The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Destroy Rangers to go 8 clear.

4 posters

Go down

Celtic Destroy Rangers to go 8 clear. Empty Celtic Destroy Rangers to go 8 clear.

Post by David Tails Sun 20 Feb 2011, 3:04 pm

That is all! :606laugh: :606laugh: :606laugh:

Nah, lets add more detail: -
Celtic took a significant step towards the Scottish Premier League title with a clinical defeat of their old rivals.
Gary Hooper delighted the home fans with the opening goal in 17 minutes, accelerating past David Weir and firing through keeper Allan McGregor's legs.
Then Emilio Izaguirre's surging run and delicious cross set up Hooper to fire home from six yards on 28 minutes.
Rangers rarely threatened and Commons' swerving shot from 22 yards sealed a comprehensive and significant win.
The teams scarcely needed familiarity to breed contempt but, with this being their fourth of seven meetings this season in league and cups, there was a danger that tempers could flare.

Full Story : BBC Sport - Click Here

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Celtic Destroy Rangers to go 8 clear. Empty Re: Celtic Destroy Rangers to go 8 clear.

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 20 Feb 2011, 3:30 pm

It was sore to watch just how bad Davie Weir was today. Fair play to Celtic, they were fantastic

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Celtic Destroy Rangers to go 8 clear. Empty Re: Celtic Destroy Rangers to go 8 clear.

Post by Adam D Sun 20 Feb 2011, 6:43 pm

Although I am neither a Rangers or Celtic fan (but I do live in Glasgow), Celtic are so far ahead of Rangers at the moment. And with the financial plight of Rangers, the gap will get bigger over the next few years.

Dark times ahead at Ibrox unless a rich benefactor can be found.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sun 20 Feb 2011, 6:48 pm

interesting for me as Rangers have dominated the last few years

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 7:11 pm

Celtic need to remember who was the first to wear the green! Celtic Destroy Rangers to go 8 clear. 173446

I don't like Rangers but Neil Lennon makes me despise Celtic more.

What's happened to Craig Whytes takeover?

And isn't Davie Weir like 104??

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 20 Feb 2011, 7:25 pm

Celtic looked really fresh and young.

Rangers looked stale.

Unless Rangers getsome cash and stop bringing in loan signings things will not improve. Selling your top goal scorer for pennies isnt helping the cause either.

I really dislike Celtic but on todays performance and Rangers performance in the trasnfer window, I can see Celtic winning things for the foreseable future.

I really would like Rangers to prove me wrong - my best mates dad played for Rangers so I like to see them do well.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Sun 20 Feb 2011, 7:33 pm

As I'm sure you can gather, I'm a Celtic fan. I'm delighted today, not just by the result, but the performance to go with it.

For years now I've seen Celtic stumble when they need to kick on, but (as much as I hate him) Lennon seems to have put a good team together. They are fighting for each other.
Kayal, Hooper, Izaguirre and Ledley have all been star buys in my opinion.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 7:50 pm

i like celtic so glad they won today wat a result with rangers having 2 games in hand celic needed to put in everything today and they did i can say now its in celtic own hands they need to keep giving everything they have in every game then they will have the title bk where it belongs

well done lads
thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down