The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else love the irony? RFU online store

+3
formerly known as Sam
disneychilly
beshocked
7 posters

Go down

Anyone else love the irony? RFU online store Empty Anyone else love the irony? RFU online store

Post by beshocked Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

http://store.rfu.com/stores/rfu/products/product_browse.aspx?free_text=England%20Rugby%20Kit&portal=XR5QB3QN&WT.mc_id=2011-RFS-NL-RD04

Obviously I am talking about the huge captions: ENGLAND PRIDE with Riki Flutey standing next to it wearing a black jersey.

Also NEW BLOOD NEW SKIN with Mark Cueto one of England's slower and more experienced wingers next to it.

Another point Danny Care is injured and David Strettle was kicked out of the England squad quite early.

Way to go RFU!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Anyone else love the irony? RFU online store Empty Re: Anyone else love the irony? RFU online store

Post by disneychilly Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:40 pm

That's hilarious. Flutey looks happy to be given the chance to wear the black jersey in a test.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Anyone else love the irony? RFU online store Empty Re: Anyone else love the irony? RFU online store

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:18 pm

Another point Danny Care is injured and David Strettle was kicked out of the England squad quite early

I didn't really understand why Strettle was called up to be honest he had a good season but not a great one and seemed to get called up on the basis he was already in the EPS. I'd have much rather seen Short in there, more power, more pace and a better finisher.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:34 pm

beshocked wrote:http://store.rfu.com/stores/rfu/products/product_browse.aspx?free_text=England%20Rugby%20Kit&portal=XR5QB3QN&WT.mc_id=2011-RFS-NL-RD04

Obviously I am talking about the huge captions: ENGLAND PRIDE with Riki Flutey standing next to it wearing a black jersey.

Also NEW BLOOD NEW SKIN with Mark Cueto one of England's slower and more experienced wingers next to it.

Another point Danny Care is injured and David Strettle was kicked out of the England squad quite early.

Way to go RFU!

thumbsup

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:42 pm

absolutely brilliant. Does Greyghost work for the RFU? Does anyone know?!

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:11 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Another point Danny Care is injured and David Strettle was kicked out of the England squad quite early

I didn't really understand why Strettle was called up to be honest he had a good season but not a great one and seemed to get called up on the basis he was already in the EPS. I'd have much rather seen Short in there, more power, more pace and a better finisher.

Sam I can understand your POV. Strettle didn't score many tries but did well in terms of defenders beaten and clean breaks made (he topped both in the AP).

Agree that Short looks really promising. Looked in great form in the recent JP Morgan Sevens tournament.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

Comfort wrote:absolutely brilliant. Does Greyghost work for the RFU? Does anyone know?!

I did apply once, but they turned me down because my claim to residency was too authentic.

TBH though, they would've put Flutey in the black because the colours suit the polynesian complexion better. Very anglo-saxon folks tend to look washed out and a bit gothic. Not much of a look for a rugby team.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

GG, Im sure you could have plucked an English Granny from somewhere? Even Waldrom managed that!

Run

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:52 pm

Less embaressing than the Borthwick and Sackey naked adverts, that was just disturbing

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down