The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Corporate Stable? *SS Spoilers*

+5
legendkillar
liverbnz
TwisT
Buzzman
sodhat
9 posters

Go down

New Corporate Stable? *SS Spoilers* Empty New Corporate Stable? *SS Spoilers*

Post by sodhat Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:16 am

So with Del Rio and Nash seemingly in cahoots, and HHH probably the mastermind of the whole thing, does this open up the possibility of a new 'Corporate' stable?

Nash, being HHH's buddy seems a good fit, and along with a heel Del Rio as the privileged corporate champion could WWE be positioning HHH to lead a faction a'la Vince's original Corporation?

This would give a face Punk something to rail against while Cena should be off busying himself with The Rock.

Would it work, and who else could they recruit?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

New Corporate Stable? *SS Spoilers* Empty Re: New Corporate Stable? *SS Spoilers*

Post by Buzzman Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:38 am

once again the WWE have sprung a total suprise in a MASSIVE main event, and i have to say it's a good suprise again! This gives Punk something to battle against and can turn him face. Cena will carry on in the main event scene as his leg was on the rope. Don't expect him to feud with the Rock for a while still.

Last edited by Buzzman on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change of mind)

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

New Corporate Stable? *SS Spoilers* Empty Re: New Corporate Stable? *SS Spoilers*

Post by TwisT Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:01 am

I think it is a massive step backwards. I can see Punk going back to mid-card sooner rather than later and it would be Cena to fight against this Corporation (if it happens)

IF, and it is an if, there is a Punk v HHH run, I can only see Trips winning.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I just think the ending of SS should have been played out over months not one night. If Nash HAD to come back then don't also have Del Rio cashing in on the same night. It is such a rush job.

Unless Raw tonight sets the scene clearly over who is now feuding with who, then I would be majorly disappointed.

Hopefully it would be Punk vs Del Rio and Cena vs HHH, for a short run before the Rock bandwagon comes back. Maybe Vince gets involved as well to try and take back control, and Cena has a choice of siding with a heel Trips or a face Vince. And, hope beyond hope, he chooses the heel route setting it up nicely for the Rock feud.

As for Punk and Del Rio, I think they could have some cracking matches for the title. Punk won't have to carry Del Rio in a match like he had to with Cena.

Saying all this, I'm afraid what will happen will be the reverse (Punk v HHH/Nash and Cena v Del Rio). What we will get then is Punk nose diving back down through the glass ceiling he only just broke and some pants match ups between Cena and Del Rio.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

I think it's very intriguing to be honest. Plenty of questions to be answered on RAW and that's one way to keep people watching. I think they'll use Nash/Diesel as Del Rio's enforcer and slow build HHH being in cahoots with them.

It'll be interesting to see how Punk and Cena go forward from here though.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

Surprised with the negativity if I am honest. Can't see Cena feuding with HHH/Nash/Del Rio. It makes sense for Punk to as this looks to be a long lasting feud. Have Cena taken out for a while and allow this feud to develop. Have Ziggler pushed into the stable to beef it up a bit and then maybe push another face up the Raw roster. Any ideas?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:34 pm

If triple h is involved in this faction,the other guys will just be that. Nash was on his way out in tna,so why should I be excited here?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

I think it is interesting to see where WWE takes things, Triple H looked incredibly surprised and with Stephanie McMahon being involed at the moment it's really interesting, John Cena had gone backstage before Kevin Nash and Del Rio came out, Stephanie was in Cena's locker room, there is so much potential for a good and interesting feud to come out of it.

I think Del Rio's cash in and Kevin Nash's interference were related Twist, and that's why they had to happen on the same night.

I think everybody is being negative because of their own assumptions at what will happen.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

Unless vince or steph are behind Nash I don't see a way for the story to progress. It would make no sense for HHH to be involved as he is already in charge (and he resigned punk ao they can't test that into a repeat Austin McMahon angle).

Hopefully raw will clear somethings up.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:08 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think it is interesting to see where WWE takes things, Triple H looked incredibly surprised and with Stephanie McMahon being involed at the moment it's really interesting, John Cena had gone backstage before Kevin Nash and Del Rio came out, Stephanie was in Cena's locker room, there is so much potential for a good and interesting feud to come out of it.

I think Del Rio's cash in and Kevin Nash's interference were related Twist, and that's why they had to happen on the same night.

I think everybody is being negative because of their own assumptions at what will happen.

Granted I can understand that the cash in and arrival of Nash could well be related (as his enforcer/bodyguard etc etc). But would you not rather have seen Del Rio cash it in at least 2 or 3 PPV's after he actually won the case? I would rather have seen Nash come out like he did, and for us not to know why so you have either:

1) He was working for himself
2) Trips hired him
3) Hired by some unknown person

Then keep people guessing for a few weeks, perhaps teasing that it was HHH, Vince or even Cena and THEN have Del Rio cash in in 2 ppv's time and win the belt with Nash's help (after building Del Rio up in the weeks beforehand with some good wins over quality opponents) and then all is revealed.

If you are a Del Rio fan I think you should be worried. I cannot see him holding onto the title for very long, and as I said I would have loved to see a Punk v Del Rio group of matches.

Being positive though it does give the top order a shuffle. You now have DR, Punk, Cena and to a latter extent HHH, Nash and Mysterio (this hinges on his match with DR tonight). And, I know I have said this a few times before, I am just waiting for the moment Vince comes back to take control - I still see a Trips v Vince "control of the company" match at Wrestlemania happening.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:14 pm

I agree I would rather have seen Del Rio keep hold of the briefcase for a while longer, but if they are going down the route that Nash took out Punk for Del Rio to cash in then it does make sense to have them happen on the same night. I think people would lose interest if every week Nash was all mysterious about why he did it for a month or two or three as you are suggesting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I agree I would rather have seen Del Rio keep hold of the briefcase for a while longer, but if they are going down the route that Nash took out Punk for Del Rio to cash in then it does make sense to have them happen on the same night. I think people would lose interest if every week Nash was all mysterious about why he did it for a month or two or three as you are suggesting.

Maybe not two or three months but until at least the next PPV. 3 weeks of building it up wouldn't have been that bad.

Do you feel that Nash is going to overshadow Del Rio now? Because it comes back to my point of trying to build Del Rio up to be a credible champ. If Nash is always going to interfere and help Del Rio in matches, won't it turn out to be a Miz/Riley combo all over again? I mean look where the Miz is now.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:29 pm

I'm hoping this doesnt put Nash in the title picture...

But is there a chance that it could all unfold that Del Rio is responsible for getting rid of Vince, putting HHH in place and hiring Nash? The guy is supposed to be loaded right? I'm sure they could make out like he bought a controlling share in the company or something like that.

He could build up a lot of heat that way i would have thought...maybe not for the right reasons though. ADR the new CEO! Only wrestles at PPV and guys have to jump through hoops to get there..Cena and Punk hopefully. one as the whiter than white and the other as the anti-hero?

I'm just thinking out loud Smile

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:37 pm

longrangeeffort wrote:I'm hoping this doesnt put Nash in the title picture...

But is there a chance that it could all unfold that Del Rio is responsible for getting rid of Vince, putting HHH in place and hiring Nash? The guy is supposed to be loaded right? I'm sure they could make out like he bought a controlling share in the company or something like that.

He could build up a lot of heat that way i would have thought...maybe not for the right reasons though. ADR the new CEO! Only wrestles at PPV and guys have to jump through hoops to get there..Cena and Punk hopefully. one as the whiter than white and the other as the anti-hero?

I'm just thinking out loud Smile

First time I read that I dismissed it out of hand
Second time I read that it suddenly dawned on me that could be plausible.
Third time I read that I decided IF it happened I would stop watching

🤦

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

I like the idea, and think it's a stronger possibility now after last night's action, that Cena and Punk will team together to take on a corrupt corporate stable or something of that ilk, the joining together of two people with seemingly completley different ideas on how to go about things. It will also be WWE's way of trying to get Cena more popular with the older side of fans.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:14 pm

@leak

What's your thoughts on Nash?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down