The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheamus

+2
JoshSansom
x12x
6 posters

Go down

Sheamus Empty Sheamus

Post by x12x Wed 05 Jun 2013, 21:30

Is Sheamus face or heel because though he gets pushed as a face he's such a d!ck...when Mark Henry and him were feuding during the tests of strength a couple of times he just gave up and attacked Henry out of the blue...now he's feuding with Sandow and he's doing the same thing with him. I always complain that Cesaro has no direction from the writers and there are a lot of wrestlers who are in a sort of mid card purgatory but I really think that Sheamus may be the most misdirected wrestler on the current WWE roster.

Where do you see him on the roster...should he be having title matches or a certain rivalry because he seems to just not fit in anywhere at the moment apart from being the guy who says fella while Orton attempts to remember his lines.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Sheamus Empty Re: Sheamus

Post by JoshSansom Wed 05 Jun 2013, 21:38

He is a face - while I don't find him hugely interesting he has an over the top, comic look, that appeals to the younger audience.

In his current guise he isn't really there to appeal to me as an audience member though that is ok, there are plenty of others who do!!

In terms of the way he acts he is kind of stuck in limbo at the moment without a lot to do. With the WHC being stuck in the Ziggler, ADR, Swagger scene at the moment it is leaving a number of guys without a lot to do. I could see them going for Sheamus v Orton if the latter turns heel or Sheamus going after Ambrose in the Shield though neither offers a great chance to put him over and build him back up.

I would guess that his programme with Henry was supposed to be longer and so there isn't a lot to do bar chase the tag titles with Orton in the interim.

The Sandow feud will hopefully give both a boost and is OK as filler though there is only so much you can do with a character even more one dimensional than Cena. He brawls, is Irish and ... and ...

I think he really needs to stay a face because there are so few but I can't think of a feud that would be interesting for him at the moment.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 05 Jun 2013, 21:44

I'd like to see Orton and Sheamus feud if it means an Orton turn and from the Smackdown Spoilers I've read:

Spoiler:

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:11

I like Sheamus but he is getting on my nerves at the moment, its like John Cena v2. He needs something purposeful to do.

He is also annoying me by interrupting Mr Sandow who is hilarious.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:22

I liked Sheamus when he was the destructive heel and even the start of his face turn. But his comic fight-loving gimmick grates on me so much it is unreal.

His comic timing is also worse than Cena's. At the start of the knot segment with Sandow he made a joke as he got in the ring and threw the punchline away without any emphasis. It wasn't funny, but most of the crowd didn't even realise the joke had finished it was delivered so badly.

He was my number 1 pick of people to fire from WWE on the podcast a few weeks back, simply because I get so wound up by him that it affects everything I watch that he is involved with.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:28

I really like Sheamus, and I think he's a much better babyface that a heel as he has alot of natural charm.

If I was picking my current dream roster, I'd have him as one of my top faces and I can't say that about many of the WWE's faces right now.

That said he's being badly mismanaged, he can be a face without being a pandering comedian, I think he'd work so well as an arse-kicking tough guy, with a little bit of that irish charm woven in without doing anything.

I haven't minded his interaction with Sandow that much, it tells a decent story of Sandow trying to belittle Sheamus intellectually and Sheamus just beating him up.

If Steve Austin did that we'd all love it.

Sheamus has real potential IMO, but he just needs to re-focus his character, a little less comedy a little more fight.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:29

It's so frustrating, as he's obviously a talented guy, I think he's got a great unique look and as a heel can look devastating. Why the WWE feel he's best used as a "funny" face is baffling. I think it probably has a lot to do with him being Irish who are supposed to have natural wit, yet Sheamus obviously doesn't.

I think being funny is the hardest thing to be in wrestling and it isn't a disaster to fail at it. If they want Sheamus as a face, he'd be better as a face who just beats people up, he's good at it and he's intimidating.

Basically he should be booked in a similar way to how Triple H is booked when he's not trying, and failing, to be funny.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:32

I think Trips is very funny......

Sheamus needs to be a little more serious, I think it would definitely benefit his character....he is a tad annoying at the moment. That being said I do prefer him as a face.

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:35

Sara wrote:I think Trips is very funny......

Sheamus needs to be a little more serious, I think it would definitely benefit his character....he is a tad annoying at the moment. That being said I do prefer him as a face.

The only time Trips is funny is when he is putting down the rest of the roster. The jokes he uses then are funny, but he's used it to damage so many people that the joke has worn thin!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:49

Must just be me then! I have always found his comedy funny and I am sure I will continue to do so

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:59

That's fair enough, comedy is a very subjective thing. It just annoys me that someone in Trips position still finds it necessary to belittle the potential stars of tomorrow.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:09

Yeah, I agree with the belittling thing, that's wrong. I am thinking more of how funny DX were.

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down