The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Under Rated Matches

+7
psycho-gooner
NickisBHAFC
Aaronb33
Samo
TopoftheChops
bretmeharty
AberdeenSteve
11 posters

Go down

Most Under Rated Matches Empty Most Under Rated Matches

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:34 pm

In the past month we have been treated to one of the best wrestling feuds/matches in quite some time. This will go down in history as one of the greatest of all time and quite rightly so.

However, in wrestling history there have been matches that haven't been given credit that they deserve and I'd like the 606v2 wrestling community to put forward their matches that have been under rated in the past. I'll put my match up forward.

Edge v Undertaker -Wrestlemania 24;

One of my all time favourite feuds. Both wrestlers had been epic for almost a year that always had me completely engrossed throughout. It was also the first time I remember thinking that the Undertaker would actually lose at Wrestlemania. The build up was superb and the match itself was sensational. So many near calls, Edge kicking out numerous Tombstones and vice versa with Undertaker kicking out of several of Edge's finishers. It has however I feel never been given the credit it deserved.

Your views/opinions?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Most Under Rated Matches Empty Re: Most Under Rated Matches

Post by bretmeharty Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:43 pm

Edge vs Owen Hart at breakdown 98'

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

Edge vs Jericho- WM 26

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:51 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Edge vs Owen Hart at breakdown 98'

That is a fantastic match. I may actually go look out my Edge DVD to watch it. Wasn't that Edge's PPV debut too?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:52 pm

Sid Vicious vs El Gigante stretcher match

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:55 pm

I agree with Abe that the Edge vs Taker match was realluy under-rated.

Another match that I love that I think is under-rated is Mankind vs Shawn Michaels at IYH, it was up until 2004 Mick Foley's favourite match he had been in and was an awesome match to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sun 14 Aug 2011, 8:07 pm

Mankind vs Taker boiler room matches. Often get overshadowed by the HIAC match but much better IMO.

Jericho vs HHH WM18. Obviously massively overshadowed by Hogan/Rock and a big mistake putting it last on the card. Still, very good match.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

Randy Orton vs CM Punk at this years Mania i thought was acctually a very good match which no one seemed to rate that much

The Rock vs HHH vs Big Show Survivor Serise 1999

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 14 Aug 2011, 8:38 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:Edge vs Owen Hart at breakdown 98'

That is a fantastic match. I may actually go look out my Edge DVD to watch it. Wasn't that Edge's PPV debut too?

Close but No Edge wrestled with sable at Summerslam before that, but it was the first time Christian appeared in the WWF

I didn't actually know it was on his DVD, I got the video of breakdown and watch it every now and again

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sun 14 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Randy Orton vs CM Punk at this years Mania i thought was acctually a very good match which no one seemed to rate that much

Probably because CM Punk carries Orton the entire match, Orton comes out with a single RKO and wins it. Was more frustrating than enjoyable

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sun 14 Aug 2011, 9:05 pm

Mine is one most of you probably won't remember, a couple of years back, in the lead up to Bragging Rights '09 I believe, I always enjoyed a match from Raw contested between arguably the two most hated men by the IWC- Triple H and John Cena. Lots of good spots and near falls, with an unpredictable and surprising finish.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:27 pm

Triple H vs Owen Hart at WM14 was a match I loved at the time but never really got any praise. I haven't seen it for at least ten years though so I've got no idea if it holds up!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:03 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Triple H vs Owen Hart at WM14 was a match I loved at the time but never really got any praise. I haven't seen it for at least ten years though so I've got no idea if it holds up!

Really Crips??? - Do you not remember how silly it was having Chyna handcruffed to Slaughter at ringside?

Bret Hart vs Razor Ramon Royal Rumble 93?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

Brady12 wrote:
Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Triple H vs Owen Hart at WM14 was a match I loved at the time but never really got any praise. I haven't seen it for at least ten years though so I've got no idea if it holds up!

Really Crips??? - Do you not remember how silly it was having Chyna handcruffed to Slaughter at ringside?

Well, I was completely wet behind the ears at the time. I had no knowledge of anything other than what I saw on TV. Obviously I knew it was, to some extent, pre-determined, but that was about it.

Like I said, I haven't seen it for years. Although on paper I like the Chyna stip as it made sense, and I like how the heels overcame the stip. I remember being really incensed when they cheated Owen out of the win, because in those days I loved the babyfaces and hated the heels.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Most Under Rated Matches Empty Re: [No title]

Post by Bonesaw's ready Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

I always use this example but; Macho Man & Mr. Perfect v. Ric Flair and Razor Ramon from Survivor Series 92. Brilliant storytelling and Heenan on commentary sold Perfect's face turn really well.

My favourite tag match ever, much prefer it to all that TLC business

Bonesaw's ready

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down