The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatton v witter

4 posters

Go down

Hatton v witter Empty Hatton v witter

Post by Rich1066 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 6:56 am

On the theme of fights that should have happened (Lewis vs bowe), this fight should have happened. At what point do u think the fight could have happened before hattons attitude harden to "I hate him so much I don't ern want to give him a payday". When do you think the fight shouldn't taken place and what would the likely outcome be?

Rich1066

Back to top Go down

Hatton v witter Empty Re: Hatton v witter

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:35 am

Take your pick, really; the fight was viable and mooted almost permanently from 2000 / 2001 right up until Witter's loss to Bradley in 2008. The best window for it, I suppose, would have been from 2006 to 2008 when Witter held the WBC title, which would have made it a 140 lb unification bout on top of a much-anticipated grudge match, but it could have been a top-class domestic dust up long before that as well.

As for the fight itself, I think Hatton stops Witter late on after having a bit of a torrid time in the early rounds. I think Witter had the tools to make things awkward and frustrating for Hatton early on, but he never had the best of engines and I see Hatton slowly but surely wearing him down and Witter becoming discouraged as a result. Hatton by TKO in rounds nine to eleven, or something along those lines.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich1066 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 10:00 am

Agree with the late stoppage, I think witter gave most opponents problems in the first few rounds but also himself. I don't think the continuous switc hitting of the ingle gym always helps. Which fighters pull it off best?

Rich1066

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 18 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

Think Chris' analysis is a reasonable assessment if the most likely outcome. But then he is a multi award winner so I'd expect nothing less.

There was a period of time, when witter was knocking people over for fun, and given Ricky could be wobbled, and rarely fought anyone with a pulse, there is the possibility that witter could have taken him out early. He certainly wouldn't have to go looking for him. It would have to be early though, junior always seemed to fade after about 5 rounds. His chin was good enough to see him last the distance, but I'd fancy Ricky's bodywork to slow him down enough for a lateish stoppage, or if not, a closeish but comfortable points win. Those first 5 rounds would have been interesting though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:20 pm

Rich1066 wrote:Agree with the late stoppage, I think witter gave most opponents problems in the first few rounds but also himself. I don't think the continuous switc hitting of the ingle gym always helps. Which fighters pull it off best?

naz and rhodes used it best

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down