The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Kubica update

+3
Alessandro Ciambella
We Are Number 1!!!
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

Robert Kubica update  Empty Robert Kubica update

Post by Fernando Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Robert Kubica's recovery will accelerate once a final operation to free up his right elbow is completed later this month, according to the doctor overseeing his rehabilitation.

Doctor Riccardo Ceccarelli has admitted that the Pole, who suffered life-threatening injuries in a crash during the Ronde di Andora Rally on February 6, has been held back by the lack of the movement in his right elbow.

But he is confident that the surgery will be a success and allow Kubica's rehabilitation to get underway in earnest because efforts have been made to ensure that as much flexibility has been maintained in the rest of his arm up to now.

"With his elbow blocked, we haven't had the chance to work on a full recovery programme as we would do normally," Ceccarelli told AUTOSPORT.

"However, we have kept the other joints moving as much as possible, with the goal of having as much flexibility as we can and the greatest possible muscular mass available once the elbow is unblocked."

source: autosport

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Robert Kubica update  Empty Re: Robert Kubica update

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Get well soon Robert, F1 misses you!

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 am

Bonjourno!

I only hope that he does not return to F1 with the 'fear' like Massa did after his major crash.

I hope he returns like Mika Hakkinen did after his horrific injury and is rewarded for his bravery and dedication with a WDC. Hopefully at Ferrari!

Forza Kubica!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Future champion in the making Kubica is. He won't comeback a worser driver. He's going to be winning races and driving with the same firey instinct. He isn't Massa... Smile
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Future champion in the making Kubica is. He won't comeback a worser driver. He's going to be winning races and driving with the same firey instinct. He isn't Massa... Smile

Don't expect him to be winning races as soon as he comes back. It could take a full season for him to get back to where he was. Don't forget he hasn't sat in a F1 car for quite a while now, let alone raced competitively.

Even if he rejoins Renault at the end of this season, a few months of winter testing isn't going to be anywhere near enough for him to get race fit, both physically and mentally.

Still, its great to hear he's making progress and is expected to have full use of his arm back soon. Looking forward to seeing him back in the paddock.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Certainly, it could be a more then just A season and A winter to get back on form. So lets not be expected miracles when he returns.

Kubica is a very capable driver and has had bad luck with accidents. But i feel he needs to be in a better car than the renault inorder for him to win races, let alone win teh WDC.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:25 pm

dyrewolfe

It's only a matter of time Very Happy him and Kobayashi are the future of F1!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Kubica is a very capable driver and has had bad luck with accidents. But i feel he needs to be in a better car than the renault inorder for him to win races, let alone win teh WDC.

Bonjourno!

I totally agree with this statement. Only a true great could have won in a Renault car since 2006. They have been struggling ever since that year. The return of the Most Complete Driver on the Grid though saw them get back to winning ways. However, since he has left again Renault have won nothing again.

Robert has to step out of the shadow of 'Senior Diaz' and prove he can win in mediocre equipment before being 'gifted' a drive in a top car.

I am sure Robert will as he is a very higly skilled driver who will never give in. A fantastic quality to have!

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:35 pm

I totally agree with this statement. Only a true great could have won in a Renault car since 2006. They have been struggling ever since that year. The return of the Most Complete Driver on the Grid though saw them get back to winning ways. However, since he has left again Renault have won nothing again.

And that was only thanks to his team mate crashing, to bring out the safety car, which allowed him to go straight to the front of the pack. He was gifted that win. Nothing to do with talent.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Bonjourno!

Ah! I thought somebody would say this. But what happened in the next race? Who was the winner in the Renault!?

In that awful Renault the Second Coming of Senna managed to score more points in the second half of the season than the 2 title rivals in the 6th best car on the grid.

Amazing!

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:59 pm

[quote="Alessandro Ciambella"]Bonjourno!

Ah! I thought somebody would say this. But what happened in the next race? Who was the winner in the Renault!?

In that awful Renault the Second Coming of Senna managed to score more points in the second half of the season than the 2 title rivals in the 6th best car on the grid.

Amazing!

Forza Alonso![/quote]

I think you will find the scond coming of Senna has noly just started racing for Renault Wink
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down