The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Care out of the world cup !!!!!!!!!

+27
bedfordwelsh
B91212
Great White
HURLEY_BURLEY
greenandpleasantland
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
yappysnap
Jenifer McLadyboy
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
formerly known as Sam
funnyExiledScot
Mr Bounce
Smirnoffpriest
flankertye
EnglishReign
cabbagesandbrussels
Bombardier
tomathy
robbo277
dummy_half
RubyGuby
screamingaddabs
geoff998rugby
Comfort
Effervescing Elephant
LordDowlais
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Danny Care out of the world cup !!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Danny Care out of the world cup !!!!!!!!!

Post by LordDowlais Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 13:26

First topic message reminder :

The news is that Danny Care will not recover in time from his toe injury to make the world cup. Seems like the British guys are falling like flies. What are your thoughts ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Danny Care out of the world cup !!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Care out of the world cup !!!!!!!!!

Post by tomathy Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 16:50

beshocked wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
Flutey at 10?!

I think Flutey needs to prove that he can still play as an inside centre before even considering another position..

Won a HEC Final playing at ten.

No he didn't.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6663245.stm

Flutey has never won the HC!

Danny Cipriani won a HEC final playing at full back would you pick him there?

I think Sam was thinking of the premiership final in 2008, when flutey played fly half after Cipriani broke his leg in the Semi-Final. Flutey was fantastic that day.

EDIT: In fairness, both games were against Leicester, so it's an understandable mix-up
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Danny Care out of the world cup !!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Care out of the world cup !!!!!!!!!

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 16:53

Flutey has never won the HC!

No it was the GP final wasn't it. Sorry my bad. Damn Pests had a habit of beating us in finals I generally do my best to try and forget them.

I'd have rather introduced Cipriani slowly to international rugby via full back rather than rushing him into the 10 shirt only to watch his confidence take a kicking with every charged down kick the reporters wouldn't let him forget.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 17:20

Flutey's godlike achievements are in the far past unfortunately for his admirers.

4 in a row charge down kicks is impressive for anyone. Must be a world record.

Sam don't bring up the whole if he is good enough to play well in an English premiership final he should play 10......

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 18:49

beshocked wrote:Flutey's godlike achievements are in the far past unfortunately for his admirers.

4 in a row charge down kicks is impressive for anyone. Must be a world record.

Sam don't bring up the whole if he is good enough to play well in an English premiership final he should play 10......

How about if hes good enough to make Jamie Noon look good and beat Ireland in an England shirt ( theres not may who can claim that!)

And as for Flutey, if hes good enough for New Zealand B....

But seriously yeah Cipriani was a mess, and Flutey was only breifly a genuinly good player and is no more of a 10 than Farrell senior was at the last world cup. But lets not mention Farrells or Barrits infront of the Saracens fan.....

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 20:59

Its never good to see any player miss out because of injury regadless of what people think of them.

For example I really hope Bennett doesn't go to the WC for us but wouldn't wish an injury on him.

Care proved what type bloke he is during the 1st game and Stoddards injury so good luck to him on his recovery.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 21:04

Bedford,I echo your sentiments.Hell of a shame for a young player to miss out through injury.Hope he can have a shot at the next WC.
Fair play re the Stoddart incident.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:10

It's just a toe! get on with it Danny, take some pain killers!
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:15

Peter seabiscuit wheeler nothing wrong with that.

Andy Farrell was poor for England in rugby union. Very good rugby league player though.

Also Andy Farrell has proved his worth as a coach and by introducing his son to rugby union!

What's your point about Barritt?

I feel that Wigglesworth is going to get a lot of criticism over the coming weeks....

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:35

But seriously yeah Cipriani was a mess, and Flutey was only breifly a genuinly good player and is no more of a 10 than Farrell senior was at the last world cup

Or Farrell Jnr was at the JWC.

Sam don't bring up the whole if he is good enough to play well in an English premiership final he should play 10

I never said he should play ten just that using him as emergency cover is reasonable as it would allow greater depth to be taken in other areas. Similarly I'd have no problem with Wigglesworth covering 10 in an emergency, he shouldn't ever be starting there but if injuries catch us short then he'll do a job.

Would be fairly extreme circumstances that would force Flutey or whoever to cover 10 or 9 in Foden's case.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:35

I wouldn't have minded seeing Cipriani in the squad. Better then taking Hodgeson anyway.

But ho hum he can just be added to the list of players i'd have preferrred chosen...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:38

Does any one else wish MJ had played Allan & Tuilagi during the 6N's? I can't help but wonder where we'd be if they'd already had 5 games together before now.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:39

beshocked wrote:Peter seabiscuit wheeler nothing wrong with that.

Andy Farrell was poor for England in rugby union. Very good rugby league player though.

Also Andy Farrell has proved his worth as a coach and by introducing his son to rugby union!

What's your point about Barritt?

I feel that Wigglesworth is going to get a lot of criticism over the coming weeks....

I just menat dont mention certain players missing from the squad because I know it upsets you!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:42

Does any one else wish MJ had played Allan & Tuilagi during the 6N's? I can't help but wonder where we'd be if they'd already had 5 games together before now..

They've had an entire season together. Smith or Johnno just doesn't like Allen. Flood has said in interviews before now that he's mentioned Allen to the England coaches and pushed his cause. When the first choice (well was at the time) fly half comes out and praises his inside centre for making his life easier you'd have thought the England management would have taken the hint. Sadly instead of a midfield that are already gelled and has a good range of options we now have Hape/Tindall.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:47

Jonno likes big men, nothing personal - he therefore prefers a good big 'un over a good little 'un. Unfortunately it looks like he prefers a crxp big 'un over a very good little 'un. He needs to get over that as Banahan on Shane illustrated. Defences are pretty good these days and guile will outweigh power for me.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:50

Bananaman had a standing start, and Shane isn't the light weight tackler he used to be.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 9:57

When Shane Williams qualfies for England and sure he'll get picked, till then we'll have to make do with Chris Ashrton over Bananaman on the wing.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 10:06

BATH_BTGOG wrote:Bananaman had a standing start, and Shane isn't the light weight tackler he used to be.
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 10:11

Shane isn't the light weight tackler he used to be

Nothing to do with Williams being a light weight tackler or not. All to do with Banahan no managing any footwork, acceleration, hand off or even dropping his shoulder into the little man.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 10:12

BATH_BTGOG wrote:Bananaman had a standing start, and Shane isn't the light weight tackler he used to be.

It wasn't a standing start and from 5 metres you'd expect an ex lock to smash any winger who isn't a Tuilangi. What didn't help Bananhan was aiming straight for williams and then neither driving with his legs or trying to hand him off. Armitage did it far better in the first game and he has to be about 4 stone lighter.

Shanes a good tackler but if Banahan had tried to go outside him or hand him off he'd have had to go for the ankles and then you'd expect Banahan to be able to reach out for the line.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 11:26

So its 5m now is it?

🤦 🤦 🤦
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 11:42

Bath - just tell me your not serious about standing up for Banahan, an 18 stone winger not being able to get past 12 1/2 stone Shane - Just accept that the guy embarassed himself - it happens and maybe Shane has done England a favour here. North would have picked Shane up put him in his pocket, put the ball under the posts after handing off the backrow and then safely deposited Shane back on his wing. That's what a big winger does. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 11:47

Maybe if the pitch was to a standard found on any local park in the country instead of the poorer than poor lose turf that is served up at the MS then maybe Banahan would have been able to accelerate, it was like watching Bambi on Ice.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 11:51

How has a childish fight about Banahan v Shane started up on a thread about Danny Care missing the world cup? Keep your squabbles off the forum please, they're getting tiresome. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 11:55

If Danny Care injured his toe on a poor surface at the MS should the RFU look for compensation?
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 11:58

Apologies dreamer but this is hardly toxic and good fun. Back to the topic - I think Danny Care was looking good for the number 1 scrum half birth and it is extremely unfortunate for him and the likes of Stoddart etc. I believe Jonno is considering Banahan at Scrum Half as apparently he's useful over 3-4 metres but struggles come the 5 mark thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 11:59

Maybe rugbydreamer its to do with the fact that this is a discussion board and sometimes this leads to other topics being discussed!!!!!

Just a guess.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 11:59

BATH_BTGOG wrote:If Danny Care injured his toe on a poor surface at the MS should the RFU look for compensation?

Or the WRU seek comepnation for his poor footwaork damaging their grass?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:01

Ruby - never said it was toxic, tiresome though it definitely is.

All players are going to be at risk of an injury during these warm up games, it's just very unfortunate that it results in them missing out on the world cup. I would say England better pray that Youngs comes back fit and on great form, otherwise I think they're really going to struggle without a no1 scrum half.

Bath - if it was a discussion taking place I wouldn't have a problem. Wen it's just a childish spat I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:03

It looked like a discussing to me.

But let’s move on.

If a player were to injure their neck due to a collapsed scrum at the MS would it make the WRU liable due to the poor condition of the pitch?
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:10

How would you prove the collapsed scrum was due to the pitch? Scrums collapse for all sorts of reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:13

by the fact that all the turf would have broken up, as was the case last saturday when the ref had to call on the ground staff to replace the top layer of the pitch.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:33

that may not be the reason the scrum collapses though, that might just be the effects the scrum had on the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:41

BATH_BTGOG wrote:by the fact that all the turf would have broken up, as was the case last saturday when the ref had to call on the ground staff to replace the top layer of the pitch.

It's a mans game and even suggesting that compensation should be paid for the quality of the playing surface is ridicilous..The ref checks the pitch before kick off and the buck stops with him.
Look at these pics.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/multimedia/sport/rugby/images/2011/08/16/in-pictures-wales-muddiest-rugby-moments-91466-29245781/

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:46

rugbydreamer wrote:that may not be the reason the scrum collapses though, that might just be the effects the scrum had on the pitch.

Can you guys get back on topic please - This is a post about Danny Care - If you want to discuss turf try www.farmersweekly-ooooargghhh.com. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:51

It's crazy that Care is our experienced scrum half when he got his break with Quins at 19/20 while Gommersall was at the last world cup.

In fact our three scrum halves in the last world cup were Gommersall, Richards and Perry (yes Shuan Perry the welder).

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 12:56

HammerofThunor wrote:It's crazy that Care is our experienced scrum half when he got his break with Quins at 19/20 while Gommersall was at the last world cup.

In fact our three scrum halves in the last world cup were Gommersall, Richards and Perry (yes Shuan Perry the welder).

Yeah but if Harry Ellis hadnt been injured he wouldve been there probably as number one, and could well still be the England number one now as a true verteran.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 13:00

Darn that I Evans for stamping on his knee. Real shame.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 13:02

Yeah but if Harry Ellis hadnt been injured he wouldve been there probably as number one, and could well still be the England number one now as a true veteran.

Yeah that knee injury just wouldn't go away. Great scrummy and a real competitor, would have been good to watch the Ellis vs Phillips battles over the years shame we never got the chance.

If it wasn't for the injured knee Ellis was have had 50+ caps comfortabley.

Darn that I Evans for stamping on his knee. Real shame

Don't get me started.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 13:04

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:It's crazy that Care is our experienced scrum half when he got his break with Quins at 19/20 while Gommersall was at the last world cup.

Yeah but if Harry Ellis hadnt been injured he wouldve been there probably as number one, and could well still be the England number one now as a true verteran.

Blimey, I'd forgotten about Ellis. Such a shame he had to retire. He's only 29 Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 13:34

Didnt Ellis punch one of the other England 9's once? Mustve been around 2005 (Dawson?)

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 14:20

Didnt Ellis punch one of the other England 9's once? Mustve been around 2005 (Dawson?).

Wouldn't suprise me, he was a nice guy off the pitch but a angry terrier on it. Could have played flanker if he hadn't made it at 9, as Austin Healey once said "Harry will put his head in places I wouldn't put my feet".

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 15:41

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Didnt Ellis punch one of the other England 9's once? Mustve been around 2005 (Dawson?)

Most people wanted to punch Daws to be fair, (some still do.)

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2