19:00.
I was considering going up to the game, however I haven't been to Rodney Parade before and am having no luck finding out information about their ticketing policies or car parking arrangements.

Is it possible to get tickets on match days at their stadium and is there any near by car parking that is easily accessable?

Thanks to any Dragons fans (or anyone else) who can assist. Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Russia Vs Newport Gwent Dragons Empty Re: Russia Vs Newport Gwent Dragons

Post by manofgwent Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Alyn. You'd be able to get tickets on the night. You'd also be fine parking. For myself, Rodney parade is within walking distance but I can't see a big crowd, so you'd be fine parking on a street near the ground. There are a couple of multi-storie car parks in the city centre, but if you've become attached to your wheel trims, I wouldn't bother. Hope you make it and hope you come back with the ospreys too.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:06 pm

manofgwent wrote:Alyn. You'd be able to get tickets on the night. You'd also be fine parking. For myself, Rodney parade is within walking distance but I can't see a big crowd, so you'd be fine parking on a street near the ground. There are a couple of multi-storie car parks in the city centre, but if you've become attached to your wheel trims, I wouldn't bother. Hope you make it and hope you come back with the ospreys too.

Thanks for replying, my partner is keen to go with me, she's a Newport girl, so hopefully we can palm the kids off on Mum in law, and we can get down there Smile. If all goes well I will bring the lads with me when the Ospreys go down there too Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:41 am

Alyn, there will be plenty of seats to choose from so you should feel at home if you usually sit in the Liberty Wink

Have a good night out and enjoy a proper rugby ground !
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks very much Smile

My partner is from Newport, Iv'e been asking her where the rugby ground is but she had no idea! Funnily enough I went up there today and her house was literally 2 streets away, so how the hell she managed to live there half her life (Eton Road) and miss a stadium I have no idea. Erm

Apart from that I drove up there today (from Porthcawl) with my partner and kids and went into the shop, bought 2 tickets for the match, travelled 45 miles home only to notice they'd given me the wrong tickets! They gave me ones for Leeds and Newport, not Russia. I rang up and complained but they apologised and said they'd correct it on the match day. Erm

What was even more odd is that I tried to buy a Dragons jersey to wear for the game (£15), and they had XL there, i tried it on and it wouldn't fit. What's stranger is the Ospreys XL fits perfectly, and their both made by Kooga.
I guess Kooga give Swansea / Bridgend people more belly room than they give Gwent people! Shocked

I thought about trying the Dragons shorts, but I assume they would be to tight in the crotch area....
Low blow sorry, couldn't help it 🤦
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Alyn, if you were trying a Kooga Dragons shirt then you are a bit out of date mate. Gilbert now and last season, then Canterbury before that.

I hope you have a good day Tuesday. I'll be there and at the Dragons v Leeds game too. Hopefully see you for a drink on me.

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 am

At the end of the 2010 season, the dragons were selling off actual players jerseys. I waded through the Tom Riley shirts and picked up Jason tovey's shirt. I thought he's about my dap. Wrong!! I didn't try it on in the shop but once I put it on I couldn't get it off without help. I ended up plumping for Joe bearman's shirt. Man it's still tight and I feel that I've cursed the bloke ever since.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:09 am

Risca Rev wrote:Alyn, if you were trying a Kooga Dragons shirt then you are a bit out of date mate. Gilbert now and last season, then Canterbury before that.

I hope you have a good day Tuesday. I'll be there and at the Dragons v Leeds game too. Hopefully see you for a drink on me.

Thanks very much Hug
I know my partner is very excited to see the game. She told out 7 year old daughter she was going to see a game with me, and my daughter says "Mum your only going to look at the men in tight shorts"! Seven years old and she comes out with that, I guess my big problem is my daughter is a carbon copy of her mum so god help me when I'm older Headscratch.
Still I'm glad to be going to Rodney Parade, I know my way blindfolded to the other 3 regions stadiums as I go past most regularly for my job.

Canterbury? Their shirts are awful, I got the Blues home and away shirt from last season, their not very flattering at all to be honest, fine if you have an athletes body but for your normal rugby fan, who is sitting down drinking beer... well. Doh
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down