The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Sheamus be the next Triple H?

2 posters

Go down

Can Sheamus be the next Triple H? Empty Can Sheamus be the next Triple H?

Post by Crimey Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

WWE are obviously in the need for main eventers, the old guard has all but gone, of the three guys who lasted the longest in Undertaker, Triple H and Shawn Michaels, one is fully retired and the other two are in a limbo between semi and full retirement, but they cannot be relied up on for much longer. I see CM Punk as the guy who can be the next Shawn Michaels, he's good on the mic, perhaps even better and I've always been a big fan of him in the ring, where all his moves look like they will hurt and I think Punk is a guy who can make most look very good in the ring and put people over, just like HBK.

Spoiler:

Undertaker is a bit tricker to replace, as not only does he have the spot on the roster which he has kept for over 20 years, but his character is litterally irreplacable. I actually think Wade Barrett could take his spot as the big man who can wrestle on the roster, of people currently in WWE's talent I think Barrett is the most suited to that role, although he obviously won't become the same character, the spot on the roster I can certainly see being Barrett's.

Spoiler:

Triple H has been a main eventer for over a decade now, but his pulling power is fading, he hasn't wrestled since Wrestlemania 27, and it's clear he's slowing down, he's been booking things backstage, he's taken a non-wrestling position on-screen, he is not in the condition to continue main eventing for WWE, and he and the rest of the WWE has realised this. However, that spot cannot go unfilled, and I think WWE have the answer and the answer is Sheamus.

I think Sheamus has everything it takes to be the next Triple H, he has a good build, similar to Triple H where he isn't hugely tall but built in a way that looks impressive, his move look genuinly painful and devestating, I think his mic skills are good and still improving, give him more time on the mic and he can only get better with time and cruicially for me, I think he has shown recently that, like Triple H, he can work heel and face with the same quality. I think that was a big part of why Triple H had such main longevity and always found himself main eventing because of his ability to change easily between face and heel with relative ease, and I think Sheamus can do the same.

Sheamus looked good in his last main event run, but has been booked terribly since, but now he has moved to Smackdown he has a much better at getting pushed well and not getting lost in the pack, and I genuinly think Sheamus can be a legitimate and believable main eventer in the next year or so, he just needs the right backing and a good feud that will showcase his skills in the ring and on the mic, he gets a good crowd reaction and I think he has all the tools to make it.

Spoiler:
But what do you guys think?

Last edited by invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Can Sheamus be the next Triple H? Empty Re: Can Sheamus be the next Triple H?

Post by talkingpoint Sun 21 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

I think comparisons to HHH are natural - firstly because people widely believe he got his first push due to being gym buddies with HHH and secondly because of his physique. Sheamus has also been compared to Goldberg too!

Sheamus has the potential to be a destroyer - someone who could have an aura about him - that of a really intimidating opponent. But long gone are the days when guys like Goldberg or Lesnar terrorised the roster. The rise of the UFC has made it increasingly harder to realistically portray huge winning streaks. Not even Brock could sustain a great unbeaten streak in the UFC and was decimated by Valesquez. People don't buy into dominant champions like they used to in the days of Hogan because 1) everyone now knows wrestling is scripted and know the secrets of the trade and 2) it is very rare for even real fighters to have a lengthy unbeaten streak. The only two guys at the moment who have achieved it in the UFC are GSP and Anderson Silva.

Saying that HHH was a very vicious heel in his prime and his sledge hammer became iconic. If Sheamus was to become the new HHH he would need some sort of gimmick that would separate him from your generic heavyweight heel type. Sheamus has shown the ruthless aggressive streak before, but he's yet to carve out for himself a truly distinctive persona. He also needs to be involved in much bigger storylines - like the one Punk is involved in at the moment. HHH was involved in perhaps the biggest heel storyline in WWE history with the MacMahon-Helmsley reign of terror. Now Sheamus can't marry the boss's daughter but if the WWE gave it some thought he could be involved in a massive storyline himself. But he definitely needs that pivotal ark in order to get himself over as one of the baddest heels in the business and generate the type of heat needed to carry his legacy.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down