The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Froch get the Agbeko treatment?

+3
Super D Boon
School Project
Seanusarrilius
7 posters

Go down

Will Froch get the Agbeko treatment? Empty Will Froch get the Agbeko treatment?

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Last weekend we saw Agbeko get the shoddiest treatment in his fight with Mares who many are saying was the favoured fighter. Another showtime tourny with a little too much controversy. Is anyone else worried that against Ward Froch may get similar treatment? I have been worried for a while that Ward who is clearly the favoured fighter in this tourny (by showtime and the whole US) will get all the special ref and judge treatment. I hope Froch is judged and refereed fairly.
www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Will Froch get the Agbeko treatment? Empty Re: Will Froch get the Agbeko treatment?

Post by School Project Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:31 pm

Good article,

I've got a feeling (and I've said before) that Froch will suffer from some foul play within the ring (headbutts, shoulders and elbows) with a blind eye turned in Wards favour...

How we can class "dirty boxing" as a style is beyond me and a mockery of the rules as it is, but seeing as Ward has got away with it so far he probably has no reason to stop leaping into his shots and connecting with his head.

I hope Froch is judged fairly too, but I can't see it happening Sad

School Project

Back to top Go down

Will Froch get the Agbeko treatment? Empty Re: Will Froch get the Agbeko treatment?

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:26 am

if Ward starts on Froch the way he did Kessler and nothing gets done i will be furious. To be honest under those circs i would totally understand froch giving it back ala Bika. Say what you want about Bika but he wont have anyone mess with him in the ring. If Ward hold, butts etc then Froch should do the same

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:36 pm

There is no doubt Froch is up against it in this one. Andre Ward has been groomed to win this from the outset. A terribly refereed fight against Kessler and all fights penned for home started this farcical situation off. Ward is alarmingly similar (although more skillful) to Sven Ottke in that he leads with his head and is allowed to get away with it without so much as a warning from the ref and that his fights have an overpowering stench of rigged coming from them. Froch needs to KO this bum!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Froch will have to ko to win i am sure. Boxing is a great sportut as they say a ruthless business. Thing is, Froch is mroe exciting, has bigger fan as he is known on both sides of atlantic and will take on all comers. So why are they so hell bent on giving Ward every advantage. Is Ward still working with Conte? That would urine me off.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Agree that he needs a KO win or if it goes the full 12 he need to win by 4-5 rounds to just about get the nod.

Anything close will go to Ward IMO.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:03 pm

i've seen a interview with froch (think it was the 24/7 super 6 things) and he knows he needs to beat ward via KO, he said that after the kessler fight he learned that any close fights will go the home fighters way, and they will get away with murder. so if he loses he can't complain (well he can and probably will but he knew it was coming), however, whether im blinded because he is the best champion we have or not i actually think he will manage to get to ward and force a TKO late on, probably whilst behind on score cards. dont think wards power will worry him, and he will just keep coming and try and corner him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Ward may well beat Froch without any foul play and additional help but think he'll get help regardless.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:36 pm

i actually fancy it. froch has a knack of finding ways to win, a decent chin not bad power himself. the only thing that could lose it him is if his workrate drops in some of the rounds, which he is prone to do unfortunatly

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:29 pm

i really hope froch can pull it out. Ward is a talent but i really dont like the way he is being given preferential treatment in this tourney. Hopefully because of the recent disgrace that was Agbeko's treatment, Froch will get a fair shake.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:44 am

It's a bit farcical that we have to even acknowledge this as a factor...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down