The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witter Catastrophe

4 posters

Go down

Witter Catastrophe Empty Witter Catastrophe

Post by oxring Sun 20 Feb 2011, 3:42 pm

Junior "the hitter" Witter had a disastrous moment last night - as he lost to unherealded Romanian Victor Lupo Puiu for the ludicrously named WBC international silver WW title.

Deducted one point for holding and visiting the canvas several time from Puio's throws and Witter's own trips and slips - he lost by MD, scores of 97-92, 96-94 and 95-95.

After an embarassing blowout defeat against Devon Alexander - is life now over for the once-rated LWW champion?

T'will be a frustrating career for Sheffield's man - after chasing Hatton for a fight over years (for the record, although Hatton should win - Witter stylistically presents problems for Ricky) he is left with embarassing defeats to kids and never-were fighters.

Is there anywhere left for him to go?

Discuss...

Apologies for the error - the guy who beat him was called Victor Puiu, not Victor Lupo. Puiu now moves onto 19-1-2.

Last edited by oxring on Sun 20 Feb 2011, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Witter Catastrophe Empty Re: Witter Catastrophe

Post by azania Sun 20 Feb 2011, 3:52 pm

He should find alternative ways of making a living. He is a pretty good analyst though. So maybe sky can employ him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus Sun 20 Feb 2011, 4:08 pm

There is little else for Witter to do now.

He should retire happy in the Knowledge that he was at least the WBC champion for some time. In many respects his slightly lacklustre career was not all his own fault I think he was poorly managed in terms of being a good name, and he was quite an awkward fighter you could say he was a memeber of the "who needs him club".

Having said all the above if he does stick around, he may prove a good yardstick at LWW if he can still get down to that weight, I would argue there is money to made as a divisional gatekeeper, If he is in to that kind of thing.

I certainly don't want him to become an analyst i am not doubting his knowledge but his voice really gets to me.

Rufus

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 20 Feb 2011, 4:54 pm

Well I think we can safely say (as if it weren't apparent before) that Witter's career at any level even approaching 'world' is over now. I personally think that poor management and promotion has damaged his career; he will never be seen as such, but he was a legitimate world champion and deserved a fight with Hatton between 2006 and 2008.

Aside from a future Welterweight edition of Prize Fighter, I don't see how Witter can re-establish himself as anything more than a decent name for an up and comer to put on their record, now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down